1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As we start to "re-open"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ThatBoyNick, Apr 24, 2020.

1. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Thank you. Welcome to the side of logic and reason, not emotion and fear.

More and more people are analyzing the data and realizing that we have massively overreacted here. Government's policies have financially ruined families, destroyed businesses, and stripped away civil liberties. Blue state governors locking down their people are about to become REALLY unpopular.

cml750 and Astrodome like this.
  2. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Remember, the reason we were on lockdown was to keep the hospitals from running out of capacity. We've done that. In fact, I've seen way more Tik Tok videos of bored medical personnel than overcrowded hospitals. It's been the opposite - far too much capacity.

The objective was never to lockdown until there were no more new cases. That's a totally absurd overreaction. Lockdown the elderly, obese, diabetics, and those with respiratory problems. Free the rest - this lockdown has gone on for too long in Texas.

AroundTheWorld and Astrodome like this.
  3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

What side is that? What were you expecting before? And what are you now expecting?

Not sure who's trader.. but in my book...

Nothing much has changed since Feb. We learned a bit more but not much. We still don't have a good idea on fatality rate. We still don't have a good idea of how many have been infected. We still don't know how much immunity people will have after infection. We still do not have any good treatment. We still are months away from a vaccine.

All we know is... We have a moderate lockdown and we have 50k death and counting. 0 to 50k in a 2M period.

RayRay10 and ThatBoyNick like this.
  4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

What about red state governors?

5. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Lol facts dont matter.
    Thats the point its called trolling

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

That is correct. It was due to there not being enough ventilators to go around if a large percentage of people got sick at once. However, what do you think about the report that 80% of those that went on ventilators in New York died?

I still think it's dangerous to open things up now. We are flying blind until we get accurate antibody tests to the majority of people. This testing is nowhere near ready in large part due to the incompetence of the Trump administration.

I really hope it works out, though.

Corrosion, RayRay10 and No Worries like this.
  7. bigtexxx

Most of the people who died were obese, old people with a host of pre-existing conditions. Remember, just because they are recorded as a coronavirus death doesn't mean they died from the virus. They simply had it when they died. Hospitals are incentivized to report them as a CV death for $$$. Deaths are likely way over reported.

Bottom line is there is an abundance of hospital capacity. They're furloughing staff.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

9. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

LOL sarcastic facts perhaps-

https://www.statesman.com/news/2020...d-more-to-list-patients-as-having-coronavirus

"
    An article shared on Facebook questions whether the count of COVID-19 patients is inflated, saying hospitals have a financial incentive to claim that a patient has the virus.

“Hospitals get paid more to list patients as COVID-19 — 3 times as much if put on ventilator,” the story’s headline states.

The article was posted on WorldNetDaily, a conservative news website. It was produced by The Spectator, which describes itself as a conservative publication. The Spectator reported on comments made by Dr. Scott Jensen, a Minnesota physician and Republican state senator, in an interview with Fox News host Laura Ingraham.

The article was flagged as part of Facebook’s efforts to combat false news and misinformation on its News Feed.
    "
    LOL CMON SON
    HASHTAG DONT BREATHE ON ME
    HASHTAG STAY THE F**CK BACK YOU SUPER SPREADER TRASH

RayRay10 and B-Bob like this.
  10. Carl Herrera

https://www.cbs17.com/community/hea...leader-says-she-tested-positive-for-covid-19/

Smith said Whitlock believed she had the virus in January and contacted the Mecklenburg County Health Department. In the beginning of April, Whitlock was administered an antibody test, as well as the COVID-19 test. According to Smith, Whitlock’s antibody test came back negative, but she tested positive for the virus.

Whitlock wrote she was “imprisoned” in her home and being “forced” to quarantine violated her First Amendment rights.

In Whitlock’s post, she wrote about how the restrictions put in place amid the COVID-19 pandemic are violating her First Amendment rights as well as her 5th and 14th Amendment rights.

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

"Isn't as deadly" on same day as passing vietnam in deaths. Seriously cant make this up.

the chromosome that permits shame is broken

12. Carl Herrera

Maybe it was hit by a very powerful UV light in his childhood.

