1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

They terminated Karen

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, May 26, 2020.

1. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

I agree the stakes are way too high to act like this and falsely accuse a person just because he told her to put her dog on the leash. If there was no camera and she got away with her behavor what would have happened the next time?

RayRay10 and JayGoogle like this.
  2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I don’t get sanctimonious about people like this. My opinion ultimately means sh*t. But I can I least feel shame for the 3 cops that pushed the black guy into the concrete until he died?

thanks in advance

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

When a person's behavior in a 90-second clip recklessly and senselessly puts another person in danger, then yes, I do judge that person based on a 90 second clip.

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

God damn, at 54 seconds, her awful takedown of her own dog, crying in misery, just so she can keep making a bogus call to the police.

I mean... I'm honestly sorry her life is ruined over a short video -- I am -- but she was using terrible judgment top to bottom for those few minutes. She was definitely using race to try to exert power. All she needed to do was put her dog on a damned leash and get out of there.

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Asking someone to keep their dog on a leash isn’t being a jerk, you really have it backwards and she is clearly the jerk by initiating the confrontation with her behavior. It takes little effort to follow rules in consideration of others.

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What about Christian Cooper's life? She was willing to make a false accusation that could've likely led to his arrest on charges of attempted assault or attempted rape or possibly even worse.

She was fully prepared to ruin someone else just because she was annoyed.

mdrowe00, superfob, RayRay10 and 3 others like this.
  7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Man, what are the odds that the little video we have would end up being the absolute worst version of her.

jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

I don’t feel sorry at all for this Karen...she deserves everything she gets

if her life is now ruined, then oh well

falsely calling the cops claiming a scary black man is threatening her could lead to that man’s death, and she knows it...I love karma

10. Major

Major Member

Interesting that you think it's OK to do to public figures.

The stakes were that a cop could come out and see a black man as a "threat" to a white woman. What are the odds that doesn't end well?

jiggyfly and AleksandarN like this.
  11. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

You might have a point if she had done something like use * word or something but she tried to cause him actual harm. This would be like swatting someone. It actually would be more fitting if she was brought up on charges.

RayRay10, AleksandarN and Blatz like this.
  12. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

I'm on the record that I'm ok with her being fired and that what she did was ridiculously low and could have been potentially dangerous and scary, but I can also admit that what the man was doing was Karen behavior too. I personally wouldn't have said anything to the lady. Sure she should have had her dog leashed but man I can't stand hall monitors either. That was hall monitor behavior which is what Karen vids are all about. This was a Karen stand off lol.

jiggyfly likes this.
  13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

You don't let an innocuous black Karen tell you what to do.

That's why we got Trump!

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

I have no problem with his Karen behavior in this instance

people having their dog unleashed in areas where they’re not supposed to be is something that happens too often and needs to stop

some people are scared of dogs, and most dogs are not trained

I had an experience where someone had their dog unleashed in an area where it wasn’t allowed, and it ran up and attacked mine that was leashed from behind...I had to kick it like a football to get it off my dog, and my dog ended up needing surgery on her leg...I had to carry my dog to the car with her blood all over me

Why be that person who has their unleashed dog running around in an area designated for bird watchers disrupting what they’re doing when u can simply go somewhere else in the park where they allow your dog to be off leash?

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

She tried to have him killed
    At best arrested and have his life ruined
    f*ck karen and her familiars

Rocket River

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You have no problem ruining lives of people when they are minorities - i've seen you post videos of individuals acting foolishly when they are minorities

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

She is the VP of a company . . . .I wonder how the promotions and environment of that company is. . . esp to her direct reports
    who happen to be minorities. . .if any

If she is such a casual racist . . . .. I would suspect her work environment that she has control over would also be the same

Rocket River

RayRay10, Nook, B-Bob and 1 other person like this.
  18. Buck Turgidson

Apparently we're ghouls.

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

There is always a double standard
    He didn't mind that she was attempting to ruin this guy's life.
    No video . . .the Cops Come and then what happens?
    Most likely they believe her and he gets arrested. Potentially losing his job while he waits maybe a day to get bailed out
    Worse case. . they shoot and kill him

These are seen as ok results. .. but KAren losing her job is CRAZY AND OUTRAGEOUS

Rocket River

20. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

I don't have a dog and haven't since I was young, so I guess I'm talking out of place.

jiggyfly likes this.