1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

More pardons

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

click the link, that's the DOJ press release at the time of sentencing. I simply quoted from that document. I see where other sources are citing an 18 year sentence. but I don't see why it's lazy posting if the DOJ document is incorrect. Are we supposed to cite ten sources to verify?

2. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

Hall press release.jpeg

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

What are you talking about? What you typed above the link and cut n pasted from the link is not her charge.

She didn’t get 15 yrs for possession. Possession becomes intent to distribute when we’re talking about a TON on pot.

Lazy posting

4. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

okay, now I'm seeing three different sentences--18 years, 28 years, and 35 years. You tell me which "facts" to believe, HP.

I suspect her sentenced was reduced somewhere along the way.

https://www.candoclemency.com/tynice-hall/

Tynice Hall – 28 years received CLEMENCY on 2/18/2020
    [​IMG]

Tynice with her son, Jonathan

Please Sign Tynice Hall’s Change.org Petition
    Name: Tynice Hall # 34596-177
    DOB: 7/27/1983
    Marital Status: Single
    Children: One son, Jonathan
    Raised: Texas
    Tried: Texas
    Will Live: Lubbock, TX
    Charge(s): Conspiracy to Distribute and Possession with Intent to Distribute more than 50 grams of a mixture and substance containing a detectable amount of cocaine base and aiding and abetting.
    Health Status: Excellent
    Sentence: 28 years, 7 months (295 months)
    Date Sentence Started: 7/28/2006
    Years Served: 13 years
    Release Date: 3/19/2024
    Will Live: Lubbock, TX
    Priors: I was on deferred adjudication for a prior charge when I was arrested. The day my apartment was raided, I was to sign my papers to finish probation. I completed my three years of probation with no problems. My prior was a misdemeanor charge resulting when I wrote one of my own checks and cancelled it.
    Prison Conduct: Clear record
    Clemency Application: Filed directly to OPA in 2014. Denied by President Obama September 30, 2016
    Supporters: Family members and friends, CAN-DO Foundation, The LOHM, Fed Fam 4 Life
    Address:
    FPC BRYAN
    PO BOX 2149
    BRYAN, TX 77805

Prison Accomplishments: Tynice is presently enrolled in the Office Administrative Apprenticeship program through UNICOR. She graduated from The School of Culinary Arts at Danbury and she taught the course, “Cage your Rage”. She has successfully completed three different apprenticeships: Housekeeping, Bakers, and Cook, and she has taught re-entry classes. Additionally she acquired her grant writing certificate through Naugatuck Valley Community College.

Courses Completed: Tynice completed 30 courses at Aliceville, including courses needed to enhance learning post high school diploma, important life functioning courses, health, wellness and sports courses, and leisure time activity courses. At the present time Tynice is currently enrolled in Adams State University, CO, with her major being sociology.

[​IMG]
    Tynice with her mother

According to Tynice:
    I was living with someone who was involved in illegal drug activities but I was young and naïve and thought his actions would not rub off on me. I thought as long as I was not participating in his illegal deals, it could not affect me. I was wrong. I never reported his actions because I never had direct contact with anything illegal that he was doing. I just knew he was into the drug game and turned my head away. I was implicated through a no-knock search warrant when I was home alone. Two guns were found in my room: one in a drawer, the other in a back pack behind the bed. The guns were not used at all. My boyfriend had them just because of what he did and he wanted them near him. I was charged with both because I was the only one at the house when it was raided and the house was in my name alone. Finger prints were done on the guns and mine were not on them, yet I was convicted of owning them. I was taken into custody the day of the raid for questioning and was never released. I was indicted within 30 days. I went to trial with a public defender and was convicted even though there was a lack of evidence and I had a very minor role. I was also hit with trial penalty enhancements at the top of the guideline chart even after going to trial.

Tynice thinks she should receive clemency because:
    I have demonstrated that I have overcome my past failures and proved I am a competent and capable woman.

[​IMG]Future Plans:
    Before I was arrested, I was attending classes to become certified as a real estate agent. That is a career which still interests and appeals to me. However, after having been through this entire experience, I think I need to become a voice for those who might be going through similar circumstances in the future – to reach out to help them. At this present time I am currently enrolled at the Adams State University, CO, with my major being sociology. I plan to use the degree in Sociology to further my horizon and work in a field where I can help others who are facing the battle that I once did as an adolescent child. After having an experience of this magnitude, I think I need to become a voice for those who might not be able to speak for themselves. There are many children who just need that push in the right direction and I would love to be that hand. Everyone has a story to tell so why not help give them a platform to tell it. Primarily, I need to get myself together and be able to hit the ground running, so to speak and make a life for myself while at the same time beginning to take care of my family. My father is ill and my mother is alone so that gives me the drive to do and become better. I desperately wish to relieve my mother of the responsibility of raising my son and I yearn to be the mother my son both needs and deserves.

I have a job offer through the work I am doing with UNICOR. This company has offered Lubbock area jobs upon release to many of those employed at the prison, and that is where I will be released to. I also have a few friends who are self employed who are willing to offer me employment upon release.

