1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why cops have to remain vigilant

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Senator, May 31, 2020.

1. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

From the contracting stories I've heard the roofer gets disoriented due to an underlying health condition and usually not of a work place mistake.

2. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

What does this have to do with the current situation? Not a DAMN THING.

Police are a symptom of a society that devalues black life, specifically black males lives. When was the last time you saw a white male killed on video by Police or someone acting like a vigilante? We seen it atleast 6 times I can think of in the last 3 months happening to a black male. Hell, black people killing each other is a symptom how little people care about black lives. Society has decided you can kill a black male and get away with it (if you are not black, of course). If you commit a crime, blame it on a black person because that what society expects from black males (woman in Florida drowning her kid, blames 2 black perps that doesn’t exist. Atleast, the cops there decided to do their job). The black community cannot fix its problems until Society as a whole starts to respect Black Lives. Drugs and Gangs are part of the lack of respect for Black Lives. The Legacy of Slavery is that many People, Government entities, and Corporations still think of African Americans as lesser humans, sub-consciously or not. Black America can only do so much. Real change has to come from Majority: White America is where the power lies. The laws and leadership has to start respecting Black America or this will never change. With that change, Black America can really start to work on its issues.

3. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

T_Man

amaru and Reeko like this.
  4. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

End the war on drugs
    end the for profit prison system
    end the militarization of the police force

amaru and edwardc like this.
  5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I fully agree that LEO have a very dangerous job and have to remain vigilant. None of that justifies what LEO Chauvin did or is legal exonerating. That LEO Dhaliwal gave his life while doing his duty makes Chauvin's actions even more reprehensible. It furthers the divide between LE and the communities they are there to protect and makes things far more dangerous for them.

amaru likes this.
  6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The only thing I hate is injustice. The blond white girl doesn't get the same trwstment even with an identical history and you know it. When you say "... that's no fault of the cops", you've already lost and YOU have become part of the problem and not part of the solution.

7. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

8. amaru

amaru Member

The fact that you didn’t @ me says a lot. You typed out my name but didn’t want to click on it when it popped up on your screen. Scared?

As for your ridiculous post, I remember hearing about this young man’s murder. I don’t live in that state but the prevailing sentiment was one of mourning. It sounds like he was actually doing what police officers are supposed to do.

9. amaru

amaru Member

10. Senator

Senator Member

Why would I care about @ING? Can you do anything without threatening violence or promoting self hate?

These events constantly show the same thing - the reason for anger amongst African Americans isn't a few isolated incidents, it's the lack of ability combined with missing father figures. Promotion of crime because of things that happened centuries ago. Cowards like you are too afraid to address this in real life and take the easy route out by blaming slavery.

Yet every other immigrant group falls over backwards to make it to this country and never want to go back home. No other country has more successful immigrants.

11. amaru

amaru Member

Father figures? SLAVERY?!?! Lol what the hell are you talking about. Bringing up immigrants huh... I’ll let you in on a little secret, I’m a 2nd Generation immigrant. Half of my family wasn’t even on this continent until 40 years ago, yet they’ve passed white supremacist like yourself. How pathetic.

12. Senator

Senator Member

Another weak response from a weak man hiding behind a screen throwing insults. I don't play this game - everyone who is honest with you isn't a white supremist. Those with the courage to clean up their own backyard don't hurl insults and threats at others. Thanks for 4 more years of Trump.

13. amaru

amaru Member

Says the guy too scared to @ the poster he was mentioned by name o_O

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  14. generalthade_03

Then you sure are brainwashed by the Dems using you for their political agendas. #WalkAway man just walk away.

15. amaru

amaru Member

Lol oh I’m no democrat or republican. But you still haven’t answered my question in the previous post.

16. generalthade_03

Not sure I understand your question.

17. amaru

amaru Member

I was wondering where you saw the link to donate to the officer who was killed a few days ago. I didn’t see where the family was asking for money.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  18. generalthade_03

The family of George Floyd did not asked for money and neither did the family of this slain officer, I was making a comparison.

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Nothing that led to George Floyd's death was about "vigilance".

Dangerous, callous laziness yes. Vigilance no.

amaru likes this.