1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Graphic: Death shown] I found a genuine reason for armed protests.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by fchowd0311, May 26, 2020.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Its perception of reality. Police killings are rare. They get heavy media coverage. Police kill more whites annually.

Its perception of reality. When you're poor it looks like we have made no progress. When you're a second generation college graduate you stop b****ing about no progress

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

There are significanltly more white people in this country. If you actually properly weight the data with population and black people are disproportionately killed at higher rates.

Also, another fallacy in your argument is you keep pretending "murdered by cop" is the only way black people experience racism. A lady called 911 on a Harvard graduate saying a African American man is threatening his life when he obviously wasn't just out of pure spite to scare the man. It's obviously a sentiment expressed by many ordinary white people we encounter daily. If you walked by that white lady on any other day, you would assume she isn't racist. She looks proffesional and educated. But there she is calling 911 on a black man just because he said that park policy says dogs need to be on a leash.

Also, yes being poor is an inherent disadvantage. Does our justice system disproportionately help wealthy people over the poor? Yup. The problem with your argument is the reason why Black America is so disproportionately poor to white America is because of the previous 400 years. The previous 400 years is what delt the cards. I'm sorry causality exists.

3. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

A cop called 911?

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

6. likestohypeguy

So if looters tried to get in there anyway, those guys would/could shoot them, or what would be the legal consequences of that in Minn? Because it's not even their shop, if they're just operating as amateur unlicensed(?) security on someone else's property... Idk that they're on solid legal ground there.

I mean all that needs to happen is to have the four cops arrested, then the protests will stop. You can adjust the charges later, if that's what they're trying to figure out, what the hold up is.

jiggyfly likes this.
  7. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Exactly. It would take all of us. The race hustlers, vote panderers need to stay the hell away from us when we’re trying to solve this morality issue that can only be solved by our ordinary citizens.

8. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

He shouldn't be the only charged with murder. The other 3 cops who were just standing there should also be charged with a concept similar to felony murder -- as if they did the felonious act themselves.

You and I might not have a duty to act if we observe wrongdoings, but I'm pretty sure cops do. In this case, the 3 other cops just stood there, while their fellow police officer was slowly playing the role of executioner.

9. likestohypeguy

Accessory to murder.

And not just standing by- restraining the victim while he's being choked, and holding off would-be rescuers.

10. cml750

cml750 Member

Yes the other cops should also face justice. I do not see how they could be charged with murder. Accessory to murder may be borderline. They definitely need some sort of charge that will stick. Going for murder or accessory to murder could possibly see them exonerated in court while a lesser charge would likely result in a conviction. Unless the prosecutor is 100% sure they can get them on accessory to murder then they should go for the lesser charge to ensure conviction. Regardless what happens in the courts they should lose their jobs.

AroundTheWorld and snowconeman22 like this.
  11. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I'd at least charge his homies with felony failure to stop and render aid.

Corrosion and edwardc like this.
  12. edwardc

edwardc Member

Truth has been spoken but let's call this what it this is no longer a protest it has turned into a riot at times.Looting and destroying thing isn't a protest.

AleksandarN likes this.
  13. edwardc

edwardc Member

Question if it was four other people that committed a crime would all of them be charged with murder even when they didn't pull the trigger or is this crime being looked at on a different level because they are former cops.A crime was committed and during said crime someone was killed accessory to murder or just murder should apply to all.

14. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

im not sure that they would fire . It’s likely intimidation factor . People start running from the stores when the police show up too . The looters/ protestors likely aren’t looking to have a violent confrontation... they are just trying to stir **** up .

who is gonna wanna loot the store regardless when you’ve got guys with assault rifles in hand ?

I’m sure most protestors / looters / angry people are unarmed .

I appreciate their mindset and hope that their guns can just be for show .

I don’t support the looting , I agree that the city needs to charge the officers ASAP , that’s the best way to calm things down .

From that perspective, I do believe the more out of hand things get the person in charge will have to arrest the officers . I don’t support the looting but I do think it puts more pressure on govt .

the more people are unruly and looting the more the city’s law enforcement has to respond , the more that happens the higher chance for ANOTHER victim on the receiving end of a police weapon .... which just fuels the fire higher .

likestohypeguy likes this.
  15. cml750

cml750 Member

I think you missed my point. I say the prosecutors should go for the highest charge for which they are 100% sure they will receive convictions. If that is accessory to murder and they are 100% sure they can get convictions then they should go for it. However the higher the charge the more chance they get a not guilty verdict. The other cops deserve to face some type of justice so prosecutors should not push the limit to the point they risk losing the case. Heck, I have no problem with the others being convicted of murder if the prosecutors believe they can win with that charge.

16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm just skimming this thread since last night but wanted to respond to this.

You can choke someone in less than a minute. From doing a sport where we do choke people if you can't get the choke on in less than 15 seconds it's not going to work. A good choke can pass someone out in less than 10 seconds. Sometimes it comes on so quickly that when people come to they don't even realize they've been choked out. Note these are chokes designed to cut off the blood supply as was the technique done on Eric Garner. These aren't techniques meant to ride someone down on and certainly not to put on for 5 minutes. ALso the people I'm doing it on are usually athletes in very good shape on a mat. I release them when they tap. That is far different to your average civilian who may not be in good shape, doing it on pavement and not releasing it when they express that they are in distress.

B-Bob and fchowd0311 like this.
  17. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I don't know if this has been brought up but there is a video of a man wearing what appears to be a black tactical jacket, a full on gas masks with a face shield coming from behind the dumpsters at the Autozone that burned. You can see through the mask that it is a white man. Shortly after that the store caught on fire. I'm seeing people say this man was either an LEO or a plant from a White Supremacist group who set fire to the store so the protesters will be blamed.

I will see if I can find the video again.

I'm not going to vouch for the authenticity of this video but am posting it as part of what's going on here.

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The medical examiner said Garner died from his asthma caused by the physical confrontation. That's obviously no a full defense of the officer but he wasn't choked to death

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/15/nyregion/eric-garner-death-daniel-pantaleo-chokehold.html

19. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

As I said it's far different doing these techniques on a civilian on the street than to an athlete on the mat..

In both these cases the civilian might've survived if the LEO didn't keep the technique on..

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Garner is resisting arrest at the point he is waving his hands. Do you agree?

If so what's a "nice" takedown maneuver?