1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Jazz 2/22/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 21, 2020.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Let’s hope for the best.

D-rock likes this.
  2. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Lol roco owned him

3. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

You know russ is happy when he is smiling and laughing with the media....easy money :D:D keep doing you brodie

4. saleem

Yes, indeed.

ryano2009 likes this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

"Obviously it didn't work, but teams are going to have to try guarding different things," said Harden, who had 38 points on 13-of-23 shooting and seven assists. "If they want to have Rudy Gobert out there, then they've got to find out who he's going to guard."

The Rockets are used to facing unique defensive schemes. Harden is frequently doubled as far as 40 feet from the basket as opponents try to force the ball out of his hands, a tactic that has become less effective as Westbrook has become more comfortable with after an offseason in which he underwent arthroscopic knee surgery and switched teams after spending the previous 11 seasons with the Oklahoma City Thunder.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...ok-scores-34-points-being-guarded-rudy-gobert

6. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

After our last buzzerbeater loss against the Jazz, old man Bill Simmons tried to say the Jazz "figured out" the small ball Rockets. Rockets would be 3-0 if it weren't for that miracle ass shot. **** the Jazz and **** Bill Simmons/Ryan Russillo who got his hand so far up his ass like a ****ing puppet. Boston b****es.

7. bj3175

bj3175 Member

I love the guy but he is. He gives that look when he messes up and it's obvious

D-rock and saleem like this.
  8. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Westbrook was 5-of-9 in the restricted area Saturday night. Of those five baskets, the only one that came off a drive out of a half-court set, happened when Gobert was off the floor. Westbrook finished over the Gobert after grabbing an offensive rebound, had a pair of dunks in transition and caught an alley-oop from Harden when he cut backdoor behind the Jazz big man -- a highlight that happened immediately after a trash talk exchange with a fan sitting courtside.

"Before the oop, the guy was telling me, 'Shoot the 3! Shoot the 3! Gobert's the best defensive player in the league,'" Westbrook said. "I said, 'OK, OK,' and while he was talking, I went backdoor. It happened that quick."

9. 9baller

9baller Member

10. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

It’s no crime to be wrong, but issuing such definitive comments like this when nobody knows is ridiculous.

11. gogispade

gogispade Member

If Westbrook continues to play like this im gonna love him more than cp3.

12. saleem

13. TheresTheDagger

This is friggin hillarious. WB trolling the **** out of Utah and the league in this interview. You cant tell he's LOVING this new offense.

14. TimDuncanDonaut

Michael Shannon on Russell Crowe Westbrook.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1094 TimDuncanDonaut, Feb 23, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

whats your opinion of Bucks?

16. JW86

JW86 Member

Granted they were on the second night of a back-to-back and how we didn't even play that well, this was a very satisfying win with lots of positive signs! First off, cannot say enough about Westbrook. Easily my favourite Rockets player since Garcia, just love guys with that edge and killer mentality. Granted Garcia wasn't a killer, but still. I'm glad I was able to become a fan of his game as his words about Spalding being his only friend and such always made me wonder his dedication to the team. He's just trying to win and confident in getting to the basket. That alley-oop was the cherry on top.

Secondly, my new #2 favourite in Covington! Man, what a defensive beast. He is like Ariza, but a better athlete, shot blocker, can guard bigs better. Those blocks on Gobert, he just went straight up on a 7'1 guy and managed to get the jump ball, that is crazy! He doesn't care about who he's defending, he just takes on the challenge and does not get fazed and is less emotional than Ariza as well. Some he's even less hesitant to drive inside and similar hesitant to take threes at times. The lack of driving inside bothers me but the hesitation on threes he should let fly and others he shouldn't are concerning a bit.

Harden should get a lot of credit for today's game, since we looked pretty bad with just Westbrook in there. Granted it was McLemore who was abused on defense and made it look worse, our offense just wasn't clicking. Good adjustments by the coaching staff and they need to find a way to have Westbrook in there with the 1st unit the most and Harden can run the 2nd unit. Anyway, today he was just smoking hot from three - though when up 15 he took 2 heat checks and just not letting double-teams bother him. That block on Clarkson was wonderful, just a shame he tried to draw the foul and whined about it. Clarkson really owed him on that one...overall his defense was solid.

The rest of the team just played to their strengths and weaknesses, Gordon with a few nice drives but plenty of drives that went nowhere. Made a key three and again took some from way too deep, contested. Rivers confidently taking threes, solid defense. McLemore was hot all night, but man that defense concerns me. He's like Gerald Green right now, though better shooter. Let's see if he can stay in the rotation. Jeff Green had a nice dunk, drive and kick and some okay defense. Nothing that makes me believe we can rely on him, but he has Finals experience so come play-off time he might be more valuable if he makes the team. I would've like to see Carroll instead of McLemore and Thabo instead of Green after that first half, but MDA is the coach for a reason and stuck with his guys. McLemore paid off and in general the adjustments worked out. Credits all around.

17. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

oh i already knew russ would be better.

don grahamleone and D-rock like this.
  18. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

to me i put them in the nuggets category. reg season champs...playoffs mia.

honestly people not calling balls n strile on them cause od thier love of giannia.

cause honestly what have the ever done in the playoffs. remember becore last year they used to get bounced up n down out the playoffs. n last year when they faced a good team giannis choked. it was a choke job. people should be oh they have to prove it in the playoffs just like they do harden.

i tbink that offense is nust as easy to prepare for as they rockets when they say in a 4 game series n teams can scout for harden, same should be said cor giannis. dif to me is now rockets have another superstar while bucks dont. i think giannis is gonna win a ring but its gonna be like any other star will.....when he get another super star. dont trust the others.

they gonna let him down just like harden othees used too. in this leavje u need more then one superstar

BaselineFade and D-rock like this.
  19. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

We will whip they f’n a$$. Giannas should have kept Harden’s name out his mouth. Can’t wait to we see these MF’s!

20. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Or, you could say Utah's lucky they caught Covington, House, Tucker, and Green on a bad night. I mean they were only shooting 20%, but are averaging 36% from the arc.

Who is MDC?