1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

How long till the breaker triggers? I say 3 seconds

CCity Zero likes this.
  2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

*EDIT* : oops, wrong thread.

#8862 Dr of Dunk, Mar 23, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  3. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

So on RH you can daytrade w/o limit of 3 trades per 5 days at 25k+ Account, if you start getting a big account it would probably be a good idea to have another trading site though, I was actually going to check on a few different sites this week.

Like Webull for example (I haven't personally used nor signed up/researched), but it allows for pre-market trades, I've heard good and bad things, but trading pre-market would be huge, for example MEDS has gone up $3 in pre-market this morning. Pre-market isn't always perfect or guarantees a gap up but it can be useful to move ahead of market. I was going to check on a few other spots that offer this though, because RH while I like the interface is only 830am to 5pm etc.

On TIVX be careful and watch closely this morning. I haven't done ETN but it doesn't have to follow trends as quickly and can play different -
    https://www.investopedia.com/articl...s-daily-2x-vix-shortterm-etn-who-invested.asp

I have seen mentions of rebuying dip, but it's down at the moment pre-market. I'm not in it at all but will let you know if I do, make sure you watch it though could still be a good play but might see harsh dip before gains (so could avg down/Re-buy lower) - again I haven't researched a ton on it so if you have just be careful. Feds are also really messing things up this morning. - with that said it's going up slightly from dip, just watch it carefully

Another one I'm looking at this morning is DWT.

RKREBORN likes this.
  4. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

NOVN - short play, might be dangerous to enter late late, but watch it - basically follow the news type thing

5. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

So the Fed today basically said it would spend unlimited money to make sure the markets work. That should be signal that while we may not be at a bottom for equities, it should really take a lot of the panic out of the bond markets.

6. Agent94

Agent94 Member

The problem isn't liquidity, this isn't 2008. The fed can't do much more to inject cash into the economy. Money is basically free at this point.
    The problem is the economy has shut down, people are losing jobs and no one is spending money on non-essentials. Congress is working on a stimulus and that will give the markets a short term boost with the good news, but the underlying problem is the same. Until the virus goes away, millions will be unemployed, thousands of businesses will go under and no one will spend money.

#8866 Agent94, Mar 23, 2020
    CCity Zero likes this.
  7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It will also make the U.S. Dollar the new Peso. Get ready for serious inflation.

8. Supermac34

Liquidity in the bond market has been an issue

CCity Zero likes this.
  9. Supermac34

The US dollar is the safe haven of the world and inflation will be minimal.

RKREBORN likes this.
  10. astros123

astros123 Member

@CCity Zero

This etf is money bro. I'm up close to 80% in two days :D . Regional banks will collapse.

CCity Zero likes this.
  11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

On the bright side not too many more 1000 point drop days are possible anymore!

CCity Zero and Kim like this.
  12. Supermac34

I'm all in when we go to 0! Great buys at that price.

13. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Very nice move! Just keep an eye on everything but I think you're very safe atm on this play, should be great gains.

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

lol. that got a laugh out of me.

Boeing has worked out so far. Probably about to sell it. For some reason I picked up KO (coke) this morning. Up about 3-4%. Im doing as well or better the last month while everything has been dropping than I had the month before.

CCity Zero likes this.
  15. Agent94

Agent94 Member

I'm not sure if this stimulus will pass, but I sold my short positions just in case.

Edit: Bought it back. I was hoping these guys would get something done, but of course they didn't.

#8875 Agent94, Mar 23, 2020
  16. Supermac34

It'll pass. The more news that comes out that Pelosi basically derailed the whole thing with a bunch of political demands is going to make it harder to hold onto those demands. The Senate HAD a deal worked out...both sides, and then she flew in and dropped a bomb on the whole thing.

The question is WHEN it passes...today...tomorrow...or Wednesday.

CCity Zero likes this.
  17. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, the stimulus news is really making things interesting...

18. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

So if the stimulus passes, will all stocks shoot up? I'm having trouble understanding the potential ramifications

19. Agent94

Agent94 Member

I'm listening to the vote and after it was done, McConnell said they would not be able to vote again until Friday due to this vote. So I guess Pelosi got what she wanted, because it looks like the bill has to come from the house now.

20. Agent94

Agent94 Member

It's 2 trillions dollars, so it might make a dent for a couple days. I'm still pessimistic for the long term.

RKREBORN and CCity Zero like this.