1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Does James Harden need to re-brand himself?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hikanoo49, Mar 3, 2020.

?

Does James Harden need to re-brand himself?

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. No

43 vote(s)
    71.7%
  3. Maybe so

5 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

Yes. But it doesn't need to be that way

We can still fix the problem

2. jowman

jowman Member

Rockets are leaders and trendsetters not followers. Why conform to be liked when it’ll have the opposite effect. Embrace the hate and villain role and people(even the morons) will eventually catch on when it becomes trendy to be a rockets fan.

He just needs to win. Being genuine and winning beats being a poser like Giannis any day. If not then humanity is in for some dark times.

D-rock likes this.
  3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, he needs to win a championship

4. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

That doesn't even make sense. Just because a company employs mostly african americans doesn't mean it can't still be racist. What type of whitewashing are you believing? I mean, we are talking about a league where highly skilled African American millionaires make less skilled old white guys billionaires...and let's not forget Donald Sterling was openly racist and was only forced out of the league(finally) just over 5 years ago. Even the Steph example you gave is a good example of what I'm talking about. How is a story about a wealthy kid growing up with every privilege afforded to him somehow more compelling than guys like Lebron who came from a broken home and had serious adversity to overcome to not end up a victim of the ghetto - let alone the greatest athlete of his generation? You can choose to keep your head in the sand about it because maybe that's more comfortable to you, but I can assure you race and class are very relevant data points to how the league is covered and how the league is marketed.

D-rock likes this.
  5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Harden needs to just be himself... I think he has been trying too hard to brand and it's just not his strength. People who hate on him usually cry about fouls... OK? Tell your teams to play defense instead of fouling.... they are intentionally doing it.

6. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

These players are the .001% in terms of income. They are worshipped by fans and get to travel around the country on private planes to play a game they love. All skin colors are treated equally.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Fix your problems first.

Blurr#7 likes this.
  8. alethios

alethios Member

No, people need to change their views of Harden. He is who he is and I'm fine with that.

9. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

The only way to rebrand himself at this point in his career is to shave his beard, settle down and sign with Nike.

10. StrawberryJamm

I'll bite. There's always been an argument that he's not the best player in the NBA, there's never been an argument that he's not the most innovative. That's been his brand to me, possibly the most creative scorer in league history finding imbalances, year after year and inventing moves to exploit them. I think his brain is his best attribute, not his step back 3, and that's what he needs to go to.

11. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

"Rebrand" is code name for shave. Indeed Harden does need to shave or rebrand as the question is phrased!