1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Graphic: Death shown] I found a genuine reason for armed protests.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by fchowd0311, May 26, 2020.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

They kept composure when not knocking him upside the head when not originally complying and giving his soliloquy. I mean seriously, how long did they let him ramble.

Sometimes I think some of you people have never seen someone who would not comply to an officer's request. I didn't see anything out of the ordinary and regardless they don't have time for that nonsense.

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@rocketsjudoka

I'm very adamant about the Garner story because I don't want young black males thinki ts alright to do what he did.

There was a grand jury on the incident. It had fifty witness. They didn't bring a trial and the only thing in question was the technique, not whether or not something needed to be done.

Edit: Garner in the brief of view him seemed non violent and pretty cool. The soliloquy gets on my nerves but he genuinely thinks they are harassing him. It's sad.

That being said if something can be gained it's a lesson on health. Dude's obese smokes regardless of having asthma

#362 pgabriel, May 28, 2020
    Last edited: May 28, 2020
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

And I don't want people who are considered proffesional deescalators to think it's acceptable to take down someone to the ground in a chokehold after 3 seconds of hand waving over a non violent trivial dispute.

AleksandarN likes this.
  4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You can't do that while being cuffed
    Period

5. fchowd0311

Cool just like I can't speed 5 over period but I don't get choked down for it.

It's very simple. If you are considered a professionally trained deescalator as law enforcement personnel claim to be, I expect you to handle a 3 second hand wave in protest to being arrested with a better more reasonable action than immediately doing a take down move.

Use words. Use words to calm the individual. If it's a very trivial non violent thing, then just talk to the god damn person in a respectful manner that shows that you know the person you are speaking to is a human with dignity. Do that first before you take down someone for loose cigs

#365 fchowd0311, May 28, 2020
  6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What they did was worse than hit him upside the head. Again there is a reason why the technique LEO did was banned yet he still did it on a nonviolent suspect..

7. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

You do also know that Floyd was cuffed too?

8. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

And I'm very adamant about the Garner case because I actually know what the technique that LEO Panteleo did, know how it works, have used it in competition (someone definitely resisting), had it done for me and taught people who became LEO.

Whether Garner was right or wrong doesn't excuse what Panteleo did. Two wrongs can't make a right and frankly we wouldn't be in the situation we are in now if Panteleo had been held accountable.

Rocket River likes this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Floyd was a personal friend of Stephen Jackson...he says Floyd’s oldest daughter (she’s 6) doesn’t even know yet...she will one day view that video and see her father begging for his life as the cop murders him in broad daylight and his accomplices stand there doing nothing

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Do you see me defending what happened to Floyd

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Why is it being taught to them?

Edit: he couldn't handle physical excursion he brought upon himself. Any technique could have killed jim

#371 pgabriel, May 28, 2020
  12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Regardless of how light his offense was he was already arrested in the same spot for it and did time for it which only exacerbates his stupidity. You're not going to jail for speeding

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

14. fchowd0311

And you shouldn't be cuffed for selling loose cigs. My point is you are not criticizing the trained professional force for not being professional.

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Its illegal bro he knew it and they gave him PLENTY time even let him give a Shakespearean soliloquy

I

16. fchowd0311

they give him three second of hand waving before the cop decided to do a take down move for a non-violet incident that was not threatening other people's safety.

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

you can't do that

Not arguing this dumb ****. You put yourself in a situation to be arrested be a man

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Then why the **** are you in here bringing up Garner?

Do you always need this much attention, give it a rest.

AleksandarN likes this.
  19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I said the media compared him to Garner. I heard Strahan say it on Good Morning America he was mentioned here before I posted stop dick riding me

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So just because you heard something from the media you had to come in here and refute it?

How exactly do you see that as making sense?

So you admit that you came in this thread spoiling for an argument that had nothing to do with this thread?

Or do you think Strahan post here?

AleksandarN likes this.