1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

In the hands of God

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

2. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

T_Man likes this.
  3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

:(
    I guess she needed hand sanitizer after all.

Damn, that hoax is lethal.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

5. London'sBurning

Makes you wonder where Karen got her confidence and news from. It's like misleading your audience can get them killed.

6. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Found a photo of her leaving the Church.

[​IMG]

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Clearly an example of a deep state assassination, she was exposing them and they shut her up.

In all seriousness, still sad despite the stupidity, RIP hope her family can get through it.

jiggyfly and B-Bob like this.
  8. London'sBurning

Well, I personally know Trump supporters that are well respected by their peers at work, are intelligent, kind and good all around people. Like Karen, may very well have been a wonderful wife, mother, sister and coworker to many that knew her.

I just think a lot of people haven't had bad unavoidable **** happen to them in their life and have an extremely sheltered viewpoint, where somehow they think positive thinking can overcome Biology. Like there really is an element of truth to positive thinking being an effective placebo and actually improving health, but it can't stop a virus from invading an immune system that isn't responding well.

I really can't fault anyone for being ill-prepared to react appropriately in the face of a health crisis like this. Most of us have never had to deal with something like this in our lifetime. More than anything, I think it emphasizes the importance of truthful communication to citizens.

I promise you, as loyal as Trump's base is, if he had told them to err on the side of caution much sooner, they would have gotten in line and Karen might be alive. It's THAT important.

As a joke though, these paid method actors take their craft too seriously IMO.

#48 London'sBurning, Apr 4, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
  9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

A giant puckered poo-hole, yes.

Nook likes this.
  10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

When you lie all the time and say the media is lying, this is what happens.

Karen’s blood is on Fox News.

DD

11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

franklin graham's fox news version of God is one of a spiteful punisher... not one of Love. Again and again, Billy Graham must be rolling in his grave.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  12. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Disappointing but not surprising. Middle America has not seen any real effects yet, besides economic due to strategies to mitigate spread and people being petrified to catch this. And Iowa will likely see fewer deaths because it’s such a small state and low density. Some people have difficulty understanding complex ideas like how infections can spread. Until a bunch of Iowans come down with COVID, it does not exist. This isn’t like 9/11 where the media could show 3,000 deaths again and again. Instead thousands are dying each day in private in the US and increasing every day as the infection spreads.

13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Iowa currently has 786 cases and 14 deaths so it is there. IA borders WI which has 2,112 cases with 56 deaths. It was the rapid climb of cases in WI that prompted MN Governor Tim Walz to issue a stay at home order a week ago after only having a voluntary one. Even with the stay at home orders there is a lot of cross state traffic between these states. IA might benefit by having a smaller population and no large population centers like Milwaukee or the Twin Cities but it is and spreading there. The same goes for states like North and South Dakota. It will spread there and also given the sad state of those states health infrastructure, especially in Native American reservations, it could be very bad.

14. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I saw that exact viewpoint, maybe even those same words around that same time posted by an in-law of someone I know. Maybe it’s the same person or it’s one of those ... mirrored group thinking that quickly spread through social media. Wonderful lady I was told.

Even just a week ago, that lady family think there shouldn’t be shelter in place.

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

When MAGA "common sense" meets biology. It's like a MAGA Darwinism.

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

People here what they want to hear. They think libs is destroying America.

How?

Billy G has the answer, and all you need to do is subscribe to his weekly newsletter.

Break script in order to save lives??

Do you really think his position is sacred and unreplaceable....

I'm hoping the skepticism in middle America and elsewhere doesn't turn from defiance into outright violent rage.

17. London'sBurning

I wouldn't be surprised if it's some copy/pasta that's spread around politicized Facebook pages. I mean I still got elderly relatives that post crap like, "I still love Jesus. BET YOU WON'T SHARE that God is the greatest" as though God actually gives a **** about likes on Facebook, and as though trying to guilt me into sharing makes me less of a Christian for not doing it. Or, "I still stand by Trump! BET YOU WON'T SHARE" crap, again like I'm less of an American because of crap like that.

[​IMG]

I am guilty of doing the very same thing I'm about to criticize on this very message board. It's much easier to repost a meme or share a copy/pasta that internally you agree with than develop an informed opinion. I've no doubt Karen checked a Facebook page with that copy/pasta, thought to herself, "This is truth! Must post on Facebook!", and then moved on without batting an eye. We've devolved into images with platitudes on them and have mistaken that for actual insight into very complex real world scenarios. Were critical thinking taught across all aspects of life, the profession of being a conman would be a broke man's business.

18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Hate to say it but when people like Karen pass away, maybe the world becomes a smarter place.

19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-coronavirus-stay-at-home-order-idUSKBN21N0UU

Louisiana church holds services, defying coronavirus stay-at-home order

CENTRAL, La. (Reuters) - The pastor of the Life Tabernacle Church near Baton Rouge held services on Sunday in defiance of a stay-at-home order issued by Louisiana because of the coronavirus pandemic, telling worshippers they had “nothing to fear but fear itself.”

Pastor Tony Spell, who was arrested last week for holding services, summoned his faithful again, three weeks after the state’s governor, John Bel Edwards, banned gatherings of 10 people or more.

Hundreds of worshippers, about half of them black and half white, converged on the church, many arriving in 26 buses sent to pick them up. Everyone but immediate family members kept a social distance of at least six feet, a lawyer for the pastor said.

“They would rather come to church and worship like free people than live like prisoners in their homes,” Spell told reporters.

Referring to depression and anxiety suffered by people forced to stay home, he asked, “Could it be that it is worse than the people who have already contracted this virus and died?”

Spell said he preached that people had “nothing to fear.” Louisiana had recorded 13,000 confirmed cases and 477 deaths as of Sunday.

Some other Christians around the United States defied rules meant to curb the spread of the coronavirus and observed Palm Sunday at church.

Many churches opted instead to post video of virtual services on social media. Some used Zoom, the video-conferencing app which has becoming increasingly popular during the pandemic.

Joe Long, a civil rights lawyer and spokesman for Spell, said he believed the governor’s March 22 order violates U.S. constitutional rights to freedom of religion and to peaceably assemble, noting 16 states have religious exemptions to stay-at-home orders.

“We believe the governor is wrong. And we look forward to proving our case in court,” said Long, who said he is preparing a lawsuit against Edwards.

Central police arrested Spell on March 31 and charged him with six misdemeanors for violating the governor’s executive order. Police Chief Roger Corcoran called Spell’s decision to keep holding services “reckless and irresponsible.”

One of those who attended the gathering at Life Tabernacle on Sunday said he embraced Spell’s message.

“I’m not scared of this virus,” Tim Hampton said. “When it’s my time, it’s my time.”

But a neighbor of the church called it “utterly ridiculous” to hold services during a pandemic.

“They’re just afraid there’s not going to be enough money in the collection plate,” Bobbye McInnis told reporters.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

He needs to be charged with attempted manslaughter. That's the only way these ****tards are going to take this seriously.