1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. omgTHEpotential

[​IMG]

CCorn, Surfguy, CCity Zero and 4 others like this.
  2. malakas

malakas Member

In time? On 9 March hundreds of thousands of northerners escaped to the rest of the country to "escape the Milano quarantine" after it was leaked to the press.
    That's the reason the PM was forced to put the whole country in quarantine the next day.
    Even if the rest of Italy was 2 weeks behind the north with hundreds of thousands of people escaping with all means of transport now the virus has been everywhere.

Today is 21 March. 12 days later.
    We will see what happens but I am very afraid in the next 3 days the daily deaths will surpass 1000.

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

FLORIDA MAN ARRESTED FOR FELONY THEFT OF 66 ROLLS OF TOILET PAPER FROM HOTEL

Inamate - "What you in for cuh?"

Florida man Esteban - "A buncha sh*t"

4. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Have the Southern parts of Italy seen the explosion of people checking into the hospitals in the last 5-7 days? Honest question.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Even after looking at the situation through rose colored glasses... the data, numbers and case studies - as they are - are dire. They demonstrate failure by the health system. And the economy is in the dumper. As Trump said, "its baaaaad, it's baaaaad, it's bad" lulz. We shouldn't have to pretend to be optimistic about this thing.

There is data & case studies out there that also indicate pessimists come out better during times of crisis (like war, relationships and work) than optimists

Trying to downplay what's going on is dangerous IMO. At least while we're in this initial moment of uncertainty in the US.

I prefer everyone be scared shitless. Chances are less people will die that way.

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Is your friend @HP3?

daywalker02 and mikol13 like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I read about Kaletra a couple of weeks ago because China had used it when they were trying to find anything to stop the infections. They originally had said it wasn't effective or consistently effective, but I did see this article the other day about it :
    https://www.fiercepharma.com/pharma...lso-works-covid-19-maybe-not-nejm-study-finds

Yung-T and malakas like this.
  9. malakas

malakas Member

I do not know.
    The average time to enter the hospital would be 5 - 7+ 4 = 9 - 11 days after infection so 10 March + 9 -11 days = 19 to 21 March.
    But the mayor of Bari 2 days ago was forced to go on the streets and parks chasing and literally begging people who were breaking the quarantine.

The quarantine in Italy is no way anything near Wuhan.
    The main law breakers are teenagers and old grandpas.

People are queing up in the supermarkets finding a chance to chat, "exercise" which ends up with grandpas sitting on benches, teenagers taking "take out" all factories are still working.
    That's why the north is now deciding to bring the army in the streets and close down everything except supermarkets and BAN exercise.

CCity Zero, Miracle and Yung-T like this.
  10. malakas

malakas Member

Nice.
    Here hydroxychloroqinue from what every official is saying does not work well. The one that works so far is Remdesivir.

I don't know if they are lying on purpose because tons of housewives went 2 days ago to the apothecary to buy chloroqinue

CCity Zero, Yung-T and robbie380 like this.
  11. malakas

malakas Member

Meanwhile in Hungary with the excuse of the coronavirus Orban is attempting to enforce a dictatorship.

"Because a lot of MPs may fall ill, all the authority must pass to the government to make decisions on its own for the next 2 years"
    Also everyone who is found to spread fake information will be imprisoned for 5 years.

Of course the one who will judge what kind of information is fake news isn't the scientists but Orban.

:rolleyes:

HP3 likes this.
  12. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just happen to have hydroxychloroquine, remdesivir, and azithromycin on hand from BC (before coronavirus). I feel like I won the lottery or found a store shelf full of toilet paper or something.

The antimalarials are super attractive to politicians because they are cheap and plentiful. Even if it doesnt work, they'll give them out to the masses like candy and keep the scarce antivirals for themselves. If they dont work for you you won't be around to complain. If you survive they'll take credit.

There's no way they can make enough remdesivir to give it to all the proles. They'll keep the limited supply for themselves and their rich friends.

#3512 Ottomaton, Mar 21, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
    CCity Zero, Hakeemtheking and malakas like this.
  13. HP3

HP3 Member

Facts and statistics are for nerds bro they arent based in reality, wether that's in basketball or real life. Social distancing is for people who've never lived life before in real life. You are my friend who showed me this. You're a big brain hero. :D

Going outside right now is the equivalent of a mid range shot, we need to be doing more of them.

14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

He said that they saw no improvements with Remdesivir.

CCity Zero and malakas like this.
  15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I'm glad to see you're doing ok. Do you even live in Houston bro?

HP3 likes this.
  16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I, of course, have no clue what will/won't work...

but this dude's channel is GREAT.

https://www.youtube.com/user/MEDCRAMvideos/videos

A very concise and nice job of talking you through what might or might not work and why. He has one on chloroquine specifically that goes into detail on the science behind it - basically chloroquine acts as a gateway opener in the outer membrane of cells which allows more Zinc to get inside the cells, and the Zinc then blocks the mechanism by which the virus/COVID creates enzymes duplicating the virus and allowing it to spread within the body. From a logic perspective it all makes a ton of sense - but of course the full science and studies aren't there yet...

robbie380 likes this.
  17. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Where can I get one of what this guy is wearing (from the film "Contagion")? It looks homemade. Hmm.

[​IMG]

18. likestohypeguy

Congrats bro, hope you live

19. likestohypeguy

WTF I along with everyone else just rewatched this movie, and didn't notice... who is this actor? I swear to god he looks like me, my heart skipped a beat when I saw myself.

20. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Jude Law

likestohypeguy likes this.