It will be a phenomenal blessing to my family when I am released. I have been absent most of my adult life so to rekindle my family’s love and be able to fill the gap of my absence will make my family whole again. Being able to have a full and complete family reunion will provide my family with great joy. We have all fought for so long to bring me home, which will close the missing link in our family circle.

FacebookTwitterGoogle BookmarksRedditPinterestEmailDiggPrintFriendlyShare

5. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

you keep throwing around the accusation of "lazy posting." Please inform me what you consider to be the facts of her case and of her sentencing. Seriously. I have not made a study of her case, and admit to just looking it up this afternoon. But I am seeing conflicting information.

6. heypartner

Good grief man...I was responding to your Crystal Munoz post. It was a lazy post. Are you trying to change subject to other people now to make a point. That’s fine, make your point. I will probably agree.

Just don’t be lazy like you were with Crystal Munoz...suggesting a minor possession charge vs an intent to distribute 1 TON of pot charge .... makes me not want to ever read your posts.

I’m not a fan hyperbolic posting ... like you did.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

okay, got it. I missed that you were talking about the Munoz post.

Still not sure what the problem is. I simply quote the info at the the clemency project page. If you are offended by my unthinking, offhand use of "mar1juana possession" instead of conspiracy to sell a ton of pot then I can certainly change that. If that's what you're considering "lazy posting."

8. heypartner

Good grief man. I said in my first post that you misrepresented her Charge, which obviously is what she was sentenced for.

I further said I’m not commenting about facts of the case nor the pardon, only how represented it as just a regular possession charge.

9. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

I'm lost. and I'm sorry that I'm not understanding you

10. foh

foh Member

He changed the post per you suggestion to correctly reflect the charge.

This whole charade of posting the less egregious cases pardon cases seems to be a disinformation attempt to cover up the posts that were outlining/exposing the power abuse cases of people like Paul Pouge and other rich white dudes committing white collar crimes and hanging out with Fox news contributors.

It's like @Os Trigonum is Trump's personal PR rep on clutchfans.

superfob likes this.
  11. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Someone is in overdrive today defending dear leader...

Word on the street, and many, many people are talking about it, but the dip$hit is thinking of pardoning Sirhan Sirhan, Bernie Madoff, OJ SImpson, Gary Ridgway, Dennis Rader, and David Berkowitz.

You heard it here first, but many are saying he is going to posthumously pardon Charles Manson and Jeffrey Epstein.

12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So what's your point in posting this.

Will hang up and listen.

13. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Not sure what all the surprise is. This is pretty on par. Anyone that can a) assist him financially or politically, b) please his base, or c) enrage democrats (and republicans for that matter) is open for a pardon.

14. foh

foh Member

Do you have an example of people clearly buying their pardon through donation to reelection campaign? I can't tell if "on par" is sarcasm or not.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Dude Making his criminal Voltron
    and Anti Captain Planet

[​IMG]

Rocket River

16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Trump Picks Pardon Requests From Wealthy Pals and GOP Donors
    https://www.usnews.com/news/politic...don-requests-from-wealthy-pals-and-gop-donors

Trump pardons 1980s ‘junk bond king’ Michael Milken
    https://www.pionline.com/washington/trump-pardons-1980s-junk-bond-king-michael-milken

foh likes this.
  17. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

18. NewRoxFan

I've seen right wing web sites tout this... but none give the actual facts of the sace, like who the guy was, what actual crime he was convicted of, facts about the court proceedings, etc. They also says something vague like "didn't pay his corporate bills" whatever that means...

marks0223 likes this.
  19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Um, yes he is.

20. NewRoxFan

trump may want to take claim to being the "chief law enforcement officer" in his continuing quest for an imperial presidency and to place himself above the law, but that role is actually given to the Attorney General of the United States.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/28/503

President Trump Appears to Believe He Is the Attorney General of the United States
    https://lawandcrime.com/awkward/pre...is-the-attorney-general-of-the-united-states/

At best, those that believe the president is also the "chief law enforcement officer" since he is tasked with executing the laws of the land...
    https://lawandcrime.com/awkward/pre...is-the-attorney-general-of-the-united-states/

In other words, the holder of the nation’s highest office is tasked with executing (i.e. enforcing) the nation’s laws. So in a literal sense, Trump could be described as the chief law enforcement officer.

"It’s a novel identifier for the president, but it’s not technically incorrect," said Kimberly Wehle, a law professor at the University of Baltimore and author of the book "How to Read the Constitution and Why."

But experts say the title is a loaded one since the "law enforcement" phrasing implies Trump is something like the police chief over all of America. That clashes with the spirit of the Constitution.

"I think the claim is extremely dangerous because it appears the reason folks are making this claim is to kind of set the president aside as a special constitutional office that not only has plenary authority to enforce or not enforce the laws he wishes, but also in that way to stand above the law," said Steven Schwinn, a law professor at The John Marshall Law School, part of the University of Illinois at Chicago.

Wehle raised a similar concern.

"The problem with merging the notion of the president with the top cop is to suggest there’s unlimited power in the president himself in order to determine what kind of behavior is criminal, what kind is not," she said. "Obviously, the whole point of the three-part system (of American government) was to avoid an imperial presidency or a monarchy."
    https://www.politifact.com/article/2019/oct/10/ron-johnson-right-call-donald-trump-nations-chief-/

foh likes this.