1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The last worst song you heard

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by joeson332, Feb 9, 2015.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I forgot about that mick jagger/bowie song.

I state this a hard core straight up fact. 80's style may be the worst fashion since in the history of human kind. it just looks awful.

2. GIGO

GIGO Member

"My Heart Will Go On"
    "Can You Feel The Love Tonight"

Don't know why, but I could never stand them and always thought those movies deserved better.

3. body slam

body slam Member

Last Time For Everything by Brad Paisley has to be one of the most depressing songs ever. Making it the worst. I had a health scare when it was big hit. Talk about a song that will kick you when you're down.

4. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

since WBTC is the worst song in history, it has to be the latter. Early Starship, including Blows Against the Empire, was pretty fabulous. listen to Caroline from Dragon Fly, for instance, or the full unedited version of Miracles, which has one of the best lines in rock (I had a taste of the real world, when i went down on you girl.)

I liked Mickey Thomas in the Elvin Bishop Band, and he had one nice solo record, but Jane notwithstanding, the band missed Marty Balin.

5. CCorn

CCorn Member

I love Indy music, but the trend of the deeper sounding female singer isn’t for me. I can’t stand Billy Eilish or however it’s spelled. Outside of Lorde, I haven’t enjoyed any of that music.

boomboom likes this.
  6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Every Breath You Take

or

Jump

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

anything and everything by Live.

I f***Ing hate Live.

8. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Closing time by semisonic. **** song.

9. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Eilish singing Eilish.

Mr.Scarface likes this.
  10. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

ive been listening to this podcast called cocaine and rhinestones and one episode talked about this tim mcgraw song from the 90's called 'indian outlaw'. Even at the time it was seen as controversial and offensive and was banned by some stations.

this one passed me by when it came out, but im kind of fascinated by it b/c its just so terrible, dated and cringe-worthy on multiple levels (cheesy lyrics and blatant appropriation of native american culture).

11. Roscoe Arbuckle

Hate it all you want, but it still has the record for most weeks at #1 on the Top 40 charts.

12. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

has anyone else ever noticed that the police totally ripped that song off?

i was 9 when that song came out and it blew my f***ing mind. i still listen to 1984 all the time, but thats probably the worst song on the album.

13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Nope...you may be thinking of the Bryan Adams song, Everything I Do....

14. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I had no idea it was such a big hit!

Yeah, I still catch myself thinking about 1984 as VH's "new" album, probably because it was the last one with the classic lineup. Jump is definitely the worst song on it except for Alex's drumming which is actually quite good. Pretty good guitar solo too, but it gives way to the cheesy keyboard solo way too early!

Back on topic...

Old Town Road - my kids can't get enough of this song, but every time I hear it, I want to start taking hostages.

boomboom likes this.
  16. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Belinda Carlisle - Heaven is a Place on Earth

HEB seems to play it on a loop.

Almost makes me consider going to Randalls.

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Due to the rip Pop Smoke news, I never heard of him before and after listening to one song I'm dead inside (who listens to this sh** and makes it top the charts?).

18. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

DBT's have been one of my favorite bands for the past 20 years, but the new new direction of just basically making songs out of vapid, oft-repeated media talking points bores me to tears. Both the music and the lyrics sounds pretty tired. They used to tell stories. It was genuine and wasn't just preaching to the choir. Could make you think about things from a different perspective. Now it's just corny in the same way as jingoistic country music. Ugh.

#78 DCkid, Feb 19, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2020