1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Have you ever "revisited" a place in a dream that exists only in your dreams?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Outlier, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Outlier

Outlier Member

It was so vivid. A resort looking area. Followed by a hotel with multiple flights of stairs. Followed by an elevator room with an elevator clerk. And then islands. Losing my luggage in this dream and running around trying to ask people if they have seen it. I have been in this place before but only in a dream.

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Had that happen several times and in those dreams hugely felt at home/nostalgia that you have when visiting childhood places.

The brain is wild, no wonder many think the dream world is connected to some other dimension (which I don't believe, but the experiences can really make you feel like there's more to it).

KingCheetah, Ubiquitin and mikol13 like this.
  3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yes. Multiple times in multiple settings. My dreams are incredibly trippy.

Since you asked to hear one, I will tell one

The other night, I had what seemed like a 30-minute dream of me casually talking politics with a random Asian woman while I went through different gym sized rooms that I am accessing from tiny doors in my bedroom closet, I said something offensive to her and she ran away, when I chased her I couldn't find her, but instead found a 10 year old asian girl who was wearing her clothes. The little girl hopped on my back and we walked to my living room.

Now it's in the middle of the night, and as I walked into my living room I noticed my blinds were wide open, as I approached my blinds I saw 10ft tall shadowy black figure out of the corner of my eye, I looked over and it was the grim reaper but with a different mask that I've never seen, once I made eye contact with it, it hovered (not ran) almost instantly to my door, my front door blast opens and he hovers immediately towards me, face to face within just an inch between us looking down in my face, I drop the little girl and for a moment a thought rushes through my head of offering her to him and running, but I don't I stay frozen, I'm panicking and all of the sudden I hear a loud thunderous roar and extreme vibration. I can hear my wife yelling "What the **** are you doing" in the background, I wake up gasping. I'm pretty sure that was a sleep apnea episode and I should probably see a doctor.

Anyways, that's one of my milder dreams.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nexus.

Groundhog day.

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

yes, inside alexis texas and gianna michaels.

RedRedemption and RocketBlood like this.
  6. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes. There is a whole subplot in my dreams. It’s surreal to think about how my dreams have continuity that is completely unique from the reality I live in.

Two Sandwiches and Yung-T like this.
  7. PhiSlammaJamma

Yes. Sometimes.

But what I thought was weird was that I never had a dream within a dream until after the movie inception. Now that happens once or twice a year for me and I have gone several dreams deep. But not until after the movie. Explain that.

Additionally, I am now incredibly adept at solving nightmares from within the dream. Never to have them again. I solved my alligator dreams by crashing the scooby- doo van into a pit of alligators with the Olympic pole vaulting team. We pole vaulted out. No more alligator dreams ever after having them all the freaking time.

Last year the murderer came into my dream through a window, and I yelled "cut." I told the murder I didn't like his emotional state as he came through the window. That I needed a better scene. He was like, "what. ok. I can do that better." So he went back out the window. And that nightmare ended. So now I have the ability to add direction to my dreams and it's been incredible. It happens all the time now. I really don't have nightmares anymore. I stop dreams right in the middle and change the plot. Yes. It's strange. I know. But I'm doing it.

#7 PhiSlammaJamma, Jun 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

This is bizarre... I woke up a little past 7 am cst this morning from a vivid dream with this very theme/ structure -- I was still thinking about it trying to figure it out when I saw this thread.

It's like a Netflix series and I watch a new episode months, sometimes years apart -- so strange.

PhiSlammaJamma and Yung-T like this.
  9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

That should be a movie, fahk.

