1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Coherance - 6/10

Low budget sci fi mystery made for like 50 grand. Worth a watch.

2. HTM

HTM Member

Don Verdean - 3/10 - It has Danny McBride and Sam Rockwell as well as Jerome from Flight of the Concords so I thought I’d give it a chance but it wasn’t very good.

Army of Shadows - 7/10 - 60s French made movie about the French resistance in ww2. It was fairly decent.

3. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Good Boys 7.5/10
    A good amount of knee slappers and smiles.

don grahamleone, GRENDEL and Surfguy like this.
  4. PhiSlammaJamma

Odd Thomas 6/10 - Dean Koontz and the Director straight up stole the story from the Sixth Sense, but I still didn't see the trick ending coming so that worked. Odd was so confident and superpowered there was no tension whatsoever, and the murderers had no motive either. But I liked Stormy. She was hottish. And very solid acting by odd Thomas dude. Watchable if bored and mildly satisfying for some reason.

#8524 PhiSlammaJamma, Apr 19, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
    ico4498 likes this.
  5. PhiSlammaJamma

Joker 8/10: It was better than I though it would be, but I thought the opus moment, where he goes on the talk show, fell flat. They needed to do more with that. Shooting the guy was good, but rather than him go on a weird tv rant, we needed more insanity. Think if they re-did that scene to demonstrate his brilliant insanity and tying all his actions together, then the movie would have really worked it's potential. One trailer had his face in a old film machine, and that never got into the movie. And the dance on the stair was also better in the trailer, although I understood the music choice in the movie, the trailer did it more justice. The midget trying to get out of the apartment was hilarious, but the midget's decision to remain in the apartment was unmotivated, and then you don't need to show me the joker letting him out. Just let me wonder. Should have left that a mystery. All in all though it was a good movie. Strong cinematics, strong lead, some strong supporting characters. I was ok with the Batman additions, except for the weird your my daddy stuff. We didn't really need that scene.

6. Nero

Nero Member

Ford vs. Ferrari 8/10

Great movie.

Matt Damon does a 100% spot-on Tommy Lee Jones impersonation all the way through, and he nailed it.

I am not to world's biggest car buff, so a lot of the information in the movie was new to me, and I think I probably enjoyed it more that way, rather than knowing how everything was going to turn out.

One highlight for me (and you see this in the trailer so it's not a spoiler) was the big 'fight scene, which was frankly hilarious, AND even more so when you realize 'Hey, that's Jason Bourne fighting Batman!

Anyway, loved it, two thumbs up!

don grahamleone and GRENDEL like this.
  7. Nero

Nero Member

1917 - 9/10

Another great film - Redbox has been kind lately.

This movie is an 'achievement' film - it is just as noteworthy for the technical achievements in the MAKING of the film as for the actual film itself.

Several minutes in, you realize you have just watched what seems like one long uninterrupted cut; and if so, how the hell did they do that?

War is hell, no matter the circumstances. This movie, like so many before it, demonstrates that fact without flinching. People should watch this movie.

Of special note, if you are a Sherlock Holmes fan, you may enjoy the SH actors who pop up unexpectedly. It's always such a treat to see such fine actors lend themselves to what amounts to one or two days' work on a film.

Anyway, while the story is pretty much straightforward, there are some surprises, some quite unexpected.

If you've ever seen Gallipoli, then you will recognize the flavor of this film.

Highly recommended!

8. Nero

Nero Member

Extraction (Netflix Chris Hemsworth flick) 7.5/10

This was a really good action flick. If you saw the newest Jack Ryan season on Prime, imagine the jungle rescue/escape elements of that series, combined with the action and violence of John Wick, and you have Chris Hemsworth in Extraction.

Yes, some of it is derivitave, but that's ok. The is not The King's Speech, after all. This is an explody shooty fighty action thriller. Hemsworth pulled it off very well, so high marks for that. The action was all great, very much in the same vein as the John Wick movies.

If you're in the mood for that kind of movie, this is a good one.

marky :), Jontro, peleincubus and 3 others like this.
  9. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i agree. Watched it last night. Great little action flick to zone out on. I could nit pick here or there but for what it is, it gets the job done

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I was shocked that I enjoyed this movie, but I agree. Good script.

11. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

With theaters opening but studios still holding back their releases I'm hoping we get a month or so of classics filing the void.

don grahamleone likes this.
  12. PhiSlammaJamma

Terminator Dark Fate : 8/10: Much better than I thought. The old Lady did pretty well. I was expecting her to bring it down, but it held together nicely.

Rambo: The Last Blood: 6/10: It didn't feel like Rambo to me. That's ok. It delivers entertainment. They don't beat around the bush. But it's more like Taken than Rambo. Still watchable.

FrontRunner and Surfguy like this.
  13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Hereditary 7/10.

It was too long and slow but had some genuine WTF moments that I really appreciate.

The ending was anti-climatic but the atmosphere was good and there was some great acting.

Toni Collete plays crazy very well.

Looking forward to Midsommar it's not as long which should help.

14. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Miss Sloane - 7.8/10.

TBH, started the movie because Jessica Chastain was on the cover. That in itself, starts a movie at a 5/10 minimum. For an added bonus the movie was really good. A story that dives into a life of a lobbyist and corrupt politics. This one is worth a watch.

Jontro likes this.
  15. marky :)

marky :) Member

Liked this movie a lot too. Was pretty impressed at the actor who played Saju. I could watch a similar action movie with him as the main star.

16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Empire of the Sun - incomplete - Spielberg plus WWII and you would think I would love it, but....I just didn't get it. Actually couldn't finish it. Seemed too contrived and happy to me. Was kind of interesting seeing Christian Bale as a kid though.

Here Comes the Boom - 7/10 - family movie night, so wasn't expecting much. Was pleasantly surprised. Even though it was totally predictable, the execution wasn't half bad.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  17. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Justice League

Gawdamn......! Ive avoided this movie for so long and finally caught the last half on tv and gotta say, "what a **** show. DC you suck!" I couldnt imagine paying my earned money and actually sitting through the entire thing. Why was everything so bad? The acting, the cgi, the jokes, the attempt at comedic timing, the story, the directing, the acting characters. ALL, SO BAD! Zack Snyder just stahp. It gets a 2 out of infinity.

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

So much money and good to decent actors. Tons of story to fall back on for plot. And that. Puke

19. CCorn

CCorn Member

I just watched Ragnorak for the 5th time. Best marvel movie. Fight me

B-Bob and Buck Turgidson like this.
  20. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Definitely the funniest