1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans trade DeAndre Hopkins to Arizona

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Mar 16, 2020.

1. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Blame O'Brien all you want, but this is on Cal McNair. Even his father wouldn't let BOB run crazy with this much power over his organization.

2. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Agreed? At least the dumb Clowney trade came at a time when there might have been pressure to get something done for the season and after Clowney had been shopped around.

It really doesn't feel like the Texans shopped Hopkins at all. Even more than the Clowney trade, it feels like O'Brien just wanted to get rid of the guy.

3. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Hopkins is such a special talent. FML

DVauthrin and conquistador#11 like this.
  4. House Rockets

House Rockets Member

I don't think i've ever seen a coach lose the locker room during the off season. I have been scrolling through the Texans players tweets and all of them have been negative.

Richie_Rich, gatsby, bcast89 and 4 others like this.
  5. conquistador#11

That's exactly what happened. It's a trend with wannabee Bilichicks. Every player is going to want to renegotiate their contracts especially when they're all pros. Happens all the times. But Billly Boy can't handle that. In doing that, O'brian comes off just as bad/ petty as what he's fighting against, "worker bees"
    Fooooking Billy boyyys.
    (insert gif of Arthur from Peaky Blinders here)

#385 conquistador#11, Mar 16, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
  6. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Guys, lets calm down. David Johnson is going to fail his physical, void the trade, and BOB is gonna get fired for the embarassment. McNair actually told BOB to do the trade so that all of this would happen. Part of an elaborate plot to have a reason to fire BOB. (Im switching to delirious dreams to take away from the truth)

7. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Eff the Houston sports gods.

8. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have a hard time getting mad at Cal. He was so clearly out of his depth and eclipsed by his daddy's shadow.

He didn't to take over and try to GM/micromanage everything himself, he put all the trust in the last guy daddy trusted. He's doing the best he can with his limited candle power.

O'Brien is the genuine villain for taking advantage of the kid on the short bus. At the moment I'm done with this franchise until BoB is gone. That may change when actual football rolls around, but that is how I feel today. Maybe I will care again at some point, but I really want to not care.

The Real Shady likes this.
  9. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I’ll continue to root for DeAndre Hopkins, no matter what uniform he’s wearing. The ESPN story on him and his mom was one of the most heartwarming, touching pieces I’ve ever seen.

10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

****ing O'Brien. Fire this mother****er already.

Fulgore, mikol13 and conquistador#11 like this.
  11. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Yeah and so what. Is OB going to trade all of the Texans most talented players because of friction?

OB has got to go. He thinks he’s BB and he’s not even remotely close to it.

While we are at it, how about Cal sells the team. He’s proving to be incompetent.

#391 mikol13, Mar 16, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
  12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you might be right. taking away your QB's top target for a running back makes no sense.
    And it's not like they got Derick Henry. They got a running back on the decline.

13. Fantasma Negro

He had an ankle injury that caused him to miss two games. One game he was a healthy scratch, played in a rb carousel for thirteen games started nine. Kingsbury was running three backs with Drake getting the most carries

14. edwardc

edwardc Member

Looks like your going nuts

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

From the worst day in Texans franchise history to the best day. Oh what a dream that would be if that happened.

houstonstime likes this.
  16. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Literally the only thing BOB had been praised for (by defenders and haters alike) was the fact that the locker room loved him. He just flushed that down the toilet.

17. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

You know what they say about meeting 100 assholes

18. oelman44

oelman44 Member

At work so don't have time to catch up on the pulse of this thread, but am I the only one that has never been this angry at one of our teams before? It's just infuriating for so many reasons. We have somebody who is a huge narcissist, has a massive temper and has no talent with almost dictatorial control over our franchise. And the timing? Sports are canceled for the next months, and this is the bone the Texans throw us?

I hope enough fans decide to boycott the season that McNair notices. This is absolutely ridiculous and unacceptable. I think the average poster on this board could net better assets back for Jadaveon and Deandre, at least b/c teams won't know we're 'rage-trading' a player w/ no leverage.

Such incompetence. So disappointing. I've never thought this was possible, but I may stop being a fan of this team until BOB is gone.

joshuaao likes this.
  19. rhino17

rhino17 Member

When your coach prevents you from keeping elite talent, it’s time to kick him to the curb

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

he was running 3 backs bc DJ couldn't stay healthy and was playing absolutely horrible. they brought in several rb's bc of this when DJ starting picking up all these injuries. then drake came along

JayGoogle likes this.