1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does anyone still doubt we get the two seed (at minimum)....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Feb 23, 2020.

1. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Does he?
    I mean I've been promised some of this Plowman crow on numerous occasions - but have yet to actually see any served...

Little Bit likes this.
  2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I think the win difference between DEN, UTA, LAC, HOU will be so close that seeding won't really be too representative of who is "better." All 4 teams could end up within 2 wins of each other.

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Avoid nothing, attack everything.

You cannot control injuries, you can control effort and winning attitude.

Play to win every game, F seedings, F the opponent.

They need to adjust to us, Rockets just have to do what they do. 5 out lights out shooting and switch everything smothering disruptive defense.

coyotetex likes this.
  4. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Totally agreed. I'd rather have homecourt advantage and avoid the Lakers early on though, which means we should be aiming for the 2nd seed.

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I mean... I still doubt it.
    Doesn’t mean it’s not possible... just that if I was putting odds on who the #2 seed will be, I’d have LAC and Den ahead of HOU right now.

clearly the odds have tightened though with both those teams on losing streaks.

kjayp likes this.
  6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Green and Carroll and RoCo oh my
    Green and Carroll and RoCo oh my!
    Green and Carroll and RoCo oh my!!
    Green and Carroll and RoCo oh my!!!

I absolutely love this squad. Brodie brings joy to every game. If we win it all, this team will have its place cemented in history books like very few ever could. The whole legend of basketball is that the team with the best big guy wins it all and we roll out a 6'5" center who scores 7 points a game and tell the other teams to bring it if they dare. And we mean it. We go out there and know we're probably gonna **** you up because our 6'5 center is better than yours. He's gonna out play your center even though your center is gonna have more points, more rebounds, more blocks.. PJ's still gonna have the last laugh.

That's the kind of joke that only The Joker would tell.

[​IMG]

7. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

Watching them last night you could see how well they are gelling. Roco fits perfect. There is no denying westbeast and beard have chemistry and love playing together. The bench is deep and everyone knows their roles now. Their defense is solid and improving. I think the last team people would want to face in the playoffs is Houston. It’s a great time for us and I would not be surprised if we get the top seed, second seed for sure.

#47 Poonwalker, Feb 23, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  8. Rocketsfan3422

We have won 2 games since all-star break. I appreciate the optimism...but damn.

RocketRed4life, D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Can't wait to see our approach to the NY Knicks tomorrow. I'm feeling it will be really aggressive.

Rocket River, D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  10. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

NBA radio has been telling me we are just shuffling chairs on the titanic.
    :rolleyes:

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I like our chances, @Plowman. I really do, That’s as far as I can go, however. Don’t want to mess with our juju. The good juju is flowing now. We just need to stay healthy. Appendages crossed!

Os Trigonum, jcf, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  12. buffalobills!!!

Rockets hate only started when Dwight jettisoned the Lakers for the Rockets

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

There have only been two games since the all-star break.

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  14. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

That all sounds good from a rah rah motivational point... but I'd rather we employ some thought process to our approach... lol

Some injuries will happen regardless of circumstance... like Ryan Anderson cutting his thumb on his garbage... but load management can have a real impact on staying healthy and having fresh legs - which is more important than seeding or winning a couple random reg season games... I've always chided MDA for too great an emphasis on regular season greatness - as opposed to the bigger picture of the post season and championship aspirations...

That whole "They need to adjust to us, Rockets just have to do what they do." is the epitome of the shortsighted stubborn attitude I've berated MDA for having... You gotta always be adjusting on the fly and altering to maximize opportunities as they come up... We've got an upper level team and having a game plan and then just rolling the ball out will work a good % of the time in the regular season - but some games are more like chess matches that require constant reaction to your opponents moves... knowhutimean... lol

Idk man... no offense... but I kinda get the felling yer playin for cheap n easy 'likes' at this point... I noticed you've been at the top of that list lately... or are you just punching my buttons on MDA? lol ;)

harold bingo and hakeem94 like this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

I truly believe it. Caution makes no sense. Playing it safe/not to get hurt or manipulating seedings is soft and most often backfires.

Have to maintain edge and winning mentality or will lose trust of your best players like Russ and Harden.

Russ plays at 100 mph on the court and Harden loves hooping so much that he will play hurt. MDA loves playing wide open, fast, faster and fastest.

It is unhealthy to curtail the natural traits and character of the team. It's like playing football, if you do not go 100% then 100% guarantee you will get hurt.

It is always best to play to your nature than against it. If we are going to be champions, then the sooner we start thinking and acting like we are the better.

Play for the 1st seed, let chips fall where they may.

#55 D-rock, Feb 23, 2020
  16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Haters. Is Eddie "Late Life Crisis" Johnson still on there?

thedreamsteam and D-rock like this.
  17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Haters. Is Eddie "Late Life Crisis" Johnson still on there?

18. Rocketsfan3422

We have won every game so far since all-star break.

D-rock likes this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

WOW THAT WAS INSIGHTFULL

D-rock likes this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Thanks, it was heartfelt.

@kjayp might believe it's for "likes" but far from it. Never been one to care what others think.

May appear that I shoot from the hip but I am just being honest, sometimes brutally so.

#60 D-rock, Feb 23, 2020
    bongman and hakeem94 like this.