1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo-NBC Sports]Charles Barkley: I wouldn’t count ring if I won with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by plutoblue11, May 22, 2020.

1. Garner

Garner Member

Chuck would feel differently if he had a ring, i would imagine. by taking this position, he is neutralizing the accomplishments of others and closing the gap of the haves and have nots.

2. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Who?

3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Teams with Barkley don’t win rings.

Was never really close to becoming an issue.

4. fattz

fattz Member

Does Barkley become a top all time greatest player IF he had a championship ring?

5. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

He is a top all time great player. Easily top 25-30. A championship doesn’t move the needle past guys already ahead of him. I mean he’s clearly better than someone like Scottie Pippen who has 6.

D-rock and fattz like this.
  6. fattz

fattz Member

Just wondering on other’s thoughts because less the ring...
    I too think he should be in the upper tier of all time players. If he had the ring does he move up into say the top 15ish? Karl Malone and John Stockton, too.

7. alethios

alethios Member

Classic sour grapes whine from Barkley. If he had won the ring with Houston, he would have no problem flaunting it.