1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[USA Today] Rockets GM Daryl Morey happy with roster after trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Feb 7, 2020.

1. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I’d rather have a manager receiving clear instructions on how much the owner is comfortable spending and not have the manager fearing for his job. I could understand why a manager would feel that way but that can’t be good for the franchise.

2. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

This team has lost shamefully with all the Western Conference teams with losing records, except with Minnesota ... is it not necessary to keep looking for excuses!

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They sold that Robert Co. was some kind of savior and that was the end of the additions other than scraping the bottom of the buyout market.

4. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

For a moment I thought that Morey and some fans were talking about Scottie Pippen or Kevin Durant and not about Robert Covington.
    Welcome to reality, Robert Covington was a role player in a pathetic team, he is not a savior nor is he going to take the Rockets to the next level.

5. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

The prior response is accurate and I agree that it's a shame that Rockets fans who feel like you are just not aware enough of what has happened. That said, I'll bite: if Tilman wasn't cheap and LTS focused, they could have the exact same team as they do now, except they would also have multiple extra first round picks, second round picks, rookie deals, manageable MLE deals, and Kelly Oubre. Hell, they could be under luxury tax This Year and have multiple draft picks back from last year's trades. Tilman pulled a Bill O'Brien, except it was to save money instead of his job. Fans are justified in feeling annoyed by it.

6. BigBum

BigBum Member

Oubre + Ja Green + keeping picks

Kim and BaselineFade like this.
  7. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

I just have to assume you know **** all about this team or basketball

caneks likes this.
  8. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

What is he going to say. Oh yea the owner my boss is trying to save some money and is hurting our team.

DeBeards and napalm06 like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

CF are like human yo-yos.

Up and down, up and down, up and down....

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not getting Oubre hurt but imaging what could have been does nothing for us now. Need to keep moving on on what could be instead.

But if you want to cry over spilt milk, think of rather of

Jimmy Butler-Brandon Clarke-Russ Westbrook

Russ
    Harden
    Jimmy
    PJ
    Clarke

Even not including EGo, that lineup would have been ridiculous.

11. shlhl

shlhl Member

feel damn good about losing bottom feeder team by 30 point last night.

12. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Ok so what?

Haven't made us any worse....in fact...we are better.... GET OUT DD and the rest of the blind clutchfans folks.

Patience, D-rock and BigShasta like this.
  13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Yeah people keep asking me for thoughts on this. I keep having to remind them about how the NBA is a much smaller league. Centers just aren't as valuable as they used to be unless they can drain a three.

daywalker02 and Patience like this.
  14. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Tilman has a gun up to his head. He’s never gonna say otherwise.

RoCo is the **** but this roster is a mess.

The Tilman era officially stinks.

daywalker02 and tycoonchip like this.
  15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

We shouldn’t be happy with what happened in Phoenix. Can’t enjoy a big win because a stupid loss to follow. I know it was back to back but dam!

16. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

No he's not! He may have learned to put up a decent poker face but he reeks of bullsheet. There is no GM in their right minds that would not have aimed at getting a Clint Capella replacement when it not only affects yourself defensively but it takes one of James Hardens most efficient arsenals away. When Russ is on the floor you can play small ball. When he is not James needs a big man.

17. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

Clearly Tillman is telling him to say he wasn’t behind those lux tax moves but it’s obvious Tillman’s behind it

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No Westbrook

aka 50% of our all stars

19. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Q: Why would you spend picks to rid players and save the owner money vs using those picks to make your team better?

A: You get a kickback on the savings.

20. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

once Gordon has injury, Houston lacks of good offense. He needs one more good shooter. I suggest to sign I Thomas for help. He has eastern finals experience. He can backup when Gordon and Westbrooks are injured or take rest. Although he is short,we can let him play cp3 position. I think it is fine