1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump's coronavirus response

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Mar 13, 2020.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The timeline of the Trump Administration's failure to react to Coronavirus keeps getting pushed back every day, now we're back in November 2019:

ABC News: Intelligence Agencies Warned of Catastrophic Outbreak in China in November

"Analysts concluded it could be a cataclysmic event," one of the sources said of the NCMI’s report. "It was then briefed multiple times to" the Defense Intelligence Agency, the Pentagon’s Joint Staff and the White House.

joshuaao, No Worries, B-Bob and 2 others like this.
  2. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

So now the Trump Admin and his GOP party have found a new target.. WHO....

They are killing me...

T_Man

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Media is getting tired of trump insulting members of the media, lying in press conference and essentially using them as campaign rallies... so many in the media are either cutting away from them or debating whether to skip altogether. So trump whines about that...

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. edwardc

edwardc Member

Some people still not getting it he is the WORST POTUS EVER he lies when the truth will do.

FrontRunner, B-Bob, RayRay10 and 3 others like this.
  5. edwardc

edwardc Member

Hell if he wasn't LYING so much maybe just maybe there wouldn't be any complaints.

6. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

It would help if Trump actually had a command of the facts to start with.

7. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

It's a crying shame that he is more concerned about his media numbers than he is with keeping people safe....

T_Man

8. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

These last few weeks with Trump have been rough. Reading this cheered me up...

RayRay10 and Rashmon like this.
  9. NewRoxFan

10. edwardc

edwardc Member

So true he just makes things worse when he speaks without knowing the facts.

RayRay10 and No Worries like this.
  11. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I'd be happy if he managed a command of the English language.

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. NewRoxFan

Well, someone actually did look into this...

13. edwardc

edwardc Member

Once again this clown puts his foot in his mouth the WORST POTUS ever.

14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Yet his blatant LIE of a tweet gets 150K likes, while the guy who is fact checking him and calling him on his absolute and utter bullshit only gets 1/10th of the exposure. One thing that's been proven through all of this.....the basic American Trump/GOP supporter has no desire to dig deeper and use critical thinking.

15. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

That's the mildest way of putting it.

I've always known that the right in this country is firmly entrenched in certain ideologies that I don't agree with, and have feelings about minorities that are far more negative than they realize. It was an ugly part of the country, but personally knowing a lot of Trump supporters they aren't bad people or stupid.

To see he way they have flocked to this openly terrible human being, who has made no secret that he is nothing more than a sleezy, greedy, dishonest yankee huckster. He's a walking embodiment of everything I was raised to hate as a Texan. Never, never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined sane people I know unquestionably supporting this man the way they have. He's a messiah sent to save the country and they believe it. There's nothing, absolutely nothing he can do to lose their support.

It's legitimately like people have been brainwashed and it's terrifying to see. It makes it very easy to see how a guy like Hitler could come to power. You strike at a few insecurities and fears, and you have them forever.

Nippystix, Anticope, joshuaao and 6 others like this.
  16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

No ice cream for you!
    How deplorable.

Yep, I used the "D" word.

Now 4 angry people gonna vote for him because I hurt their feelings and said it. :rolleyes:

Nook, NewRoxFan and RayRay10 like this.
  17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

people staying loyal to this POS person is either stupid or POS themselves. they need to be one of those can't be none of those.

what's another explanation?

18. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

You would certainly think that, but that is not the case I can promise you. People who are neither stupid nor an awful person inexplicably support this man..passionately.

It's what makes everything I've seen unfold so alarming.

19. biina

biina Member

I think it is hard to brainwash people and much easier to jave them reveal their true self. The ease and speed with which Trump has achieved his success with his followers hints at less of the former and more of the latter.

FrontRunner likes this.
  20. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

[NPR] 'Please Don't Politicize This Virus,' WHO Head Says After Trump Threatens Funding

Using the COVID-19 pandemic to score political points is dangerous and will only cause more deaths, World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said Wednesday, after President Trump criticized the WHO and its relationship with China. Tedros also revealed that in recent months, other criticisms of him have included death threats.

"Please don't politicize this virus," Tedros said in a briefing in Geneva, after he was asked about Trump's remarks. He later urged political leaders to "please quarantine politicizing COVID."

"The focus of all political parties should be to save their people," Tedros said. He added that politicizing the virus only exploits differences at the national level.

"If you want to be exploited and if you want to have many more bodybags, then you [politicize the virus]," the WHO leader said. "If you don't want many more body bags, then you refrain from politicizing it."

The remarks came one day after President Trump sharply criticized the WHO and suggested he might put a hold on U.S. funding — the largest single source of money for the health organization.

Tedros did not refer to Trump by name as he stressed the importance of confronting COVID-19 as a common enemy. And he stated several times that he does not mind being targeted by personal attacks. Everyone's focus, he said, should remain on the coronavirus, not political or international rivalries.

"The unity of your country will be very important to defeat this dangerous virus," Tedros said. Without unity, he added, even countries with advanced health care systems "will be in trouble, and more crisis."

COVID-19 has now been blamed for at least 80,000 deaths worldwide and more than 1.4 million people have been confirmed to be infected by the virus, according to a COVID-19 dashboard created by Johns Hopkins University's Whiting School of Engineering, which reports pandemic numbers in near real time.

"No need to use COVID to score political points," Tedros said. "You have many other ways to prove yourselves."

To do so, he added is "like playing with fire."

"If we care about our people, if we care about our citizens," Tedros said, "please work across party lines, across ideology, across beliefs, across any differences, for that matter. We need to behave. That's how we can defeat this virus."

"We don't do politics in WHO," he later said.

Responding to a question about how he views criticisms of him and the WHO during the crisis, Tedros said he had been targeted by racial slurs and even death threats, saying those threats had emanated from Taiwan.

Tedros added that he doesn't care when people target him personally. And he said he is proud to be a black man, no matter what racists might say.

That also applies to death threats, he added: "I don't give a damn."

As he urged unity, the WHO chief cited the historic joint effort by the U.S. and the Soviet Union to fight smallpox during the Cold War as an example.

"The former U.S.S.R. and United States came together and agreed to eradicate smallpox and brought the whole world together with them," Tedros said.

At the time of that cooperation in the 1960s, he noted, smallpox was killing 2 million people each year and infecting 15 million annually.

"The world could not tolerate that kind of disaster," Tedros said.

FrontRunner and RayRay10 like this.