1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Minnesota Riots [may 2020]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Astrodome, May 28, 2020.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

2. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Now this **** is funny!!!!!

T_Man

Andre0087 likes this.
  3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Um White Nationalist are doing the same.

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Happened over a year ago and the "FBI" narrative was made up by that twitter account, the real source is this Instagram guy who was asked to show his ID because the cops mistook him for someone else.

Whole video in that link, he's acting like a huge ass honestly and the cops were playing it nice all throughout, just asking for his ID and telling him he'd be free to go if he showed it.

Andre0087, generalthade_03 and cml750 like this.
  5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yeah, nobody wants that. The cops should move along.

6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Where are you getting this "proof" from?

7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Forget racial profiling for a moment. If the authorities are legitimately looking for a suspect, how are they suppose to detain a suspect if you feel they can't ask for identity?

Should we require everyone to show identity? If not, then we should make facial recognization cams in public places illegal.

Should the authorities be required to have a soft warrant (meaning they are required to display proof they are looking for a suspect and can only detain that suspect, but force anyone to show identity. And it must display time/date specifications to prevent carte blanche).

We can't have a criminal simply go 'oh you're racial profiling me, move along'.

Yung-T likes this.
  8. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Crazy video. Savage.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Nobody wants to live in a society where you're lawfully enjoying yourself at a local established only to be harassed by police. Quite simply, it's embarrassing, inconvenient and uncalled for.

10. Space Ghost

Thanks for answering the question. You're perfectly fine with criminals refusing to show identity and walking away freely in the name of political bias.

Again, the question is how do we identify and detain suspects but also stop racial profiling. You refuse to offer a solution but instead to b**** and moan over the problem at hand.

Yung-T likes this.
  11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Political bias? Which side does not wanting the government to unnecessarily interfere with my day-to-day activities fall on? I simply look at the situation as if I were in it. I would not want to be bothered and would welcome the same for everyone else. I don't have your solution, but harassing people based on hearsay is too low of a bar. I'd love to hear what others propose.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

13. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

14. Space Ghost

I agree with you. I dont want to be harassed for the sake of being harassed.

But if there is a criminal in the area that fits my general description, I have no issue showing my ID.

Its why I suggested authorities should show proof of search in some form. It doesnt necessarily need to go through a judge, but it should go through an unbiased approval to go around asking for identities.

If people are ok with facial recognization cams in public places, they should be perfectly fine with an officer asking for identity. Im not ok with facial recognization cams unless they are looking for a specific target. (which absolutely should require a warrant)

Ziggy and Yung-T like this.
  15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

That's the way I took it.

Crowd of people, someone allegedly fired, they fired back.

"Riley was among the hundreds who had swarmed the corner of 26th and Broadway on Monday where Louisville police and National Guard personnel were breaking up a "large crowd" that had gathered in the parking lot outside a Dino's Food Mart, according to law enforcement officials.

LMPD Chief Steve Conrad said in a statement on Monday that someone shot at officers and both officers and soldiers "returned fire." The identities of the suspect and the law enforcement officers who returned fire have not been released."

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...led-louisville-police-national-guard-protests

A bystander who livestreamed the incident said the people gathered in the parking lot outside Dino's Food Mart were not there to protest.

"We were just out there chilling," Kris Smith, whose Facebook Live video recorded shots being fired, said in another video on Monday.

"We weren’t protesting... We were just having a good time. We were eating... We were listening to music, having a good time," Smith said. "That’s all we were doing out there."

Smith's video appeared to show him and a group of others eating, drinking, and listening to music in the parking lot, before hordes of police officers and national guard members arrived in the parking lot and ordered the crowd to leave.

A gunshot can be heard in the video, followed by a brief pause, and then the sounds of several shots being fired in succession.

Several armed police officers and national guard members can be seen taking cover behind parked vehicles with their weapons raised.

“It was like a delayed reaction, like they were looking to try and see where it was coming from, if it was a gunshot, if it was a firework, or whatever," Smith told the Associated Press. “Then all of a sudden they just started shooting.”

"They killed a guy later in this video fast forward to 28:50"

17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

She should have thrown that brick at the car.

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So what does this mean to you?

Why the **** should we care what this guy says?

Yeah I know whose son he is but why do you care?

You just can't help but stir **** up, this says a lot about you as a poster, Baffled.

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'll ask you but I don't expect any sincerity.

What evidence is there that those people in that car are "Antifa"?

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature...es-why-departments-respond-with-force-anyway/
    Researchers have spent 50 years studying the way crowds of protesters and crowds of police behave — and what happens when the two interact. One thing they will tell you is that when the police respond by escalating force — wearing riot gear from the start, or using tear gas on protesters — it doesn’t work. In fact, disproportionate police force is one of the things that can make a peaceful protest not so peaceful. But if we know that (and have known that for decades), why are police still doing it?

“There’s this failed mindset of ‘if we show force, immediately we will deter criminal activity or unruly activity’ and show me where that has worked,” said Scott Thomson, the former chief of police in Camden, New Jersey.

“That’s the primal response,” he said. “The adrenaline starts to pump, the temperature in the room is rising, and you want to go one step higher. But what we need to know as professionals is that there are times, if we go one step higher, we are forcing them to go one step higher.”
    Article later says de-escalation aren't always successful. Some protestors flat out lie or want to cause ****. When that happens police response regresses.

#780 Invisible Fan, Jun 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    nguyen3706 and B-Bob like this.