1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. marky :)

marky :) Member

Spencer Confidential(Netflix Original): 6/10

It has its funny moments but it's nothing more than background noise or for a quick brainless entertainment it does its job.

2. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Ford v Ferrari: 8.5/10

I liked this movie a lot, great story, history, and actors. It's a long movie, but didn't seem like it when we watched it. I would recommend anyone to see this...

Deckard and mikol13 like this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Captive State 2/10.

I can't believe this movie was made in 2019 it looks very dated and the plot was to say kindly convoluted.

I watched it because John Goodman and Vera Farmilgia(SP) were in it and it had a good premise.

The director also had some interesting movies in his past.

Been on a run of terrible movies lately but this was especially bad and disappointing.

I have to wonder how movies this bad get actually made with actors of this caliber.

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Will check this out it seems we have the same taste.
    I like gory movies but it has to serve the plot is that makes any sense like the original Hostel or the Thing.

I am at on jump scare unless its really out of nowhere and the music cues are not telegraphing it.

I liked MI-F and Zodiac and have been wanting to watch Gone Girl but the running time has stopped me, I think I still have in on DVR and will watch it over this social distancing time.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

I just did it, watched the Dark Pheonix and it SUCKED. There was absolutely nothing redeemable about that movie. Everything and Everyone was flat.

6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I watched Train to Bussan because everybody has been praising it.

I am totally out on everything zombie but I liked the movie overall, great acting and a pretty good story.

Nothing ground breaking but I give it 7/10.

I am a great fan of korean and japanese horror.

Can anybody reccomend movies like the original Ring or the Grudge or the one about the Cell phone?

Or something like Tale of Two Sisters, I Saw the Devil or the Host.

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Open Water - 7/10 - Not really a fun film to watch, but still pretty good.
    I can't think of much worse ways to die than the way these 2 people died.

Yesterday - 7/10 - enjoyable movie but I waited the entire time to have what happened somehow explained and it never was unless I missed it.

8. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Watched the last Star Wars (the Rise of Skywalker) last night.

That was a discombobulated mess overall. Definitely hits you in the feels several times but otherwise didn't make a ton of sense.

4/10

9. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

Midnight in Paris is probably his best in the 2000’s. You should give Blue Jasmine a try (he doesn’t act, but Cate Blanchett sure does). I was too annoyed that Norton reset Motherless Brooklyn from the 1990’s book setting to watch it at first, but we’ve been plowing through a movie a day lately, so I suppose I’ll give it a shot pretty soon.

Watched Doctor Sleep last night and really enjoyed it. I’ve seen some criticism about it being confusing (ironically from people who have read the book) in response to the attempt to blend Kubrick and King, as well as what’s the deal with the True-knots. I haven’t read the books, so I have no bias there, and I thought it was fun as hell to watch. Almost every scene is interesting and packed with detail, and the characters are usually doing cool supernatural ****. The story holds together fine, IMO and the movie and charters look great. I don’t need every mechanical detail of the supernatural elements explained—it’s a ghost movie. I might not watch it again, but it’s a 4/5.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  10. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Gone Girl is long but it's very entertaining that it doesn't feel long.

FrontRunner likes this.
  11. Asian Sensation

Not a horror but a thriller and you’ve probably seen it already but just in case. This was the first movie to pop up in my mind cause of the horrific scenes. I’m about to watch again for first time in like 10 years.

[​IMG]

daywalker02 and jiggyfly like this.
  12. Asian Sensation

Just got done watching Midsommar.

[​IMG]

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

The fact that I also kind of know how it ends has not given me inspiration.

But I will check it out over the down time.

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Don't know if I have watched it but its what I am looking for.

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

[​IMG]

This girls in it. Body fat % not high for you though I know.

;);)

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What?

I think you might have me mixed up with somebody else, not a big booty worshipper.

She is great.

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I think it's just the same avatar. my bad

jiggyfly likes this.
  18. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I read the book first and still really enjoyed the movie. You might want to wait a while, though, and try and forget what you know about it. It's not what I would call a masterpiece or 10 out of 10, but it's really, really good.

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I pretty much know the whole movie from reading stuff and podcast but I want to eventually see them play out and see the performances.

FrontRunner likes this.
  20. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't see The Joker or Parasite, but would move Ford vs Ferrari ahead of 4-7. I'm not even a race car fan, but enjoyed that movie much more than those others.