1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Jordan/Bulls Documentary] 'The Last Dance'

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 16, 2020.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BHannes2BHonest, BigBum and Tfor3 like this.
  2. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

He cared a lot because he had like 10 siblings and a mom to support back in Arkansas. Plus the guy didn't have that endorsement money at the time Jordan did. He took the long term security with that atrocious contract rather than betting on himself (e.g. adding risk of injury). Can't blame the guy due to his circumstance but he shouldn't have held a grudge against the Bulls' front office, especially if Jerry Reinsdorf told him not to sign that contract.

4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Where can I find the first couple episodes?

Thx

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  5. Jontro

Jontro Member

sent you a message in your dm. better hurry tho i dunno how long it'll hold up

6. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

I watch all 8. Need and waiting for the last two. I thought they weren’t going to brought in the conspiracies and gambling but next couple episodes get into all that. The doc has been pretty good.

daywalker02 likes this.
  7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Jordan's salary that year was a "thank you" basically for building that city and franchise. During the first 3-peat, I think he earned less than $10 million (that's over 3 years). He was making money through endorsements, so he probably cared less. Scottie had the personality of a dead squid, so ... yeah... he wasn't going to be making a ton of money through his charm, I guess. In a sense, it was Scottie's own fault he signed the long-term contract for chump change.

RocketRed84 and daywalker02 like this.
  8. BigBum

BigBum Member

Rodman has the best life. His wife Madonna is very sexy and beautiful, and Madonna is more popular than Michael Jordan. Madonna flew to Italy to have a night with Rodman.

Rodman another wife Carmen is also very sex and beautiful.

9. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

thx

I used my X1 voice remote to find 'last dance, season 1' they're all there free from ESPN/xfinity on demand'

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

why did jerry krause want to get rid of phil jackson so bad? couldn't be just because he wanted a rebuild can it? did phil sleep with krause's mum?

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Putting my feelings for the Rockets aside.....I'm really enjoying this doc.

Always been a huge fan of 80's/90's NBA. Back when teams actually had different identities and the NBA wasn't just a 3-point shooting competition.

Can't remember which episode they talked about Jordan being drafted, but I liked how no one questioned taking Akeem at #1. Even the Bulls owner said he would have taken him. How great is Hakeem that no one questions him being taken before the greatest player of all time?

I am a Donut and Jontro like this.
  13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

So Isiah says Jordan didn't 3-peat during Magic, Bird, Dr J era...

Now SAS and the media are mad for Isiah stating FACTS.

Jordan was a great player but it is amazing to me that people will openly deny FACTS about him. That he didn't beat those teams in their primes, that's just a fact. He didn't really get a chance to but that doesn't matter, he didn't beat them. We can't pretend that he would have. That's just imagination.

I'm tired of Jordan getting credit for teams he DID NOT beat. He did not beat Magic's Lakers in their prime, he did not beat Bird's Celtics in their prime, he DID NOT beat Hakeem's Rockets in their prime as @tinman will explain to everyone here if they need learning...

He's still like a top 5 all time player but we should not just give him victories he never earned.

tinman likes this.
  14. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Lakers went from Kareem Abdul-Jabbar to... another HOFer... Vlade Divac.

...wait, Vlade is a Hall of Famer!?

JayGoogle likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So what, the Lakers and Celtics just amassed Allstar after Allstar, this is not only like Monopoly the game, actually monopoly.

Do you think the Lakers or Celtics cared about who they won against were in their primes? Talking about fed with a golden spoon.

The Bulls were mediocre at best in the 80s and 70s..

#155 daywalker02, Apr 29, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
  16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

And this is a great point.

Would Jordan's Bulls have beaten the Lakers if Kareem was in his prime? Jordan's Bulls had issues with great Centers, evident that he got smacked around by Hakeem in his prime and young Shaq, that's just the facts. Jordan isn't Thanos, he was a wing, so he could do nothing about post play in an era where bigs were allowed to bang and throw their weight around.

And the fact that people say "Well, That wasn't the best version of Jordan's Bulls..." THATS EXACTLY THE POINT.

It's unfair to greats like Kareem, Bird, to just say that Jordan would beat their teams at their best any way because he's Jordan. We seriously do not know that.

lnchan likes this.
  17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Jordan's Bull's teams were stacked too when they won titles. I don't think you win a championship without being stacked.

Having Pippen and Jordan would be like having Curry and Durant or Lebron and Wade. No, they weren't in their primes when those teams were, but it's silly to just assume he'd beat those teams just because he was Jordan. It's just so disrespectful that the media imagines Jordan would beat any historical team ever.

francis 4 prez likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We're fans, we can even argue that Jordan isn't GOAT to Lebron.

Thing is players knew better, they are experts.

I was born around that era so I feel honored to have watched the end of the Showtime Lakeshow, the prime of Jordan, the extended prime of Olajuwon and the end of the 90s.

So both Magic and Larry Bird explicitly said Jordan was the GOAT, had a switch they didn't have when needed with back against the wall.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

There is a huge difference between saying Jordan is the GOAT and Jordan's team is the GOAT though. A huge difference. You won't ever hear Magic say "Yeah, Jordan's Bulls would have smacked us around, Kareem would have had nothing on him."

Also, all these guys ALWAYS put on a humble face and say someone is better than they were, not even Jordan goes out saying "I'm the best to ever do it, clearly."

But no one makes excuses for Magic and Bird like they do Jordan. He played them PAST their primes and he played their teams past their primes too. That's just a fact, and Isiah Thomas is also an expert then too and Lambeer and every other player that has opinions on this debate.

I just wonder why the excuses for Jordan don't exist for other all-time greats. That he was 'young' or 'rusty' or didn't have a good team or etc etc...only seem to be excuses made for him.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Oh yeah, I didn't say Jordan’s teams were all GOATs but the one that won 72 had to be close.

I have to look at Horace Grant numbers because I do not recall MJ having an elite big on Offense if you call Scottie a bigger guard and tweener type.... Maybe I am not good at memorizing.

No doubt you can make the same arguments for everyone but hardware and MVP titles still tell the story.

And the fact that he revolutionized a market that hasn't won it all before.

I think the fact that he was relentless and physically and mentally sound like no other guy, makes him more than a candidate for that throne.

And people forget that he was pretty okay at baseball too, at least not too terrible.

#160 daywalker02, Apr 29, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2020