PhiSlammaJamma likes this.
  10. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

wow.....interesting thread. Not necessarily the same place , but I have the same circumstance in different places, my phone contracts a virus where its in some weird game mode and I cant fix it, I am ways out of town so I cant call my GF, work or family and I search for a way to contact them and panic. On Sat I took a nap and had the same scenario but this time I was cheating with a sales rep (who is actually a good friend) and she ended up leaving her phone, sweater and keys in my car and I could not get her phone to work either.............when I woke up I knew I was in a dream and felt relieved. Very vivid and in color, I am sure there is some messed up stuff in my subconscious

11. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Dam dude..........that is awesome

12. KingCheetah

Invisible Fan and PhiSlammaJamma like this.
  13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I have a few.
    • In one, I'm a mother watching my kids play in a playground through a fence. Then a nuke hits and everything is turned to ash in slow motion.
    • I also have a dream where there's a Unicorn galloping through a mysterious forest. I also can't remember my childhood in the dream. Weird.
    • I have this one long dream where I befriend a talking scarecrow, tin man an lion on my way to fight an evil witch. I'm also wearing a dress and red shoes, not sure what that's about.
    • I'm a little kid dressed up as a cowboy in white. Then I use my BB Gun to chase off Black Bart and save my family. My mom never liked guns, but I showed her!
    • Weird Nazi werewolves break into my house.

14. conquistador#11

Woke while being not woke.
    I can't say I've had. The weirdest is remembering, in detail, a dream I had a decade ago and remembering that I wanted to remember it the following day.

15. KingCheetah

To be serious you have several common dream/sleep phenomena listed here that have been documented for millenia. Sleep paralysis, succubus, shadow person, exploding head syndrome, feeling electric shock/vibration (typically in your head) -- frequently they are related to sleep apnea.

ThatBoyNick and Yung-T like this.
  16. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I don't remember the majority of my dreams. There's one I don't remember any specific details of after I wake up but I do remember having the thought in the middle of it "Oh, it's this f***ing dream again." Where I feel like it's not just in the same place but basically a replay of a dream I've had many times before.

There's nothing worse than really wanting to wake up from a dream, waking up and then realizing you woke up in the dream. That hasn't happened to me much recently, but happened to me often as a child, sometimes several times before finally actually waking up. Well. Hopefully this is real life.

Edit: On second thought, scratch that last sentence. I may prefer this being a dream.

#16 arkoe, Jun 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    Yung-T likes this.
  17. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

I had a dream the Rockets won back to back Championships in the 90's...felt so real

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Thanks for the concern KC, I'm fairly certain I didn't have sleep paralysis, exploding head syndrome, or succubus (lol). The girls were totally nonsexual, the loud roaring and vibrations were me physically hearing and feeling my snoring/choking because I stopped breathing. It was very loud which is my wife freaked out, and I've had sleep paralysis many times, scary ****.

Shadow person yes, and I've seen a very similar shadow person during actual sleep paralysis which was 100x more ****ed up.

I am pretty sure I'm having sleep apnea, this isn't the first time I've woken up gasping over the last few months.

I'll add it to the long list of things to tell my future doctor if I can ever afford to get insurance, the poor f*cker is gonna be overwhelmed.

Yung-T and KingCheetah like this.
  19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Sorry if it's been said already, but yes, see a doctor about possible sleep apnea. That literally can be a killer for otherwise healthy people. Not to be alarmist, but please take it seriously.

Yung-T, KingCheetah and ThatBoyNick like this.
  20. KingCheetah

I was thinking about the succubus that steals your breath -- I might be getting my sleep monsters confused... anyways they are just old wives tales for sleep apnea.

'Exploding head syndrome' is interesting...

Individuals with exploding head syndrome hear or experience loud imagined noises as they are falling asleep or waking up, have a strong, often frightened emotional reaction to the sound, and do not report significant pain; around 10% of people also experience visual disturbances like perceiving visual static, lightning, or flashes of light. Some people may also experience heat, strange feelings in their torso, or a feeling of electrical tinglings that ascends to the head before the auditory hallucinations occur.[2] With the heightened arousal, people experience distress, confusion, myoclonic jerks, tachycardia, sweating, and the sensation that feels as if they have stopped breathing and have to make a deliberate effort to breathe again.[4][6][7][8]

Yung-T and ThatBoyNick like this.