1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Am I the only one rolling my eyes at the MJ documentary?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by what, May 23, 2020.

1. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

The Jordan nuthugging it getting seriously old.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  2. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

3. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

cant stand this guy. **** the Utah Jazz.

4. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Y’all a bunch of haters wasting a good 10 hours of great entertainment

Duke Fan and arabrocket like this.
  5. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

The bulls playing making would be massive and unstoppable whenever they get back to back offensive rebounding buckets followed by a steal. Then Jordan doing his thing.

6. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

No.

But for sure reading this.

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Quite possibly the most insightful What post ever.

It's not that Jordan isn't phenomenal. It's that the relentless focus on him (and especially Lebron) overshadows a ton of guys who are on their level. There's always been a cult of personality around him and Lebron to try and deify them. Tons of players have a relentless work ethic. And tons of phenomenal players will be forgotten by history because they played in B-rate cities or didn't have the right merchandising deal.

Rings are a product of 30% personal greatness, 30% teamwork, 30% matchups, and 10% luck.
    Adam Morrison and Kevin Durant fall in a faint.

8. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

The documentary was great. If were alive or old enough to witness 90's basketball, you'd appreciate it more. Was it MJ biased? Yes. Was it MJ dick riding? Yes. But his Bulls teams are the reason the NBA is now a global game.

Kind of like McGwire and Sosa roiding it up in the 90s. They were dicks but put baseball back on the map.

rocketseagles07 likes this.
  9. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Malone and his lady Stockton can kiss the hairiest part of my ass.

Duke Fan and Caesar like this.
  10. Jontro

Jontro Member

pics or it didn't happen.

AstrosRockets1818 likes this.
  11. rocketseagles07

It’s beyond hilarious watching clutch fans complaint about the lack of objectivity when it’s comes to harden/the rockets/etc.... while turning around and showing no objectivity towards Lebron James and MJ.

12. pippsux

pippsux Member

First let me say I enjoyed last dance, but yes, it was a total puff piece. Hakeem doesn't get enough credit for dragging a bunch of good role players to 2 titles. Then when they were cooking, he let them shine and did not thump his chest and make it about him. MJ's the goat but if I was starting a pickup game, or drafting a player, I still take dream all day and twice on Sunday.

jcf likes this.
  13. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Wow, I've never met anyone who hated BOTH LeBron AND Jordan. That's some salt right there, folks.

... That said, I do think it's kind of silly how high of a pedestal people put Jordan on.

AstrosRockets1818 likes this.
  14. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Don't look, but I think you're surrounded by thousands of them.

15. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

No I'm not rolling my eyes..

He is one of the best players of all time. On both sides of the ball.

If he was a Rocket you wouldn't be rolling your eyes. You'd be jizzing all over that documentary

Duke Fan likes this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

Michael Jordan is the best basketball player to ever live.

17. what

what Member

I watched Sampson's miracle shot on tape delay, in my room, which is how you saw basketball in those days.
    But I was never a Jordan fan, and didn't care about his slam dunks. In fact for many many years after he was in the league for many years, I just thought he was a really good player, but nothing more.
    The mystique over Jordan took a long while to manifest outside of Chicago or maybe Detroit.

18. Caesar

Caesar Member

What are yall complaining about? It's Michael Jordan. The most popular world wide athlete of all time. Literally was like Michael Jackson level of rockstar wherever he went for kids and adults, for any race, or gender. This man who now rarely gives interviews and didn't want the documentary made until he saw Iverson's doc 3 times and cried during it- he's now just some ego maniac who wanted a puff piece?
    Of course it was going to mostly focus on him. This documentary could have been made in 1999 and any year past it. So if it was ever released, it was always going to be just a puff piece? So never release the never before seen footage? Just because you don't want a puff piece documentary?

What does Hakeem carrying the Rockets have anything to do with it? You really think the world was going to sit down and watch a 10 hour documentary on Hakeem instead of MJ? You really think this documentary wouldn't mostly foucs on Hakeem and not Chili Pete? Hakeem himself thinks MJ is the GOAT of GOATs. They both have endless respect for each other.

If you hate that MJ can't do no wrong, yall haters are the complete opposite of MJ can't do no right.

[​IMG]

Duke Fan and AstrosRockets1818 like this.
  19. Enemysquad

Enemysquad Member

Didn’t Malone rape a 13 year old when he was in college? Yeah **** that guy and Stockton.

20. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

Exactly, in addition, Cooper was one of the few guards who ever won DPOY, Scott was a consistent 15+ ppg scorer. The 80s Lakers was one of the most stacked team in the history, and was unparalleled in the 80s in terms of total talent (the Fo Fo Fo 76ers was the only team that was close, and they swept the Lakers in the final).

On top of these, the 80s West was one of the weakest conference in the history, weaker than Lebron's east. Basically there was None true competition before the Final for the Lakers for the entire decade, we can see that from their conference final opponent:
    • 1982: 48 wins
    • 1983: 53 wins
    • 1984: 41 wins
    • 1985: 52 wins
    • 1986: 51 wins
    • 1987: 39 wins
    • 1988: 53 wins
    • 1989: 55 wins
    Yet they choked miserably several times: they lost to team that had 13, 11 and 9 less regular season wins in the playoffs. Jordan never lose a series when they have better regular season records.

Duke Fan likes this.