1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel Movie] The Marvels (Captain Marvel 2)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

2. PhiSlammaJamma

I just re-watched the Kong movie and realized, hey, she was in that, lol. Her character didn't change much. But that's ok. She brings a unique style to the screen which resonates with me. \

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Terrible character that was terribly cast in a terribly written movie. No idea why she’s even in the MCU. It’s like they brought her in to replace Hulk and become a cosmic version of him after they broke him completely. Wish they just wrote this character out of the MCU or turned her into some kind of villain and killed her off.

Bobbythegreat, Andre0087 and Jontro like this.
  4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I don’t quite get all the hate she foments. She was fairly....stoic?....in her two appearances. Charisma quotient a little low.

Funny how this thread among all these Comic Con mentions has registered with all the thunder of a mouse fart.

5. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I liked the first one. The CGI 90s faced Samuel L got old but the nostalgia was funny and the point of overcoming, rising up was not lost. The political **** that comes with it is pretty strange but whatever. Wonder if the skrulls are continuing in the story too.

My concern for this movie is how are they going to nerf her? She became godlike and even though her appearance in Endgame was kinda for show, she’s super OP. Or is it a personal demons/heel turn type script? Once she powered up she’s been unstoppable, how do they kinda slow that down enough to make it believable?

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

probably one of the lower end marvel movies. but hey, someone has to be the crappy one. might as well be captain marvel.

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  7. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

I think a lot of it has to do with the MCU character being too powerful with almost no flaws. Thor and Hulk have issues and flaws they have to work through. Family issues with Thor and his brother Loki and the burden of leading his people. Even with his mighty strength and powers, these things could not be resolved by that. Hulk being cursed with his rage and that he could snap and hurt many folks at any time. His strength was his flaw. Captain Marvel had temporary amnesia. She got her memories back and now she has nearly no visible struggles that we know of. Until they start showing us some of the struggles if any that she has, I don't think she'll be relatable or as likeable as the other characters in the MCU.

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Yay? I'm marvel movied out after End Game

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  10. Xerobull

Marvel Comic’s original selling point was that the characters were more human and fallible. Back in the 1960s every comic up to that point had these god-like heroes that were rather boring in retrospect.

Captain Marvel 1 was, in my opinion, a pretty crappy movie compared to the other MCU movies. It went for sort of a 90’s ‘I’m just a girl/girl power’ vibe over substance. Captain Marvel herself came across as sort of wooden, something I blame the director, writing and editing for.

In Endgame she was aloof and thin but it was a bit part and I think it was more because it was Bree Larsen’s first time playing CM and I suspect that they wanted to stay hands off of her character development because that was being saved for her solo movie.

All of that said, I agree with you but I think the character can get better with better writing and direction.

#10 Xerobull, Apr 3, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
    No Worries and BiGGieStuFF like this.
  11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Superhero movies will never go away. General movie audience is too obsessed with them.

After this COVID-19 saga, I fear that soon the only movies you'll get in theaters are big budget franchises. Everything else will just be Netflix-bound.

Invisible Fan and Jontro like this.
  12. hooroo

hooroo Member

Hollywood has already killed true indie movies.

Jontro likes this.
  13. Jontro

Jontro Member

i don't mind watching on netflix, especially if you have a decent tv and home theater. superhero movies tho, i will watch in theaters. been a huge fan since i developed a memory with he-man (masters of the universe?), old hulk series, old flash series, etc.

14. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Yeah, I thought the first movie was 'decent'...I don't get all the hate she gets (maybe an OP woman gets to some folks)...she is a boring actor in general I thought, but Jude Law, SLJ, and the alien guy were good in the movie. I'll probably check on the next one on redbox.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  15. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

If staying true to the original comics, doesn't Rogue gain her powers indefinitely and put her into coma?

16. Xerobull

Something along those lines.

There are some fan theories that Captain Marvel 2 will be one of the entry points for mutants into the MCU with the Rogue storyline.

17. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I just hope Rogue isn't a big name actress because I don't want the character to get Jennifer Lawrenced like Mystique

Blatz likes this.
  18. Xerobull

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

don't like the character much, but maybe they'll have a good story. was brie part of the fappening?

20. CCorn

CCorn Member

Will she still have short hair? Please no.

Blatz and STR8Thugg like this.