1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wilder v Fury ll

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by tmoney1101, Feb 22, 2020.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

It might take a while for Wilder to recover... and once he does he should probably go for a couple of easy matches to up his confidence again.

Tyson has to fight, Joshua is the obvious choice, I'd love to see a tubby boi fight against Ruiz, but that's not fair to Josh.

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Just watched the right, holy sh** that was a bloodbath.

No one can stop Fury in this shape, we saw how a 40+yr old Klitschko, shell of his former self, nearly ended Joshua.

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

And how tub o lard Andy Ruiz KO'd him then partied his ass off but still made Joshua ride his bike for 12 rounds in the rematch. Joshua has 2 mandatory fights and his team will do everything to prolong any fight with Fury so I'm not expecting anything for close to two years.

Yung-T likes this.
  4. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I like Anthony Joshua. He took a pic with me and my son. Seemed genuinely nice.

[​IMG]

(in the background: the richest man in Saudi Arabia - I believe this was when the first steps were made towards arranging the fight in Saudi against Ruiz)

Yung-T and ThatBoyNick like this.
  5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Damn 6'6 240 Joshua ain't got **** in ATW.

And I didn't know Ron Jeremy was the richest man in Saudi Arabia, I guess they had to drill those oil holes somehow, neat!

Sajan, AroundTheWorld and Yung-T like this.
  6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

ATW needs to buff up and start boxing or MMA.
    Age is just a number. :oops:

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  7. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

lol

Joshua has all the belts besides what fury has.

they should fight in the UK and if they do they’ll both make 75-100m each.

I love Wilder after I heard his story ya raven years ago before he won his WBC title.

But anyone that really watches a lot of boxing saw this coming.

fury was just the guy to do it.

the puncher always finds his match at some point.

wilder has been down on points in both Ortiz fights the first fury fight before the 12th round Knockdown and now this fight he got completely destroyed.

Fury is also just a special fighter no shame in losing to him I don’t anyone beats him he’s only 31.

wilder is almost 35, he’s to old to teach him new tricks he is what he is.

imo I would be shocked if he ever won another title.

he should go for money fights he’s still the 3rd biggest draw in the heavyweight division and one of the 5-6 biggest draws across all weights.

but he won’t beat fury and I don’t think he can beat AJ either.

AJ is only 30 and is just a much more skilled boxer.

and all jokes aside his resume is a lot better than wilder and fury but I still think Fury beats AJ.

Fury really is special it just depends how long he wants to keep fighting that will determine if he is remembered as one of the alltime greats or just the most talented of his era.

generalthade_03 likes this.
  8. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

no kidding AJ is a freak athlete.

and ATW is correct he is a very nice person.

if AJ was American he would be huge here. He’s the complete package in and out of the ring.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Holy ****

I just read that Tyson Fury was born 3 months premature, weighing only 1 pound... that is astonishing... from that to a 6'9 boxing champion is a seriously amazing story.

VanityHalfBlack and Yung-T like this.
  11. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

I’ve been waiting for a post like this, real talk. The Windmill fangirls in this thread are so nauseating. Anybody knows anything about boxing knows that Chicken legs is a protected and flawed fighter. He is the most hyped and embarrassing WBC belt holder, he held that belt hostage for 5 long years by fighting tomato cans and Uber drivers. Now he comes up with all sorts of excuses why he lost after he said no excuses, it was the 40 pound black history month costume with the car batteries that made his chicken legs go jelly, it was Mark Breland throwing in the towel too soon, it was issues in his training camp, it was domestic issues in his household...etc. No wonder Dillian Whyte was laughing hysterically when asked what he thought about Wilder and the fight. There will be no need for a third fight, he only won 3 out of 20 rounds for the 2 fights so why do you think a trilogy is necessary? Boxing and heavyweight boxing in particular are finally alive and healthy again after this fraud is exposed. We as fight fans always want to see the best possible match ups and a unified champion. We don’t have to deal with this embarrassing clowns and his racebaiting, moronic fanbase anymore, free at last, free at last.

Yung-T likes this.
  12. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I wouldn’t call Wilder a fraud outside of DW he’s caught everyone he was supposed too. Blame more on Mauricio the guy makes the WBC look like a joke and it’s a Great belt.

franchise champion for canelo and loma? That’s stupid.... and imo there worthy of being the 2 best p4p fighters in the world but they both need to be fighting the best, and they largely do but I think you get my point.

I’ve openly said many times boxing is my favorite sport I love it.

but the promoters the providers and the organizations need to work together to get the best fighting the best and everyone will make money.

all these fighters came up in the mayweather era. They think losing your 0 is a career killer.

It’s screwed up the fighters and the fight game.

last weekend was fun for boxing but we need more of it.

Conor McGregor is still bringing more ppv buys for a non title fight against cowboy. And I like Conor he’s entertaining he’s mastered the promotion aspect of the fight business ppl buy to see him lose. When you get those buys your at the top. Belts don’t matter anymore.

mayweather and Conor figure that out and their filthy rich.

this fight should have hit atleast 1.3m buys and it did I think 850k which is a nice start.

but we gotta do better as boxing fans.

I’ll talk the rockets all day but anyone around here wants to talk boxing I’m always down for that.

I’m actually glad you responded nobody ever responds when I talk boxing.

generalthade_03 likes this.
  13. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Finally got to watch this fight. Fury was a man on a mission. Completely dominated. Really impressive and his journey has been one for the books.

Wilder needs a new corner team they just looked incompetent throughout the fight

VanityHalfBlack and Yung-T like this.
  14. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Boxing has always been my first love, I boxed when I was in the USAF.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member