1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just on CNBC: Tilman might be forced to sell

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TilmanFinancialWindfall, Apr 2, 2020.

1. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Realistically, it depends on how local law enforcement chooses to enforce whatever orders they're receiving from their higher ups.

From a legal stand point, assuming someone felt like going out in public and hanging in large crowds, felt they were wrongfully arrested, and somehow that case eventually made it's way for the Supreme Court to interpret, I don't know.

Personally, it would be in my Constitutional rights to be more of an ******* in the face of a public health crisis, but I'd rather exercise caution for my own well being and the well being of loved one's around me. I guess I look at these arguments of rights being infringed on in a crisis like this, as yes, you probably can go out of your way to be an attention whoring ******* that insists on exercising their Constitutional rights, but should you just for the sake of it? Is that really the hill to die on, out of principal, that anyone would really want to be remembered for?

"Old Chad, was a patriot for walking around strapped with a semi-automatic rifle while loitering around Walmart in Chadsville, Florida in the face of a public health crisis." That's some real infringing of rights there I tell you what. :rolleyes:

2. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

I miss when this thread was talking about creative financing...

Scarface likes this.
  3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Please sell! :cool:

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well let’s see if you say that when it is from your family or someone you know.
    , that could have been prevented had Trump acted earlier.

DD

topfive likes this.
  5. raining threes

He cut off all flights from China within 10 days and was called a racist because of it.

Sep11ie likes this.
  6. raining threes

I will be fine lord willing

Self employed

House paid for

What's untrue about my post?

Sep11ie likes this.
  7. raining threes

You needed to watch some CNN/MSNBC or read the NYT.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He cut off all flights from China 16 days after the virus was already here. Who cares if somebody called him a racist? Since when did being a virulent racist stop Trump or his shitbird backers from doing anything? What are you some kinda cuck?

That didn't stop the ban, what stopped the ban was that it wasn't a ban, was too narrow was 3 weeks too late, and that 400,000 people have entered from China after the so called ban was enacted. Not that that probably matters since local transmission was already occurring them anyway

And of course, after the ban, this was the response.

Which what you'd expect when you have an ignorant mentally deranged buffoon as the syphilitic emperor

And the result is thousands dead and millions of lives. You idiots own that.

But at least Till-Man might sell. So there's that!

Hakeemtheking, D-rock, BMoney and 2 others like this.
  9. MystikArkitect

This would be the only positive thing I can think of coming from this situation.

Why not? and malakas like this.
  10. London'sBurning

#250 London'sBurning, Apr 5, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    D-rock, BMoney, Deckard and 2 others like this.
  11. London'sBurning

12. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

Mods: Please flush the toilet and send this into D&D. Love the enthusiasm though.

Richie_Rich, slothy420, Easy and 2 others like this.
  13. TilmanFinancialWindfall

D&D = Dumb and Dumbier?

Easy and lnchan like this.
  14. BigBum

BigBum Member

This season is not good. Tilman would target future by improving bench greatly.

15. BigBum

BigBum Member

Tell him, it will be 9th seed next year if he does not sell.

GSW, Mavs and Pelicans Are able to improve more.

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

If you're into the life and times of Tillmans creative financing look into one of Martin Scorcese's fine Italian documentaries. Or was it a 30 for 30...

lnchan likes this.
  17. jayland

jayland Member

My cousin was one of the people returning home to the US after the so called China ban was announced. He was working as an English teacher in China. And they didn't even bother quarantining him when he got back. Hell they didn't even bother taking his temperature.

Contrast that to countries that acted competently like Taiwan and South Korea. They not only tested people returning from China but also decided to track down people who returned dating a few weeks back and tested them too. Then for those that tested positive, they also tracked down people who they came in contact with and tested them. And that is why they are able to prevent a mass outbreak and didn't need to shut their entire economy down.

#257 jayland, Apr 5, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
  18. TilmanFinancialWindfall

So you're saying Tilman is going to get whacked if he doesn't pay back the Chicago mob or the Philly mob?

19. jacoby

jacoby Member

Do you mind providing a source on the 400,000 people entering after the China ban? I don't disbelieve you, I just want to check it out for myself.

20. TilmanFinancialWindfall

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/04/us/coronavirus-china-travel-restrictions.html

By Steve Eder, Henry Fountain, Michael H. Keller, Muyi Xiao and Alexandra Stevenson

• April 4, 2020
    Since Chinese officials disclosed the outbreak of a mysterious pneumonialike illness to international health officials on New Year’s Eve, at least 430,000 people have arrived in the United States on direct flights from China, including nearly 40,000 in the two months after President Trump imposed restrictions on such travel, according to an analysis of data collected in both countries.

The bulk of the passengers, who were of multiple nationalities, arrived in January, at airports in Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York, Chicago, Seattle, Newark and Detroit. Thousands of them flew directly from Wuhan, the center of the coronavirus outbreak, as American public health officials were only beginning to assess the risks to the United States.

Flights continued this past week, the data show, with passengers traveling from Beijing to Los Angeles, San Francisco and New York, under rules that exempt Americans and some others from the clampdown that took effect on Feb. 2. In all, 279 flights from China have arrived in the United States since then, and screening procedures have been uneven, interviews show.