1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans releasing Tashaun Gipson

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Apr 27, 2020.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Eric Reid!!!! Eric Reid!!!!

Rudyc281, conquistador#11 and sammy like this.
  2. raining threes

Well, this year the kept Roby,Mercilus/Dunn/Blackson. JoJo always signed on, McKinney,Fells, even Nuk reupped etc... Other than Reader who have they lost in FA that you think they should've kept?

Dubious likes this.
  3. raining threes

Brown was an owners decision. J.D. wasn't a top 5 pass rusher and has never even had double digit sacks in a season. I'm glad the Texans got a 3rd for him when they did. Look at Seattle now, because J.D. hasn't signed in FA they aren't even going to get a comp pick for him. There's a reason J.D. still hasn't signed a FA deal.

Nuk we've discussed that trade far to much.

4. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Honey Badger.
    Buoye.

5. Buck Turgidson

Brooks, Jones

6. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I think buoye would have signed with the texans if they gave him the same money which they were not gonna do bc they had jjo, Kareem and Kevin Johnson (still a mistake) badger also took a big deal

7. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I think his point is besides getting paid more money from another team how many players have left texans when they were offering same money as the other team.

BossHogg713 likes this.
  8. ballgame

ballgame Member

Obi Melifonwu!! 6'4, 220 lbs, ran a 4.4 40-time, and covered well. I loved this dude coming out of college but he's been hurt, and fell out of favor in Oak and NE. I think he's at least worth a shot in Camp.

9. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Too many baby mommas, Brian.

TEXNIFICENT and Nook like this.
  10. bj83gc

bj83gc Member

I'm just throwing this out there, but OB could change the narrative quick on him if he could bring in Eric Berry. If we signed berry to a team friendly 2-3 year deal the secondary would have a completely different look. BOB had a decent draft and a big signing at a position of need would help cover up some of his stupid ass moves he's made. Mcclain said yesterday they are talking to a veteran safety, but said it's very unlikely its Eric Reid. What other veteran safeties are out there? Bring in Eric Berry!

11. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Isn't Berry washed from all the major injuries ?

12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

McKinney and a 3rd for Jamal Adams, make it happen

13. bj83gc

bj83gc Member

His health is questionable, but supposedly he took off last season to get completely healthy. He had cancer which he overcame and then had the knee injury. When he's on the field he is one of the absolute best. His agent claims hes ready to plan and will play in 2020. If he's been training and legit preparing then i would love to take a flier on him. Not really much out there besides Eric Reid, and it's hard to believe they will bring him in with all the kneeling baggage. I would love Eric Reid as well though.

Fulgore likes this.
  14. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

BoB isn’t bringing in Eric Reid. He’ll probably bring in some scrub who is going to suck it up bad. Justin is gonna say something, get in BoB’s doghouse and get traded for a 2022 4th rounder.

In seriousness though, don’t think Eric was good last season.

15. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2020/03/15/eric-berry-reportedly-multiple-suitors-beyond-colts/
    https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...eback-minded-chiefs-all-pro-safety-eric-berry

Looks like a few teams including the Colts and Cowboys are checking into Berry. If Berry could pass a physical and is hungry, I'd love to have him back their with Reid. They could possibly be the best safety duo in the league next year--that would be exciting.

16. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

I mean, I'd imagine the 22 milli annually (and high guarantee) helps his view of BoB. Especially since Tunsil was the one putting it in BoB's butt.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  17. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder if there’s thought to have Lonnie play safety ( I think that’s his better position )

Roby, Conley, Hargreaves, Reid with Crossen/Gaines as 5th cb

Reid and Johnson as starting safeties and Murray as main backup?

conquistador#11 likes this.
  18. conquistador#11

. There is an appropriate pg13 hangout forum for this type of stuff.

[​IMG]

TheFreak, DonkeyMagic and csj like this.
  19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

This whole meme needs to die.

Even players who hate their coach's guts are going to speak glowingly of them when pressed on camera.

Notice how Hopkins let loose on BOB only after he was traded, and even then, he distanced himself from his own comments immediately?

That is why you shouldn't pay any bit of attention to this stuff. The truth only comes out after the fact, and even then it's rare.

red5rocket, YOLO and conquistador#11 like this.
  20. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Truth is a subjective term in this forum