1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As we start to "re-open"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ThatBoyNick, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Major

Major Member

I don't see anything in that tweet forcing anyone to take a test. Can you read English?

Andre0087, jiggyfly and wizkid83 like this.
  2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

the threat is implied

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The virus is thought to have an 11 day incubation. Just think that should be taken into consideration in assessing in results since opening

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

he didn’t say “please”! The GOP, as led by king 45, is so much more civil than that tweet.

R0ckets03, Andre0087 and RayRay10 like this.
  5. Major

Major Member

Except, you know, that it's not.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Has a medical condition so she cannot wear a mask but wants to shop anyway without some protection.

Seems legit.

I like how homeboy started dancing while cleaning, early MJ will do that to you.:D

Kudos to the manager and the employee that handled that very well.

R0ckets03 and RayRay10 like this.
  8. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

These non mask wearing assholes remind me so much of those other assholes we know as sovereign citizens.

jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I also love how these dunce-caps post these videos themselves, thinking they are going to have people rushing to their defense. Please explain to me how shopping at Gelson's maskless (a private business BTW) was a Constitutional right, Karen. I'm listening.

B-Bob, jiggyfly and R0ckets03 like this.
  10. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

From the mojomein bookshelf...
    [​IMG]

NewRoxFan, jiggyfly, Ziggy and 2 others like this.
  11. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Went to the gym today. There were only about 10% of people wearing a mask. None of which included the boomer population. We’re going to fail this re-opening because too many people are too stupid to follow simple and basic rule.

12. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Let me get this straight. We are going to fail because only 10% of the people are wearing masks at a place that is one of the least non essential businesses ... and it is one of the most cross contaminated places a person can visit? Yet YOU are the one who went?

Personally, I am not overly concerned about the virus. But the gym is one place I will not be visiting. I would feel safer in a stadium or subway.

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

It just struck me that this Karen would also be the 1st person to complain about businesses having to serve gay people or baking a cake or hosting a gay marriage.

The irony being that it's hypocritical for both sides.

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I went to one of my TWO gyms at least 4 times a week, if not 5 and sometimes 6 pre-Covid. Definitely not going back anytime soon.

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

hadn’t been to HEB in about 2 weeks, and it seems like they’ve relaxed their policies

before, u could only enter from 1 side of the store, and exit from the other side...now u can enter and exit wherever u want

they used to have employees disinfecting carts that they would give to customers as u were entering...that was gone too

I’d say about 80% of people were wearing masks when I was there 2 weeks ago...yesterday, it was probably under 50%

jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

yeah, a gym is 1 of the last places I’ll be going to

I’m able to workout fine from home, and I doubt basketball courts will be open until there’s a vaccine

not surprised barely anyone was wearing a mask in the gym

Who wants to workout with a mask on?

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. B-Bob

I think he just meant we're going to fail b/c people in general don't have the attention span or patience to really reduce the spread. It all just depends on what "fail" means. To some us, "fail" is already happening b/c we've had more death than this country had to endure and we've had to wreck our economy b/c we collectively let the outbreak unfold in chaos instead of a pre-planned, sensible response. To others "fail" only means if the pandemic keeps certain political goals from happening.

In terms of re-opening, we could really succeed. Here's a great read on how that could work. (But I'm afraid I agree with poster saying it won't work. Most people do not have the training and thoughtfulness of the medical workers described at this Boston hospital.) Cheers.

How to Re-open according to Atul Gawande (New Yorker, the magazine, not the poster LOL) He's got the Ro wrong though. It's probably between 5 and 6, not 2 and 3.

ElPigto, Rashmon and RayRay10 like this.
  18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I was in Austin Saturday, delivering groceries to my daughter who is high risk and as such is under strict self quarantine. I was surprised how many more people are seriously following safe distancing and masks at grocery stores in Austin. Here in Montgomery county I'd say half or even less are wearing masks in the stores. There, virtually everyone was.

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. B-Bob

No bueno.

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

That is the whole issue with this nonsense. There are no goal posts. Everyone is going around criticizing everyone else for doing something wrong when they are just as guilty. Outside of businesses forcing employees to return to work, nobody is forcing anyone to go to the gym or resume the frequent trips to the grocery store or going out to dine. The risk is on me for myself to return back to normalcy, not because someone else is not following social protocols. We didnt need COVID19 to expose how dirty people are in general. And from the looks of it, nothing is going to change after this.