1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump discovers yet another cure for COVID19!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL. Watch that press conference. He was DEAD serious. He wasn't talking to Reporters either.

Andre0087 and B-Bob like this.
  2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

whether its ingesting pool cleaners or disinfectants or bleach or lysol, @dachuda86 will always trust trump 200% coz hardworking trump and the big beautiful wall is gonna save the white race from genocide

3. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Mexico just might want to build that wall, on their side, to keep the dirty infected Americans out. Never underestimate Trump’s genius and determination to get that wall built! Mexico does not want to pay for the wall, after being asked nicely? 50+K dead Americans is not too large a sacrifice to get the deal done. Art of the Deal, baby. Art of the Deal.

FrontRunner and RayRay10 like this.
  4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

5. havoc1

havoc1 Member

Yes I am aware. I was responding to Dachuda who said that Trump was quoted out of context. I pointed out how Trump isn’t even using that excuse anymore. He told me that I need to learn to think for myself and I replied with the post you quoted.

The whole point is that Dachuda is trying to make an excuse for Trump that Trump himself doesn’t even believe. They (the White House) realized how dumb it was to say he was quoted out of context and tried to switch to “he was being sarcastic.” Of course that is even more ridiculous because, as you said, he was being dead serious.

6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Did I ever say I could not see the harm in the presidents claim?

Can you show where I did that?

My only point is to curtail trying to tie every negative thing that happens to Trump because it starts being white noise and people start ignoring the important stuff because there is too much.

IMO this increase in calls is small potatoes in the big scheme of things because we don't know the actual numbers and we don't know how many were just crank calls, and yes crank calls can be a simple explanation as well.

You can miss me with all of this neutral talk just because I am not willing to pile o with every negative does not mean I am neutral on Trump, my thoughts on him should be well known by my posting history.

7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Have I ever said anything different?

What in any of my post would make you think I am absolving Trump of what he said?

8. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

why aren't they doing it in Florida instead?

9. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Watching Trump supporters defend their man is like watching an abused wife explain to friends and family that her husband is just misunderstood and is completely different when no one else is around.

"He was being sarcastic!"

"You just don't get him like I do!"

"He's NOT ALWAYS like this. He has his good side too!"

"He works so hard, it's okay that he cheats a little and gets his. Everybody does it!"

"Instead of criticizing my man, maybe you should get your household in order!"

#249 London'sBurning, Apr 27, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
  10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Nailed it. I had never thought of it, but it is definitely a psychologically abusive relationship he has with his followers (and really anyone forced to spend any time listening to him, which is sadly most of America).

FrontRunner and RayRay10 like this.
  11. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I forgot to mention the gaslighting which is yet another symptom of an abusive relationship. Also being convinced by your abuser that they're the only one's that can help you and that no one else can. There's no such thing as a good Democrat and any GOP that opposes him is just a fake hack. Only Trump can help you. :rolleyes:o_O

#251 London'sBurning, Apr 27, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
  12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Read the article for any indication that the calls were genuine cases, but there's none. Many of them are probably prank calls.

13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

prank or not they were caused by Trump and takes important resources during a pandemic

RayRay10 and FrontRunner like this.
  14. JuanValdez

I guess my point being: while what Trump did was irresponsible, resist the temptation (if you felt any) to point out Poison Control calls as an accurate data point for how seriously dumbasses in America took his suggestion. The inference the news article would like you to take is that there are some gullible enough to drink bleach, but there actually isn't any very good reason to think the calls the paper reported on were in earnest.

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think I stated anywhere that you were absoliving Trump

16. havoc1

havoc1 Member

Well someone did die from eating aquarium cleaner because he thought it was the same stuff Trump was peddling as a game changer so I don’t think we should make too many positive assumptions about what some of his supporters might or might not do.

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. JuanValdez

Too true.

RayRay10 and havoc1 like this.
  18. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Folks here are too old to hear.

19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I can't wait until the deep dive into the Pence VP years is written.