1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Buying a gun.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Mr.Scarface, Apr 5, 2020.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Riot shield on back > secondary.

Ziggy likes this.
  2. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I have a few rental properties .... It's not bad for us yet as all of our tenants are able to work from home and keep the rent paid.

I do have one who's lease is about to expire and she's not renewing but moving across the country , she can't really do that with the current conditions - has to find a job where she's going not to mention another place so we're extending her 60days at a time beyond the end of her lease until this is over. That gives her time to do what she needs to move and gives us a window to find a new tenant with little interruption.

The other thing is many banks are offering 3 month grace period / loan forbearance with no penalties .... so it won't be too bad on property owners when tenants who can't make the rent.

What concerns me is how the market shapes up after this is over - property costs and rental values could see a steep drop , tho that could provide a buying opportunity for some. It could really hurt people who have tight margins rent to taxes , mortgage and upkeep.

Jontro, Invisible Fan and HTM like this.
  3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I live out of state and I've been looking to buy a house in an overpriced and low supply market. That's secondary though because the amount of strain isolation does to the economy won't make anyone's new and shiny purchase a happy ending. Who knows if I'll even have a job in 4-6 months.

It's going to take hard work and planning to restart the engine, and that'll probably dominate news in the Fall season...

Anyways, later this year might be a good time to buy for out of loop Houston residents if you're not coupled with the O&G sector...

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Buy the ring. It comes with an app that has it's own forum and keeps you aware of suspicious people in your area.

5. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I was just telling my wife the same thing .... this probably presents a buy opportunity for those with the cash / credit.

After the 07 crash rent prices went up significantly because so many people lost jobs , houses and their credit went with it while property prices actually went down because of all the supply created by those defaults.

Hate to say it but we're probably looking at a scenario where the rich get richer. I know I'll be watching this closely and if the opportunity presents itself , I'll add properties.

6. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Good thinking..

RedRedemption likes this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

I like my Model 10 riot gun.

I have no desire to fire it, bit scared to actually, since it hasn't been touched off in 75 years.

8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

20 or 32 inch barrel ? ..... Either way , I don't think I'd want to fire modern ammunition thru that "collectors item".

My 870 is a 1950 model that my grandfather left me .... Also have a Japanese Ariska - their knock off of the Mauser that he brought back from Okinawa in WWII.

9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

#1. I have an Alarm system with DoorBell and Driveway cameras.
    #2. I have 2 smaller dogs and 1 older 65lb dog who has a VERY LOUD and Deep Bark (She is very friendly though).
    #3. I have fired guns before (AR-15, .22, 9mm).
    #4. My wife has much more experience with guns (grew up around hunters and law enforcement) than I have and she would never let me buy one (she would say she is more likely to use it on me....jokingly...I think).
    #5. She was watching Contagion for the 1st time (I've seen it many times) and I told her it is like a Documentary of what is going on now. I was finally able to convince her to let me buy a gun (2 kids are out of the house, the other is 17).
    #6. I'm not going to break the bank on the first gun. I've settled on a 9mm, Walther Creed. walther-creed-9mm.html
    Very good reviews. Watched a number of them on YouTube.

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think there are questions to be asked
    I don't have answers . . . just questions
    1. Do you want to intimidate, stop or kill?
    2. Got Kids?
    3. Price Range?
    4. Ease of use?
    5. More than one? -- ASIDE: Does any keep a gun in their freezer / odd places like in movies?

I wonder more and more about a Bullet ProofVest as well

Rocket River

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

"That won't kill man . . it will just pepper him up nicely"

He picked up the box with the deer on it and shook it.

"After that, , , the gun is Jamaican . .. Buckshot buckshot buckshot!"

Rocket River

12. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

see above post.

Rocket River likes this.
  13. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I recently picked up a S&W Governor. Out of the Box it shoots 45 colt, 45 acp and also 410 shotgun shells. My thinking is I could always throw some game load in it if I needed to hunt small game, but I currently have it loaded with 3 Winchester PDX defender 410 shells (each contains 3 flat buck shot discs and 12 BBs) and then 3 Winchester PDX 45 colt hollow point.
    about 2 years ago I sold of my Winchester 1897 WW1 Trench gun. I shot it regularly and it still worked great. it's the one gun I wish I hadn't sold when I got rid of all my firearms.

14. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

What's the best gun for killing Zombies?

Asking for a friend.

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Chainsaw

16. ATXNekko

ATXNekko Member

I picked up a Gen 5 Glock 17 this past weekend, was the last one at the dealer who stated he wont see another one until after the first of the year. I really like it and the lefty wife is able to fire it confidently as well. Watching all of these pandemic movies while working from home is making gun researching mildly addicting. It amazed me the cost of some of the AR out there, $3600 for an HK AR 7.62 I mean it would be fun to have but for 3K?

17. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

The HK 7.62 wouldn't be on my radar even if I was spending that much.

Larue, Noveske, JP, GAP, LMT, SCAR in the 3-4k range

Zev, Daniel Defense, barret in the 2-3k range

Armalite, Aero in 1-2k range

Or build my own for less than 1500 with a match barrel, and a nice trigger. Save the 2k for a scope and ammo

ATXNekko likes this.
  18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good post.

If you really feel you need a firearm make sure you get trained and practice. A gun is a very powerful tool but like any power tool if you don't know how to use it right it could be ineffective or hurt yourself or those who you don't want to get hurt by.

FrontRunner likes this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

these are undefeated

[​IMG]

Nook and No Worries like this.
  20. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

This looks like a quality anti-Zombie device

[​IMG]

Looks like you can take out 10 Zombies before reloading.