1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Myles Garrett suspension

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Two Sandwiches, Nov 15, 2019.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

2. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

So, he should get suspended more for simply telling the league what he thought happened?

I despise those who play the race card on itself. But, is simply telling the league what he thought happened even doing that?

If someone calls you a pejorative, and you, behind closed doors, describe what happened and include that...that's.... bad??

Garrett doesn't seem the type to make that up. Nor was he trying to get out of anything through it. Just as I thought Mason could have said it without even being aware he did, later...same could be true of Garrett thinking he heard it.

As for evidence...not sure what they were going to find. The two were face to face, and by themselves, when that started. I doubt anyone heard enough of what was said to deny anything, either. We'll never know. Given that, the league not finding any evidence isn't conclusive...but I am glad they aren't just assuming it happened, either. Closed matter, I imagine they're all good with it being closed.

#82 BigDog63, Nov 21, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    Sooty likes this.
  3. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I'm calling BS on this. IF and that's a BIG IF that Rudolph actually called a N*****, you actually expect me to believe that you'd wait an entire week before saying anything about it? Bullsh*t! This was all a not-so-clever attempt to PR spin himself out of the suspension. His entire "statement" reeks of being written by his agent's PR staff. What a clown...

lw17 and raining threes like this.
  4. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

He was asked about it immediately following the game and didn’t say anything about it. And for the last week, he was the biggest headline in sports, received an indefinite suspension, and there was all this talk about it being a career defining move. Yet he doesn’t mention it to any of his teammates or coaches? Ya I don’t buy it and neither did the NFL apparently.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Fulgore likes this.
  6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Still think he should b banned, regardless of what was said.

Swinging a helmet is fking dangerous, he should b having anger therapy.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Fulgore likes this.
  8. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Good for him. Horrible thing that I hope he learned from and that it never happens again

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Other players have done it and didn't get banned. Andre beat the **** out of the ginger **** and he's my hero for life.

Fulgore likes this.
  10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Andre beating a dirty player, i have no complaint. But swinging a helmet cause he supposedly got called the N word shows that he at least needs anger management before reinstatement.

I don't like the excuse since other people did it why can't he. Just because some players got away with it doesn't mean the rest should copy. have integrity.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

#92 J.R., Feb 15, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  12. Buck Turgidson

I'm shocked that he learned it at aTm

13. PhiSlammaJamma

Normally One can easily figure out what’s true and not true, but not here. It makes no sense to wait this long to come out with racial explanation, yet on the other hand there Is no compelling motive for the incident in the first place. I’d lean toward Garret is a psycho on the field. Lewan is the same way, just going stupid at times, and he was on steroids.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Maybe I'm missing something, but that kind of behavior isn't typical for Garrett. No history of it. I'm not really invested deeply into this story but my quick guess is maybe he simply misheard something.

15. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

The one thing I don’t buy, outside of there being no audio or video evidence, is that Garrett didn’t tell anyone about it apparently. Even his own head coach wouldn’t confirm or deny it, and I’d argue he probably had the most to lose in this situation. And then when you decided to say something, you wanted it to be said behind closed doors? What to protect Rudolph? Just doesn’t add up for me.