1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who will outlast who in Houston?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DaBeard, Mar 17, 2020.

?

Who will be with the Texans organization longer?

1. Bill O'Brien

71.4%
  2. Deshaun Watson

28.6%
  1. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

I was debating this with a friend earlier. Given the fact that BOB has complete control of every aspect of the Houston Texans organization and Deshaun Watson is the best QB in franchise history and probably top 5 QB right now who will be with the Texans organization longer?

2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

BOB is only 50, he could easily coach 20-25 more years.

3. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

If bob is here longer than deshaun it’ll be the first time in my life I will actively root against a team from my home town.

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I do see Cal coming to his senses in 2-3 years after the Texans are the worst team in the NFL for consecutive seasons with no draft picks. Of course it would have been 7 years too late by then, but he will finally fire BoB.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

anticipating Watson leaving this dumpster one way or the other, sooner rather than later

rightfully so

Jake Tower and CRJ713 like this.
  6. CRJ713

CRJ713 Member

Watson will leave soon.

7. blackistan

blackistan Member

Idk how after this trade folks like yourself are still able to root for this team

Sajan likes this.
  8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Only 2 reasons at this point.....Deshaun and JJ. That's it.

waytookrzy079 and msn like this.
  9. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I can see A bunch of scenarios happening b4 BoB eventual firing

1) BoB flez his big ego and get rid of watson for another sht trade
    2) watson forces a trade after getting sht on for the next few seasons
    3) watson sustain serious career ending injuries due to incompetent team built by gm/hc

If that chief game didnt get BoB fired, i figured he has a longer leash than watson.

arabrocket likes this.
  10. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Because breaking ranks with my city’s football team goes against every instinct in my core being. It’s like disowning a family member. It takes multiple stabs in the back before I can walk away. I don’t want to go back to the wandering in the wilderness without a team to root for like when the oilers left. It’s either a Houston team or no team at all and I hope bill doesn’t push me to make that decision.

[​IMG]

raining threes likes this.
  11. krmclaughlin

krmclaughlin Member

**** O'Brien. The ego of this guy who's accomplished nothing in the league is ridiculous. Trading the best WR in the league because you had some disagreements? And for NEGATIVE VALUE in return? Inexcusable. And that's on top of all the other dumb **** he's done (ie faking a punt up 21 in your own territory, overpaying in every other trade he's made, etc).

Hopkins put the team in his back so many times, covered up for BOB's dumbass schemes, played injured for us in the playoffs, and gave back to the city. And we trade him for nothing. It's unfathomable.

Wouldn't even blame Watson if he wants to leave. Almost hope he does, for his own sake.

Until we have new people making the decisions, I'm out as a Texans fan.

Fulgore and TheRealist137 like this.
  12. raining threes

Top 5 QB?

Not last yr.

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Even with one of the best young QBs and top 5 overall in Watson, the offense still sucked.

14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I've accepted that if BOB hasn't been fired by now, he may never be. One argument with Watson and he'll be gone, apparently.