1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CNN Gives No Respect to Rudy T

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lnchan, Apr 4, 2020.

1. SemisolidSnake

It's not just CNN. It's just...the news. Especially the news we live with today in this generation. I heard another blurb on a different channel, and Rudy T was also not mentioned. The blurb was basically 5 seconds long. Barely enough time to read the top four names before it was back to 247COVID19 repetition ad nauseum. God forbid we actually be accidentally be exposed to any good news during these times. Turns these bastards off. All of them. You'll be much happier.

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Why don't y'all tweet your complaints to @CNN?

Rock Block likes this.
  3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

With all due respect, bull****. That’s also a comment that doesn’t belong in the GARM or anywhere else at ClutchFans other than D&D. That CNN is singled out by the OP for “lack of respect” towards RudyT is absurd. Countless sports outlets and news organizations have been disrespectful to our Rockets legend.

Can we please keep the politics out of the GARM? It’s what @Clutch wants. It’s in the rules. In other words, a brain dead turnip should know not to post political crap in here. It’s not Rockets science, people. Get a grip.

#23 Deckard, Apr 5, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

He got into the hof and how long has that process taken. In that span how much has happened. These aren’t sports junkies. Outside of people in Houston like he said, this generation of people have no clue what a coach did 25 years ago. They stopped paying attention a long time ago

5. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure why no one has mentioned it unless everyone here missed it, but i saw a 5 min thing NBA TV did from Rudys house where Rudy was interviewed about getting in, they showed old clips, etc. Rudy was grinning from ear to ear. I'm so happy for him and what a great class to be a part of.

tinman and Deckard like this.
  6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Thanks for that. It’s moment to make every fan of the Rockets cheer, and there’s little enough to cheer about these days.

Rock Block likes this.
  7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The only people who respect Rudy T are fans, players and coaches.

You should NEVER look to the media for respect

@Os Trigonum

Rock Block and SemisolidSnake like this.
  8. jim petersen84

cnn is the cartoon news network so flip them.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

ok boomer

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Tfor3 likes this.
  11. jim petersen84

idgi

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

CNN is at least a trustworthy news source.

DD

13. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i had no idea HOF voting was about to be announced. wow, i was worried Rudy T was never going to make it in but am so glad to hear that he did. so deserving.

I know it's technically not an "add everything together" nomination where you combine some player accomplishments with coach accomplishments, but they clearly do it all the time. they even bump up pro's based on "college career" as if an nba player isn't pretty much automatically good in college.

how rudy doesn't get more respect for two titles is amazing (other than it was for a Houston team). he took over a 41-41 team and 2 years later won a title without a ton of roster change. and then won an even more shocking title by beating four 57+ win teams on the road. chuck daly is considered a god among men for winning 2 titles with the bad boys. i think lenny wilkens only has 1. apparently rudy just tripped and fell into his.

also, he was moreyball before morey when it came to shooting 3's. basically revolutionized the use of the 3 point line.

and even if boring, he figured out iso's could be devastating and wasn't afraid to use them about as much as we do now. i mean, a francis/mobley/bullard/walt williams/mo taylor (sometimes old hakeem) starting lineup somehow won 45 games in an insane west one year because we just iso'd.

also, another analytics thing, the rockets were always a low foul team when rudy was the coach. can't be a coincidence that he did 2 of the biggest analytics things (3's and don't foul) before anyone knew what analytics was.

all sorts of people who did nothing like winning 2 titles are in the HoF but rudy has to wait all this time? who knows why, but i am so glad he's finally in.

14. jim petersen84

no mainstream news is trustworthy they are all shills for the big corporations

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Get that POS out of the GARM

daywalker02 likes this.