1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

In the vacuum of American leadership... Joe Biden steps up to address America...

2. NewRoxFan

The tweet by Joe Biden was from October 25, 2019...

3. NewRoxFan

Following trump's and the federalist's leads...

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Back in April, it became clear that Florida was intentionally hiding a list of daily deaths that had previously been compiled by county medical examiners. Since that time, those examiners, as well as hospitals and local officials, have complained that the number of COVID-19 deaths being reported in Governor Ron DeSantis regular updates, doesn’t match what they’re seeing in their areas. Last week, the scientist behind Florida’s COVID-19 dashboard was fired after she says she refused to alter numbers as she was told.

With 52,600 confirmed cases of COVID-19, Florida is in the top ten states when it comes to infections. But the 2,300 recorded deaths is less than half of those from Michigan, a state with a similar number of cases. Considering the number of elderly residents and retirement communities, Florida’s relatively light death toll seemed somewhat miraculous, and DeSantis has been bragging both about the “success” of his policies and sneering at pundits that warned of potential disaster from his refusal to enforce social distancing guidelines.

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Disappointing. If I could, I would immediately revoke any CARE act funds he received and I would also prevent him from receiving any medical care related to Covid.

Reeko, DVauthrin and RayRay10 like this.
  6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I cant read the article. Where is the Texas bar located? Local doctors, nurses, contact tracers, etc... should feel free to post negative reviews on the businesses Google & Yelp profiles.

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. NewRoxFan

Numbers still rising in Montgomery County...

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. NewRoxFan

Liberty Tree Tavern in Elgin...

‘Sorry, no mask allowed': Texas bar resists coronavirus guidance, turns away mask wearers
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...tree-tavern-says-no-masks-allowed/5273257002/
    [​IMG]

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Seems like a stunt to get attention and pull in every sh$t kicking redneck in central TX. In Elgin it probably works, but this place would be put on blast if they did this on Rainy street or even 6th street. Obviously it's a bar and people will have to take their masks off to drink liquids into their mouths. Banning masks serves no purpose but to get attention to draw in Trumpers.

Reeko, RayRay10 and Deckard like this.
  10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yeah, it's a gimmick. Good sausage in that town, though.

RayRay10 and dobro1229 like this.
  11. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Lake of the Ozarks crowd member tests positive for COVID-19

CAMDEN COUNTY, Mo. — Remember that Lake of the Ozarks crowd over the Memorial Day Weekend? One of the people who was there later tested positive for COVID-19 according to the Camden County Health Department.

The Health Department says this person was possibly infectious and likely incubating the illness at the time they were at the lake.

Below is a list of places the person visited while visiting the Lake of the Ozarks area:

Saturday, May 23, 2020

• Backwater Jacks: 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
    • Shady Gators and Lazy Gators Pool: 5:40 p.m. – 9 p.m.
    • Backwater Jacks 9:40 p.m. – 10 p.m.
    Sunday May 24

• Buffalo Wild Wings: 1 p.m. – 2 p.m.
    • Shady Gators: 2:30 p.m. until 6:30 p.m. -7 p.m.
    • Taxi from Shady Gators to private residence around 7 p.m.

joshuaao, IBTL and RayRay10 like this.
  12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am really worried about that with all of the protesting and everything going on we will see a spike in COVID 19. I'm worried about myself personally. I've been wearing a mask and during the protest / riot at the 3rd Precinct wore a respirator. That said social distance has been impossible. This is one situation where had to weigh doing something to help my city versus the continued danger of COVID-19. When this is over I'm going to have to be very careful and might self-isolate for two weeks.

13. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is my concern. COVID did not suddenly disappear.

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. NewRoxFan

15. IBTL

IBTL Member

With that circulation in the gulf of campeche at start of hurricane season I think they should let all the animals of the zoo out

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. NewRoxFan

Wasn't so long ago when Sweden was touted as a success story for not overacting...

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Mooting Corona Cases Before They Reach the Supreme Court
    Blue states played "keep-away" with Free Exercise and Second Amendment cases on the shadow docket:

https://reason.com/2020/06/03/mooting-corona-cases-before-they-reach-the-supreme-court/

excerpt:

This week, we have witnessed peaceful demonstrations of similar sizes throughout the country. Most–but not all–of the peaceful demonstrators were allowed to assemble. Most–but not all–were wearing masks. And at least in my hometown, people were given permission to march on highways, public streets, and gather at City Hall.

Why were governors and mayors willing to let thousands of people demonstrate today, but were not willing to let hundreds of people assemble in a church a few weeks ago. For sure, you can argue that ventilation is better outside. But that argument only works to a point. The Surgeon General warned that the outdoor protests may yield outbreaks of Corona.

I see a different reason why mayors and governors allowed protestors to assemble without social distancing, but religious parishioners were forbidden to assemble even with social distancing: the officials viewed in-person protests as "essential," but in-person religious service as "non-essential." Judge Sutton stated the issue concisely:
    Governors labelled a constitutionally enumerated right, which was subject to the whims of an eleventh-hour change, as non-essential. They did not think prayer was life-sustaining or soul-sustaining. Do it on Zoom! But we know they labelled demonstrations as essential. That cannot be done on Zoom! They also labelled mundane commercial activities, which were open from day-one, as essential, even where the risk of spread was high. This dichotomy warrants constitutional scrutiny under Smith, as well as Masterpiece Cakeshop. Arguing about whether certain facilities are "comparable" or not is the wrong frame.​

18. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There's no need to worry about an increase in Covid. You need to prepare for the absolute increase in covid that is coming.

shorerider and RayRay10 like this.
  20. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

And the NBA is getting closer and closer to playing there...should go well: