1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets need to sign Bruno ASAP!!!!

Discussion in 'Rio Grande Valley Vipers' started by basketballholic, Nov 26, 2018.

1. basketballholic

Another 6 blocks. If we dont get him under contract we are gonna get poached and we will regret it.

I want to see Bruno with PJ at the 4/5 in our small ball lineup. I'd rather sign him than rolo or some other lug on a buyout deal.

D-rock likes this.
  2. basketballholic

Goodness, man. What is wrong with us? Can anybody explain this? Can anybody explain why we didn't sign him? I mean....... Does anybody really think he's not better than Ennis or Chriss?

I'm disgusted.

D-rock likes this.
  3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He is better than Chriss no doubt and has more upside than Ennis, but we need a more experienced and physical player who can be valuable in the playoffs.

4. basketballholic

We may indeed. But we could've also used him. Because......he is far better than Ennis. and Chriss.

D-rock likes this.
  5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I agree that he could have been useful on a 10 day contract. Chriss is useless, and Ennis is erratic.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

More productive than PJ right now, with fewer minutes.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  7. basketballholic

Bruno has more length than Ariza and Luc, he's a far superior shooter to them, and he's showed defensive promise. Went we didn't give him a shot while we did give Clark a shot is beyond me. If we really thought Clark was worth a try then why did we not think Bruno was?????

I'm mystified.

D-rock likes this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Clark was the more proven defender (defends 2-5).

If we are going to rue, let's rue keeping VE over Bruno.

Edwards is useless.

9. basketballholic

Oh I'm not against Clark at all. I see the defensive upside. But the jumper was questionable. I works have much preferred to bring Clark back to RGV and do Rio him what were currently doing to House, let him wait until the smoke clears at the deadline. Then we should've signed Bruno to a non-guaranteed deal and and seen what he had. The only reason Clark is a "proven defender" is because he got some run. We should've given Bruno the same run. He showed plenty in training camp.

IMO, at this stage of their careers, with Bruno's experience, he's the better player currently. And I'm pretty sure he's got more upside than Clark does.

Clark earned his contract. Not against signing him. Just thought it was too quick . I would have much preferred to have both guys signed. And I still works much prefer to have Bruno over Faried. Because Bruno had has possibility of helping us against the Warriors with his length and shooting. Faried will be a huge liability against them.

D-rock likes this.
  10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

5-18 now.

He’ll have to prove it in the NBA first. Ariza is a lifetime 40% shooter from the corners, shooting the most in NBA history. I think he’s 43% over like the last 7 years.

fwiw: Terrence Jones is shooting 45% in GLeague, too.

11. basketballholic

Agreed. He'll have to prove it.

We should have signed him to a non-guaranteed deal and given him a chance to prove it here. We have a better offensive system with mire wide open shots. And we desperately need to find switch defenders so we can play 5 out and have a chance against the Warriors.

5/18 is nothing. One game with 3/4 changes that. And I'm not concerned at all about his stroke. I know he has it. The key is his defense. How has he looked there?

#31 basketballholic, Feb 1, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Agree. He's got a good stroke. He seems happy, too, while playing, in the sense he's comfortable. I watched last game. He's active and aware on defense. I used to worry that he was uncoordinated with his footwork and gangly build. But he's moving well.

On offense, MEM didn't use him in PnRs, rather he mainly just goes to spot up. I can't gauge if he's improved his picking. I think MEM will sign him, at least to another 10-day.

D-rock likes this.
  13. basketballholic

He still has tremendous upside potential.

14. basketballholic

My God man. WHAT WERE WE THINKING!?!?!?

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I am beyond frustrated with this franchise right now.

I have NO CLUE why this dude isn't wearing Rocket red. No clue!!!!!

Chiozza, Frazier, Clark, Hartenstein, but no Bruno. And he's better than all of them!!!!! And he plays at a position of greater NEED than all of them!!!!!!

What were we thinking!!!!!!!!

#34 basketballholic, Apr 10, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
    D-rock and seemoreroyals like this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Jopat may not be on CF anymore because hes working for Morey now.

He was right about Bruno (but there were a few of us who liked him) but the cherry on the sundae is Rockets purported interest in Thon Maker and Christian Wood over trade deadline period.

Both Jopat favorites.