1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NEXT GEN Gaming Console, PS5 and Xbox Series X news/upates

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by noize, Mar 17, 2020.

1. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I too would prefer remastered games (minus terrible remasters like the Silent Hill one), but some games don't have that as an option. If I want to play Xenogears, Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne, Demon's Souls (for now), etc., I have to play the original versions. There are no remasters for those games.

Ubiquitin and Drexlerfan22 like this.
  2. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

I do wonder about the legalities. I think if you're reading directly off a disc that the customer owns, there's no way that should be an issue. Owning the disc is all the copyright involved there. Where it might get more interesting is the method the BC is delivered. IIRC with Xbox they deliver it by reading what the disc is, then basically giving you a digital copy of the game meant to be played on XB1/XSX. Even if keeping the disc in is necessary, it seems like that can easily be interpreted as them re-issuing you a copy of the game. I can see that being problematic. But verifying a PS2 game is a legit copy, and then loading the disc image into memory for emulation... I honestly don't see how someone can cry foul at that.

Exactly. And, I'm enough of an all-purpose gamer nerd that I like plenty of things which are obscure enough that they will never get the remaster treatment. Even something like Xenogears there's at least some hope of a remake, if the likes of FF7 remake does well. But King's Field? Naaaah.

3. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

You would think that, but who knows when it comes to some of these things. Perhaps the licenses were only designed for certain hardware or timeframes.

For reference, Nvidia's game streaming service seemed like a simple service (basically you use their machines to play games YOU ALREADY OWN), but publishers (and even developers oddly enough) had a problem with that. I guess they had a legit argument legally since Nvidia seemed to cave immediately. If stuff like that causes issues, then I guess I could see certain types of emulation maybe being a problem too.

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

PS5 event starting now, hopefully some good stuff and real gameplay.

Blatz likes this.
  5. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Just please tell me new Infamous coming.

edit: Ghostwire Tokyo looks pretty sweet.

#45 boomboom, Jun 11, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
  6. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL at opening with a GTA V announcement. That game now spans three consoles.

Ziggy, arkoe, ThatBoyNick and 3 others like this.
  7. boomboom

Supporting Member

Horizon Forbidden West.

Agreed on GTA V...video game version of The Hangover.

KingCheetah and Yung-T like this.
  8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I have been thinking about dusting off the PS3 and playing that -- I was always confused why they didn't wait and just release it on the PS4.

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I really want a remastered version of RD2 on next-gen, I'd be legit hyped for that.

If they could add a DLC as well I'd definitely bust.

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Overall the graphics jump doesn't look to be even a 10th of what is was from PS3 to PS4. These game clips just look like new PS4 pro graphics.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm getting ready to install a real blast from the past RTS, the remastered (in 4K) Command & Conquer, and Command & Conquer Red Alert. Was it really 25 years ago that C&C came out? How time flies. The remaster includes the expansions, as well. The game play is supposed to be largely untouched. It's available on Steam, if anyone wants to time travel. Kane lives! :eek:

ryan_98, dmoneybangbang and Yung-T like this.
  12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

PC Master Race here. :)

ryan_98 likes this.
  13. PhiSlammaJamma

Trying my first steam game. I couldn't bare to play cities skylines with only 9 tiles anymore and no mods. So I'm going to xbox controller my laptop and project it to my 4k tv. Experiment begins Friday. And I'm laying the Astrodome down at the Center of my city. This may or may not work since I don't exactly know if the turbo for the processor/ fps is supposed to help me or not. I'll need it. So I hope it does.

ryan_98 likes this.
  14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Dude! Did you get permission from @Astrodome?

;-)

Astrodome and PhiSlammaJamma like this.
  15. boomboom

Supporting Member

Steam ... Team Fortress 2 ... marriage made in heaven!

16. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Ubiquitin and Yung-T like this.
  17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Wasn't that game a bust specifically because of that decision.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  18. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

That game is a cash cow with unlimited utters.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  19. Gabe0941

Gabe0941 Member

Buy PS5 or upgrade the PC with new GPU and other components for a lower price? Hmmmm

20. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I doubt Rockstar will ever release RDR2 DLC. They promised it for GTA V and realized how much money there was in Online, thus no DLC. There is so much more money in making online players make constant transactions than developing entire worlds of DLC (like they did for GTA IV and RDR) that us olds buy one time.