1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets sign Jeff Green

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Feb 17, 2020.

1. mockster

mockster Member

I think Jeff green is also doing well due to the chemistry of Harden and Russ.

both harden and Russ threw him a lob [Hardens turned into two free throws for green]

I think he’s very comfortable but that appears to be the case for most players who join the rockets needing redemption due to our free offensive style. Players can just play to an extent.

I think he’s a solid offensive threat off the bench that we’ve needed. Our bench was terrible so this gives us scoring and depth

I mean we can have 2-3 dudes get injured and still be solid

2. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

How many times were you embarrassingly wrong about players sucking? This is like the 3rd or 4th time

mike2k132, Y2JT and D-rock like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

But still not quite DD level of talent evaluation yet.

4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Actually, my batting average is pretty good when it comes to calling out scrub players.

As for you, I believe folks are looking for you in the Melo thread.

lulz

fckbandwagons likes this.
  5. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Take your L zesty boy and keep it movin

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Take my L based on one game?

Why dont you take a look at Jeff Green's career, take your L, and move onto the Melo thread where others are waiting for you as well lol

N00bs!

fckbandwagons and hakeem94 like this.
  7. Chamillionaire

Hard to say he's a good get only after 1 game, but that's about as good as he's gonna play. He missed only a shot or 2 and he's definitely not going to sustain that. But it has been awhile since we had a big that could take it to the rack. I mean years of Tuck and Clint and then boom, he takes 2 long strides to the rack for a lay up.

Glad he's on a 10 day (5 games). If I were a betting man, I'd say he's gonna be with us the rest of the year assuming Morris doesn't sign with us.

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Green fits better than Morris.

9. Nook

Nook Member

Morris the better 5. He is a very good defensive 5 and can hit open 3’s. He is not really a good defensive 3 or 4. So Green is more inline with what the Rockets want.

RudyTBag likes this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not impressed with his switch defense or overall effort on D.

And hes still a walking technical foul.

Can we afford 2 players like that?

I am.willing to try but not holding my breath, especially if his heart is set on LA.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rahath...eens-debut-offers-positive-signs-for-rockets/

Carroll scored only two points but grabbed four rebounds and played solid defense during his time on the floor. However, it was Green who really shined, scoring 17 points in his 24 minutes, shooting 6/7 from the floor and 4/5 on 3’s.

But if Green continues to produce, and Carroll also proves viable, it will present D’Antoni with a wealth of options. The decision over whether to start Eric Gordon at forward instead of House still has not even been made. Once thin, Houston suddenly is on the cusp of having actual depth.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

14. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Everyday he plays in a Blazers uniform it's confirmation of how wrong ALL of you were lol. You said he's not even good enough to be on a roster, and now he's starting & playing solid overrall. Your assessments of players is trash dude

15. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

He's not good enough to be on a roster of a team with a competent GM.

fckbandwagons and Zboy like this.
  16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

You mean everyday that he plays and keeps the Blazers out of playoffs lulz...

Melo is a trash player, continues to be trash, and therefore no surprise that you like him.

Why dont you make an entrance in the Melo thread in the Dish?

Folks have been waiting for you there haha

17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

The issue with Green isnt the skillset.

The issue with Green is his mental makeup and that he has disappeared when you need him the most to use those skillset.

I dont really have a big issue with Green on this team given that we gave up nothing for him.

My issue would be Rockets being too reliant on him on bits and flashes. Or Rockets playing him too much in big pressure situation thinking he will deliver. Because that will most likely end up in disappointment.

I just dont like soft role players because they get exposed in big games in the playoffs.

I would love for Jeff Green to prove me wrong but like they say about the leopard and his spots....

#357 Zboy, Feb 22, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
  18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

How about you come join us in the Melo thread? Stop being a coward and come actually defend your boy with actual numbers. If at all, this will be a valuable lesson to you in life in learning to defend your position through numbers, videos, etc and not simply lame ass arguments as "he plays in BLAZERS uniform".

Anyways, this thread is about Jeff Green, so if you have the balls, come shut all the doubters up in the actually Melo thread discussion, rather than hiding out in other threads.

Won't answer here anymore, unless it is about Jeff Green. We will be waiting.

19. randerson

randerson New Member

I like, so many moving pieces. Even a green throw in.

BamBam and D-rock like this.
  20. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

We're not even close to reliant on Jeff Green, nor asking him to play that kind of role in the playoffs. Compare his role to Austin Rivers', they won't make or break our postseason. In the clutch, Green won't be on the floor. It'll likely be Russ, James, EGo, Covington, and PJ.

I don't like Green, but he hasn't been terrible in the playoffs anyway. He stepped up huge for the Cavs in game 7 of the ECF.