1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Prepper Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rimrocker, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

f Dick's

academy has 20 bucks off 100 and way better shoe selection

dachuda86 and arkoe like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

the amount of panic buying that is going on by all these idiots is so pathetic

ROCKSS and B-Bob like this.
  3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

People know everyone will panic buy and this creates a self fulfilling prophecy. It's the new bit coin. I can't wait to see people who are planning to sell it fail.

4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Dicks is a pretty bad company too.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

None the less they have plenty of ammo.

Academy looked like HEB two days ago.

6. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I am glad I read this thread when it started and bought the things on the list. While I did get one mask, the others are on back order. My MRE's are on back order as well, but should be here in late april / early may. If not, no big deal.

Our office is doing a voluntary WFH, and while I prefer to be in the office, I will probably comply later this week...

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

#267 daywalker02, Mar 18, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
    Nook and Mazulis like this.
  8. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

If I have a six pack of a brand that claims that one of their rolls is equal to four regular rolls, do I enter that as six rolls or twenty four?

Thanks in advance.

9. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

Do you have internet access? :D

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

And hurting lots of other folks

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

yeah, friend, comply now.

jcf likes this.
  12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Somehow, I missed seeing this thread. I always check out @rimrocker's posts if I spot them. That I could miss a thread of his is a mystery to me. I might have learned something soon enough to do at least some good. Toilet paper and paper towels. Both have seemingly vanished from the face of the earth. That, and tissues. I bet Fatty has a year's supply of toilet paper in his garage, dammit. I can substitute old kitchen towels for certain things, for parking some veal cutlets just out of the pan, for instance, but toilet paper? Not out, butt not flush, either.

;-)

rimrocker likes this.
  13. Buck Turgidson

Pretty good cell service at the main compound, but really good up on the hills in the guard towers where you would be.

VooDooPope and Deji McGever like this.
  14. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I'm a good shot and can be there in 45 mins in my self contained survival vehicle.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  15. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

oIjDlT.gif

#275 Ottomaton, Mar 19, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
  16. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

If your mom had a compromised immune system and would you want her to go to the grocery store once a week or once a month? I just recently started to empathize with this train of thought. Whispers of this lasting 12 months? This virus will likely spread more at grocery stores and hospitals then next few weeks than anywhere else. It's getting exponentially more dangerous to go to the grocery store.

I have to go tomorrow and I plan on getting a decent amount of frozen food and other food that keeps. I honestly don't want to have to go back again until this dies down. I know I'm not as bad as others, but if our news tells us we may have to be afraid of being in public for 12 months or even quarantined, then I want to ensure my survival and comfort. I don't condone hoarding but with all this uncertainty, we really don't know what degree hoarding is because we don't know what the next 12 months will look like.

The real solution for everyone would be for the government to basically take over the grocery stores. The stores should even hire extra people to clean and sack online orders 24 hours a day. There should be a sanitizing checkpoint for all groceries on a conveyor where it gets heated or cooled or treated with a laser. Someone smarter than me should be in charge of sanitizing because I don't really know what is effective, but surely something temperature or possibly laser light related could work.

There would be lines of cars and plenty of social distancing. All that is pretty drastic, I know, but for starters start selling toilet paper, paper towels and hand sanitizer behind the store outside, at drive through setup only, like girl scout cookies. Maybe change the prices to make everything come to even dollar amounts, and disinfect all the cash afterwards. That would at least prevent millions of sick Americans from entering a store only to find out the arrived for nothing because they can't get those sold out items. I'm sure many more things will be the "new" toilet paper by next week or month.

B-Bob likes this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

18. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I bought two bidets on Amazon last year. I absolutely loved them after getting used to them. Maybe 1 roll a month. Now I'm VERY happy. I couldn't find meat anywhere for a week. Called a butcher shop near work and they were stocked up. Loaded up, filled the freezer and it's all fresh not processed. Plus it's so much cheaper and there was only one person in there buying. My secret!

19. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Its the EM50, an urban assault vehicle.

Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual. But now I know why I have always lost women to guys like you. I mean, it's not just the uniform. It's the stories that you tell. So much fun and imagination.

[points to the soldier next to him]

Lee Harvey, you are a madman. When you stole that cow, and your friend tried to make it with the cow. I want to party with you, cowboy. If the two of us together, forget it. I'm gonna go out on a limb here. I'm gonna volunteer my leadership to this platoon. An army without leaders is like a foot without a big toe. And Sergeant Hulka isn't always gonna be here to be that big toe for us. I think that we owe a big round of applause to our newest, bestest buddy, and big toe... Sergeant Hulka.

Buck Turgidson and arkoe like this.
  20. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Yeah, the government will provide the efficiency we need! LOL

(Like where you are coming from but disagree)