1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HBO Max

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DaBeard, May 27, 2020.

1. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

It just came out today is it worth getting????

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I have....HBO GO? Free with my ATT mobile plan. I don't see a reason to pay for anything else.

What’s the Difference Between HBO GO, HBO NOW and HBO Max?

All of HBO is also available via HBO Max.
    HBO GO. HBO NOW. HBO Max. You have questions: Are they all the same? Do I need all three? We have answers. Read on to find out the differences.

HBO GO is a streaming service offered by HBO that is included free with your HBO subscription through a TV provider, and offers original content from HBO, including series, documentaries, specials and more, plus a large selection of movies. A cable or TV package that includes HBO is required.

HBO NOW is a standalone streaming service offered by HBO that does not require cable or satellite TV and offers original content from HBO, including series, documentaries, specials and more, plus a large selection of movies. Current HBO NOW subscribers (billed directly by HBO) will also get access to HBO Max at launch at no additional cost.

HBO Max is a platform offered by WarnerMedia that features 10,000 hours of premium content bundling all of HBO together with even more movies, shows and Max Originals for the whole family, including Friends, South Park, The Big Bang Theory, Wonder Woman, the Studio Ghibli collection and much more.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

I just don't get it. This is really testing people's instinct to just buy everything.

arkoe, conquistador#11 and BigShasta like this.
  4. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

I have HBO Max included for free with my ATT Internet 1000 but haven't been able to log in today. Typical launch day technical difficulties.

5. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Have it, but there is almost no new content with it. It has all studio ghibli movies, some crunchyroll shows, dc comic book movies, and lots of other stuff, but nothing new.

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I had an Xfinity that give access to cable apps. Never used Max Go, but disappointed it's gone from the app store.

Pretty much only used HBO for Thrones, Avenue 5 and Westworld. Kinda nice but Netflix and Prime are better at variety.

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yeah same except I've not yet tried to log in.

Sesame Street will be the big get for us. But, our streaming devices are all Roku or Fire, and HBO Max is still negotiating with them. So I will wait.

8. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Have Spectrum in Dallas, it's included with my HBO subscription. Not a ton of new content right now but there is a lot of stuff to keep you busy, depending what you like to watch.....

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

I was automatically upgraded to it...it’s the same price, so whatever

I don’t think this is anything that’s gonna change the game

10. CCorn

CCorn Member

I’m still trying to learn what peacock is

11. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Can you access this through directv? I dont watch much HBO but I have it free with my ATT cell service.

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Does it have His Dark Materials?

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I have HBO through my cable provider, Xfinity/Comcast. And they struck a deal with HBO at the last minute so I can now authenticate and get HBO Max as part of my original HBO subscription. So that is nice. My wife loves Dr Who and they have all of the seasons on there. They also have all of the Harry Potter movies if you like those. Basically all of the WarnerMedia catalog. And stuff like Friends and Big Bang Theory if you like those shows. I never watched them.

I also get "Peacock" free through Xfinity. It is basically NBC's streaming service and all of their back catalog of stuff.

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I see it being successful with what they have. And if they can pull out another hit show in the next 2-3 years that could provide them momentum. Netflix is all about volume but the quality overall is lacking the vast majority of the time.

jiggyfly likes this.
  15. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have too many streaming services now.

arkoe likes this.
  16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I have Netflix, Hulu, and Disney+

Im not getting anymore streaming services.

arkoe and Ubiquitin like this.
  17. Victorious

Victorious Member

What you got? I have Netflix, Amazon,H Disney+ and Fubotv (for livetv/rocket games)

I barely watch Hulu and Disney so I probably shouldn't get HBO max lol

At this point is cord cutting still cheaper than cable?

18. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Netflix, Hulu, Disney, Amazon, Apple TV+, and HBO. HBO is the only one I pay monthly for. Netflix was free via internet deal. I bought Hulu for two dollars a month during Black Friday, Disney+ for a three-year deal at like three bucks a month, and we use Amazon prime way too much. Apple TV+ is free as well.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Upcoming HBO Max show, Tokyo Vice, a series directed by Michael Mann, caught my interest. But Michael Mann seems to have really fallen off over years.

Aside from that, I've heard the picture quality on HBO Max is underwhelming-to-poor. Picture quality is important to me. Even Amazon has great PQ and lots of 4K HDR content.

tinman likes this.
  20. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Its a nice bonus as a subscriber to HBO already. I wouldn't pay extra for it.