1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020 Presidential Election

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 26, 2020.

1. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Biden only has one job and one stance right now... BEAT TRUMP!!!

I was told long time ago... "if you put a snake in a hole he will end up biting himself" This is the exact equivalent of Trump...

All Biden has to do right now is just keep re-playing all of Trump's BS and lies....

T_Man

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Picking a VP candidate isn't easy and shouldn't be rushed. Clinton wiffed on that picking Tim Kaine and just showed how arrogant she was. The Biden campaign is vetting people and building suspense. He's keeping people interested which is a far more effective strategy than if without any lead up just announced he was picking Kamla Harris for example.

Biden is a gaffe machine and it's one reason why he's always bugged me and wasn't my first, second or third choice. They are definitely a drag but again he's running against Captain Covfefe so I'm not sure they will sink him.

RayRay10 and fchowd0311 like this.
  3. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Biden didn't promise a black woman VP. He promised a black woman USSC Justice. As I was mentioning to Fchowd in another thread that is probably more important than VP and could shape the country for decades to come.

For a people who claim to know politics I continue to find it surprising how often people downplay the importance of the USSC.

Also what is wrong with normalcy? I think a lot of people would prefer that over whatever we have now.

Regarding he ACA polling has shown it's gotten more popular since it was implemented that you're downplaying that and the other proposals is your own view that they aren't issues that resonate with you. That's your prerogative but certainly shows that Biden is doing something.

RayRay10, TheFreak and Nook like this.
  4. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I bet @Os Trigonum will jump on this

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He means a real justice, one that isn't a total partisan hack like Thomas.

RayRay10 and the11mingdynasty like this.
  7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

To be quite honest - He should be picking the best person for the job regardless of color.

Picking someone based upon race is discriminatory from the word go and dismisses any real qualifications.

8. Nook

Nook Member

Trump picked Mike Pence because of his faith and bland personality. Obama choose Biden because he was white and had a long track record. Reagan choose G. Bush because he had established government experience.

The vast majority of VP selections haven’t been the most qualified person, but whoever fills a weakness of the major party candidate.

Hilary Clinton choose who she personally felt was the best or most qualified and it hurt her.

Biden choosing a woman is no different than Trump insisting on a genuine evangelical VP candidate.

9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

spoiledbrat-in-chief is threatening the people of north carolina because the governor is more concerned about the lives of citizens (especially on the day the US marks 100,000 COVID-19 deaths) than trump having his convention there... the citizens should respond with "Bye Felicia", they can better use their 15 EVs elsewhere...

Trump threatens to pull Republican convention out of North Carolina
    He demands a guarantee the convention will be allowed to go on as planned.
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/25/trump-republican-convention-north-carolina-278779

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. NewRoxFan

11. NewRoxFan

pence, carrying trump's water, repeats the threat against North Carolina (in case anyone had any delusion that pence was the reasonable one)...

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. NewRoxFan

13. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Well great. Add deer to the list of things to worry about.

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

15. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You want to point out the posters who think this or are you just making **** up?

Name 5 posters on here who think this?

That's FC as condescending as ever.

18. NewRoxFan

trump will lie, about everything, all the time...

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You're right Biden promised a woman not a black woman. If he was smart he choose a black woman for the base of support. Standing by black people has always been Biden's only strength and the only thing that has worked for him politically.

I don't claim to know anything about politics these are just my opinions.

Nobody is downplaying the importance of the USSC. The USSC has always been important, but only the republicans flock to the polls for that reason alone because republicans are better at politics and messaging than democrats.

That IDEA of normalcy wasn't working for a lot of the black Americans who stayed home in 2016 and is the reason why Trump is president now.

People wanting the Public Option is what's popular regarding the ACA. M4A is the public option for everyone.

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I said Black Americans and minorities are the base support for the Democratic party and Biden and the Democrats should stop taking their vote for granted; stop trying to cater to white voters and do more for their base of support and you think that is a right wing talking point?

can you explain that a little more for me?