1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun the Great

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Colt45, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

We are the Browns. Might even be worse. This whole series of eventa has killed my fandom for the Texans. It's very disappointing. Literally right there on the cusp but they give the controls to an ego freak who doesn't know what he is doing and one who hasn't won anything. I can't believe I'm saying this but I miss Rick Smith. He wouldn't have traded DeAndre

TheRealist137 likes this.
  2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Wondering if someone has this; I can't get past the paywall

raining threes likes this.
  3. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

4. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Here are the parts on Watson. As for Nuk, McClain is saying it was all about not wanting to redo his contract with three years remaining.

Q: My question to you is simple: Do you think Bill O'Brien will trade Deshaun Watson? After reading some of your comments, you seem overly confident that he won't, so I'll ask you one more question: Did you have that same confidence about O'Brien not trading Hopkins before he was traded? — Rafael P.

A: I wrote a column, Rafael, asking if money would cause the Texans to trade Hopkins, so I wasn’t surprised. I was surprised O’Brien didn’t get more for him. They weren’t going to redo his deal with three years left. I guarantee you O’Brien won’t be trading Watson, the most important player on the team.

Q: If Watson and Tunsil don’t sign long-term contracts, could you see them being traded? I don’t believe they will sign. I believe most of the team is very upset with OB, especially Watson. — Glen K.

A: I agree about players being upset, especially Watson, Glen. I also believe if they pay Watson and Tunsil what they believe they’re worth, they’ll re-sign. I also know if Watson doesn’t sign, he’s got two years left on his contract, including this one, and they could franchise him for two years after that. So, they could be guaranteed of having him through the 2023 season. Tunsil’s in the last year of his contract. He could be franchised for two years. I believe O’Brien better get these deals done.

zeeshan2 likes this.
  5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Only key takeaways from the article

1. Pancakes not surprised they traded Hopkins, but surprised they got so little value
    2. He hasn't talked to O'Brien about the trade, O'Brien has not talked to anyone about the trade.
    3. He thinks that if they give Watson/Tunsil deals that they think they are worth, they'll re-sign
    4. the mcnairs are aware of how the fanbase feels about O'brien

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

June 2019:

7. Juxtaposed Jolt

You're trying your hardest to defend what you have to say, and replying to most of the people who are disagreeing with you. Of course you give a damn, otherwise you wouldn't be so up in arms.

Using Brady and Gostkowski or anyone from the Pats' organization is a bad example because that team always found a way to stay relevant with Brady at the helm. Had Moss on your team but he left? Pats still relevant. Malcolm Butler, superbowl MVP left the team? Pats still relevant. Had arguably the best TE (Gronk) in the game, at the time, retire in his prime? Pats stayed relevant.

There is absolutely nothing, at this point in time, that would make Watson consider staying in Houston. Sure, the Texans control him or whatever, but as soon as Watson is allowed to engage with other teams, there's no reason why he would waste his prime in this organization, throwing to Cobb or Johnson. All while still being GM'd and coached by BoB.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Watson decided to diva up and sit out for a period of time. And you know what? No one would blame him.

Pringles and YOLO like this.
  8. Juxtaposed Jolt

He's scared of the media. Guaranteed.

9. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

Nevermind...

The rips are already happening.

10. htownbball

htownbball Member

Would you trade Deshaun for all 3 Miami first round picks?

11. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

so you will get your picks back :(

12. htownbball

htownbball Member

Pretty much. If Deshaun wants out, and Miami somehow gets Tua without having to trade up, would you do it?

13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

That was before Russell Westbrook became available....AND wanted to come to Houston.

14. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

nah man.. im sticking with Deshaun and firing Bill Obrien if Watson wants out.

15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

CLUELESS. Athletes do not act like that. You do realize.....Hopkins is ONE player. Watson is not going to go off the deep end for for Hopkins, sorry. Sure, he was upset....but he will get over it. I am sure Watson has talked to O'Brien.

16. DCRocket

DCRocket Member

You’re sure? Just like you were sure BoB didn’t deserve all the flak?

17. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Watson needs to leave now and save what could be a brilliant career. Save yourself Deshaun!

18. raining threes

In a heartbeat.

I would trade him for Mia 2020 1st/3rd and 2021 1st/2nd.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

20. blackistan

blackistan Member

But he snaps at reporters when they ask him questions about messed up play calls or even simple (dumb) decisions he’s made in a game and now in this case if it were to happen about the horrible trade he made.