1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pressure washer

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Haymitch, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Actually, one videos tested it and it was 1900 psi rated at 1600.

2. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Ryobi “green” is a lot better than the old “blue” versions. I have Ryobi 18v for a tire inflator, flashlights, an impact driver, Power Drain Auger (LOVE!), and a circular saw. Also, that power washer. I have Milwaukee for 12v: Drill, HackZall (fuel), mid-torque impact wrench (Fuel), ratchet, and multitool. 18v: high torque impact wrench. I use Milwaukee more for automotive work.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

WTF is a "power drain auger"? Mechanical drain snake I guess?

eta: and since nobody's mentioned it, do not buy any cordless tool with less than an 18v battery.

4. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Tell that to craftsmans nextec line that went kaputz. Great little carry around power tools but no longer produced. If mine ever shat the bed, Im going Milwaukee.

5. Buck Turgidson

Only stuff you should ever buy Craftman are wreches and sockets and such.

As an aside: if anyone is interested in battery operated lawn tools, I bought my mom a battery powered Stihl chainsaw (MSA-140C) for Xmas and it is a running cutting dude. Same batteries work in the weedeaters/trimmers/polesaws/etc....

6. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Wish I would have seen this thread when it first came out. I got a electric pressure washer, 1800 PSI about 5-6 years ago. It works fine for most stuff around the house, but I dread doing the driveway. It gets the job done, but just makes job more a pain in the butt than I would like. I did not expect it to last as long as it has considering I typically use it a lot over a weekend and then have it sit in the garage for 6 months. I'll probably stick with electric for next buy as gas motors probably are not the best for the frequency I use a pressure washer, but I need a little more power.

7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-18-Volt-ONE-Drain-Auger-Tool-Only-P4001/206405601

IT is a LIFE saver.....also saves the need for a Plummer.

As for 12v vs. 18v, most people at home don't need a 18v platform for Milwaukee, DeWalt, Makita, etc.. 18v Ryobi, Kobalt, Craftsman would be fine. The reason is size and weight. Milwaukee's 12V Fuel (Brushless) line rivals many 18V (non-Brushless) in power. 18v, 20v, 24v Brushless line will outperform a 12v Brushless platform, but 12v has size and weight advantage. If you do go 12v, make sure there are Brushless tools in the line. The Hackzall Fuel version is great, but Im using the non-brushless Ratchet for automotive is great from me because it is smaller than the Fuel (brushless) version.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwauk...-in-Impact-Wrench-Tool-Only-2554-20/304834780

I have this, at it outperforms MANY 18v tools....plus it size gets it into tight spaces.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

9. Buck Turgidson

These are all excellent points.

10. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I used the Auger last night...lol. If you have women with LONG hair, it is a must. Wife always clogs the shower drain......at some point.

11. Buck Turgidson

Gotcha. I have screens in my drains, when it looks like there's a bunch of hair in there (I'm guilty of this as well, I have shaggy curly ****) you take the chingasa out and either walk over to the window or walk over to the trash can. This also prevents the losing of diamond earrings and such when she forgets to take them out and they fall out when she's washing her hair. Saved me twice so far.

12. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Great pressure washer for around the home.

14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I just realized the Makita sub compact in that video was an 18v Brushless. The m12 fuel Stubby is just that power. Milwaukee's 12V Fuel line is Great. It can beat many 18v Brushless tools from competitors.