1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets sign Jeff Green

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Feb 17, 2020.

1. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Never liked Jeff Green's game. Never had much power inside, nor the shooting or ballhandling skills to score from the perimeter. He couldn't rebound or pass very well either. His defense was always average. If he didn't have the potential label associated with his height he never would have lasted this long. I can't think of one thing he's extremely solid at.

That said, he did play pretty well for Cleveland and Washington and we could use some height. I hope he can spell PJ for some minutes during the regular season.

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

That's awesome! I wish you luck and votes and throngs of people who want what you want once you get there. Need a household shrine made or anything?

D-rock and lnchan like this.
  3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I tend to agree with this sentiment. Jeff Green doesn't really do much other than be a barely serviceable player to rest others. He has not been good this year at all.

4. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Man this guy is perfect for the Rockets

Athletic, can run the floor..

but his outside shooting is what gonna make him a potential X factor for the Rox

5. vator

vator Contributing Member

Green is a fine addition if he buys in and has anything left in the tank. He is our new small ball backup center which we don't currently have one of unless you're good with Thabo. He can drive, finish above the rim, handle the ball and shoot the 3 a little. We actually don't have another player like him on the roster his height or taller so the potential is there for this to be a good signing. He just needs to be good enough in small spurts to allow PJ to rest.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

it sure would have been nice to have the options a year ago of guys like green/carroll to go to, when nobody outside of rivers/shump were contributing off the bench or were playable.

I actually like the green signing more than carroll.

clutchdabear, hakeem94 and dkoune like this.
  7. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

There is a fair chance that we will see a bit of JG at 5 on Thursday:

8. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

In
    Well if you need him to be a consistent “star” then yeah he will let you down, but we don’t need him to be that. Just be helpful most of the time and then have that big game every 4 games or so.

clutchdabear, hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

After more than a dozen years in the NBA, the Green Jeff will finally find his true calling as a center.

10. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

J Green is a good bench player. In fact I dare say he could lead the bench unit if we don't stagger Harden/Rus minutes. Like Rivers, he can get his own shot without our big 2 on the floor. I can't say the same for the others on this team who are 3&D players.

buffalobills!!! and D-rock like this.
  11. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

They need to let danuel house rip up and tear up Jeff green contract right in his face after the dem 10 days up!

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Mrs. House, amirite?

13. vator

vator Contributing Member

If you’re mad that we’re kicking the tires on Jeff Green, then you’re saying that you’re also 100% sold on Thabo Sefolosha as the backup center for the remainder of the season and into the playoffs. Why not give Green or Bruno a shot to lock that position down? There is absolutely nothing to lose here. Thabo, as good as a teammate that he seems to be and a high IQ defensive player, is also practically a non threat offensively most nights.

Jeff Green will be a center here. He isn’t threatening to take minutes from our wings.

Aruba77, D-rock, xaos and 3 others like this.
  14. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

15. icewill36

icewill36 Member

why does it look like they doing this signing in a vault from Fallout ?

16. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

I'm trying to get used to the idea of Jeff Green at the 5 (even if the Rockets are doing away with true centers). I've always thought of Green as a poor man's Gordon Hayward. No stranger than Sefolosha at the 5, I guess.

D-rock likes this.
  17. icewill36

icewill36 Member

jeff green spent some time at the 5 with the wizards and apparently had some success there.

D-rock and Relativist like this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

where was this in 2018 smh

mcw was apparently the "fit" o_O

BigShasta and pippendagimp like this.
  19. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

man pro wrestling signings look more legitimate.

J.R. likes this.
  20. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Delete

pippendagimp likes this.