RayRay10, No Worries and B-Bob like this.
  13. Carl Herrera

I listened to part of CA and NY governors' updates today. Sounds like they are planning on easing restrictions in the upcoming weeks in phases while tracking rate of transmission and pull back if data shows a dangerous increase. These governors explained their policies and the criteria by which they would be making decisions clearly and rightly have earned a degree of public trust on this matter.

The whole "Democrats want indefinite closer (to hurt Trump!)" thing on the right has never been true. State governors are cognizant of the economic pain and mental stress that their stay-at-home orders have placed on their population, they also know their state revenue projections. The Trumpists on TV, radio and internet who think that Democrats would kill their own state's economy to hurt Trump are projecting the Trumpists' death cult mentality onto other people.

14. bigtexxx

looks like you were the one who fell victim to the fake news. But your all caps and cursing was quite convincing to all, I’m sure!

educate yourself below

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/3000638001?client=safari

IBTL likes this.
  15. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

LOL 'plausible' and 'avenue'
    from YOUR article:

"There have been no public reports that hospitals are exaggerating COVID-19 numbers to receive higher Medicare payments."

Get it together son..
    batman knows where you live and should call the hidalgo tip line on your sorry ass. Same day as heavy TRASH

NEXT

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. havoc1

havoc1 Member

I agree with your post but I just wanted to point out that the 80% number might not be correct. In this article: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...oronavirus-ventilator-patients-die/index.html
    it mentions that in New York they initially thought that anyone on a ventilator had an 88% chance of dying, but have revised that number to 25%.

I’m not sure if you’d seen that yet so I thought I’d point it out. Although it’s possible that you are talking about a different report so if that’s the case I apologize.

jchu14 and RayRay10 like this.
  17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I see the conspiracy that hospitals are labeling deaths as COVID-19 deaths for money has cropped it's ugly head up here too. This is one of the most dangerous misinformation floating out there especially since it's simultaneously put out there with the argument that hospitals are empty and several medical personnel are furloughed.

So which is it? Hospitals and medical personnel are in dire economic straits or they are raking it in?

There are many medical facilities and personnel that are empty and furloughed because in many states elective surgeries are on hold. Not every hospital is equipped to handle COVID-19 cases and there are some that are better than others . In many regions such as my own certain hospitals are designated as COVID-19 specialty centers. Elective surgeries are the most profitable part of medicine and the least riskiest surgeries. Extreme COVID-19 treatment in ICU's using ventilators is very risky and risk and difficulty always leads to more costs. Further our medical system is already underfunded and riven with inequality. Under the Hippocratic oath doctors and hospitals have to provide emergency service no matter if a patient has insurance or can afford it. That is true for COVID 19 and what we are seeing with COVID is that it is hitting poorer populations hard. While there has been more funding for hospitals in the last two CARES bills hospitals are still bearing a lot of costs.

Regarding this idea that hospitals are deliberately misleading by labeling deaths as COVID 19 deaths for profit. There very well might be some deaths that are mislabeled but consider that we now know this disease has been around for a lot longer in the US than we had thought. It is far more likely that many deaths were mislabeled as not being COVID 19 deaths even though they were. The number of COVID-19 death rate might very well be wrong but it might be wrong the other way especially since pressure early on was to downplay the disease. Why do you think the PRC is having to revise it's numbers upwards.

Misinformation and conspiracy regarding this crisis is dangerous. One reason why we have a world wide pandemic is because misinformation and obfuscation for political reasons hampered abilities to contain it and now we're going to make the same mistake.

HakeemOnlyFan, Nook, joshuaao and 2 others like this.
  18. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

well normally but in this case its troll trash. Its sorta a nice litmus of what NOT to do LOL.

I like the way its assumed that the hospitals will be shady. Pretty telling on how their business mind thinks..to project this weird hope of an "avenue"..

As usual ..googled and debunked in microseconds. that part made me laugh so I bit.. but thats on me. It was funny.

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. Carl Herrera

A number of studies show that the number of excess deaths over the last few months in many countries, including the US and the nation-state of California, is much higher than recorded COVID19 deaths. So, if anything most places are undercounting COVID deaths due to lack of testing tools to confirm.

IBTL and RayRay10 like this.
  20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

LOL bigtexxx trolling further and further into irrelevance...