1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans trade DeAndre Hopkins to Arizona

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Mar 16, 2020.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Texans do what, 67,000-68,000 in season ticket sales (out of 72,000) and 1300 PSLs on sale is the downfall of the franchise? LOL.

Talk to me in August.........let's see if u have case.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

the level of your delusions is incredibly laughable. you have a gimmick outlook at every single thing. pretty sad to see. the tooth fairy is real

#1262 YOLO, Apr 6, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  3. meh

meh Contributing Member

I don't doubt that there has been a backlash due to the Hopkins trade. But looking at the Redskins, it takes years of futility before it gets to the point where the owners feel any pressure. And the Texans, for all their issues, aren't totally futile. And given that they're in a generally weak division as well as have a franchise QB, it's impossible for them to just plain suck for even 2-3 straight years running. BOB is doing his best to make it happen, but even the severe loss of draft picks takes a few years to rear its ugly head anyways.

If people are expecting mass clean house this season or even next season they are going to be disappointed short of an absolute disaster, 2-14 type season where the Dolphins get our #1 overall pick.

Nook and raining threes like this.
  4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

What type of injury is worthy of a trade cancellation? I remember the sean elliot deal but not many since.

Edit: and montiejunas

5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Breaking bobs legs, so he is unsuitable to carry on his duties? That way a competent GM can come in and nix the trade.

conquistador#11 and Astrodome like this.
  6. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Read that the patriots have been involved in two recent trade rescindings. Hopefully the clown follows the patriot way. Then gets axed.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Well yea calling out the sht trade does nothing, but it does informs others of how fked up things r. Idk y U like to pretend everything all fine and dandy just so u can brainlessly support the team?

If he fked up? he's been fking up left and right. Jeezus christ man.

Any fan can b an loyal sheep that will defend a team at all cost, its the one that truly want it to be great that will voice complaints.

disgustin how u are so happy with a sht hc/gm. But then again there's a bunch of sheeps like u out there who gets insulted that we don't blindly support the team.

8. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Dont give me blue balls man.....

Astrodome likes this.
  9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

So is th
    Im not happy. I’m indifferent. Trading Hopkins was bad, but it is not the end of the world.

****ing up? Clowney trade, as it turns out, was right as Seattle’s compensation for losing Clowney may be less than a 3rd round pick. Tunsil trade..just need to resign him ( and for those b****ing about not doing the contract before the trade, Rams did the exact same the for Ramsey). Contract values are Texans’ view of worth.

Again...Trading Hopkins was not good, but not the end of the world.

10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

What's preventing it from not happening again? If u heard BoB spoke, he's saying it was for the good of the team, in what fking world is trading a HoF type WR in his prime for a broken down rb good in his mindset?

How he describe the stupid ass trade. it was in the best interest of the team Capital T. Capital E. Capital A Capital M. he's fking delusional.

Clowney trade was horsesht. we tanked a season to draft the dude, then we proceed to just pay someone half his contract to play somehwere else and got sht returns, for what? For that stupid cap that u claim was soooo important. We did jack sht with the cap, signin nobodies and signing Cobb.

Indifferent my ass, u just keep moving goal post every time BoB fks up.
    I can't wait until watson outrights demand a trade or BoB fire so at least u would stop defending his ass.
    One of the longest tenure coach, but has done nothing to deserve it. Division crowns mean jack sht if u get ass blasted and exposed in playoffs.

#1270 DatRocketFan, Apr 6, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
    TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

God, you are dumb. No one tanked for Clowney. The season was a **** show. There was no QB to take in the draft.

Whine, Whine, whine. Damn, you a b****. Take your tampon out, it may help.

Your whining changes nothing. No one ****ing cares, especially the Texans.

12. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

https://www.si.com/nfl/cardinals/news/houston-texans-bill-obrien-explains-deandre-hopkins-trade

“It was in the best interest of our team," O'Brien said. "DeAndre Hopkins was a great football player here. He made so many plays for us. We love DeAndre Hopkins. But he had three years left on his deal and he wanted a raise. And we weren't going to be able to go in that direction. We felt like we had a great offer from Arizona that involved picks. That involved an excellent three-down running back who is hungry and humble and just can't wait to get started. David Johnson is going to be a great addition to our football team.

13. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

SMDH.....

14. raining threes

Love you man,

But exploit black people

Most of the guys are millionaires.

Most people would give their right arm to be exploited like these guys are.

Nook likes this.
  15. raining threes

If he was the GM when these picks were made I would agree with you.

16. raining threes

Any reason to think he cant contribute if healthy?

17. raining threes

Quoted for truth

18. raining threes

They did a great job adding talent to the OL. If Devlin only knew what do do with it. The way I see the trade is one 1st is Tunsil. The other 1st is the price they would have to trade up to get a LT the quality of Tunsil. The 2nd rd pick was of equal value to Stills and a high 4th.

The cost of Tunsil's new contract is the price the McNair's have to pay for the old man shipping DB off.

Mr.Scarface likes this.
  19. raining threes

WFV is a playmaker
    Stills is a playmaker
    Cobb has made a long career out of making plays.
    Duke?
    If DJ is healthy he can make plays
    Fells had how many TD's last yr.
    Warring has potential.

Plays will be made, there wont be any WR with 150 targets anymore. A guy that gets 150 targets should catch 100 balls or more.

Truth is this season will come down to if Watson improves and how good a job Kelly does as OC. What worries me more than Nuk leaving is having both rookie OC/DC's. That's not a receipe for success.

20. raining threes

I'm a season ticketholder since 2003 and the only reason I didn't give up my tickets after 2010 is I didn't want to lose my PSL investment. Plus I've made friends with the people around my seats and we actually now go to gatherings outside of Texans football. I'm not sure you understand this dynamic.