1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Shams] Hawks interested in Capela

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

McLemore has likely no value, maybe a late 2nd rounder, that's nothing.

If the Rockets trade Capela it will be for a substantial upgrade at the 3 or 4 spot, they aren't moving him for a bench tier player, with that said, we'll see if the move will be worth it, it also depends on who they'll get in order to replace Capela and how that guy will perform, if it's going to be a rental etc.

I trust Morey overall to make the best move possible, too bad the owner is making him play with an handicap.

D-rock likes this.
  2. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

If we can somehow nab Collins to go with a center then we might have a chance to improve this team.

amaru likes this.
  3. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

It only makes sense that the next level of Moreyball involves no players over 6'6".

Morey out here playing 4D chess. It is what it is.

amaru likes this.
  4. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Woj has Shams covered always, he always is quicker to announce free agents in the off season

but anyway who cares who tweets about it, it doesn't matter who is first

D-rock likes this.
  5. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

No and No....................Capela was good before D'Antoni got here, it is natural progression and the Warriors made small ball successful, although it doesn't really matter how tall your centre is

6. bj3175

bj3175 Member

we would have to get a center back that has some versatility. If not then we need to keep Capela and trust the buyout market

Blackjack84 likes this.
  7. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Robert Covington, John Collins or any other player the Rockets acquire in a Capela trade will play 30 or more minutes per game. They aren’t trading Capela for scrubs.

8. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I thought Shams took over last off season?
    Both are great!! Reliable early info.

D-rock likes this.
  9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

As always....

In Morey We Trust

hakeem94, Mkieke and D-rock like this.
  10. Bearius Jones

Bearius Jones Member

https://tradenba.com/trades/HanwSHqw6

I'm all in for the Rockets trading Clint Capela for John Collins. Rockets should also try to pry Robert Williams from Boston in a 3-way trade if possible.

If the Rockets got Collins, Smart, and Timelord...trading Capela + filler + pick(s) would be well worth it, IMO.

11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

who the fk said anything about posting him up? Open your eyes next time the Rockets play and stop being a casual troll and be an informed troll.

guy said “posting up” in 2020. FOH.

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It's a pipe dream in my opinion.

Air Yordan likes this.
  13. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Capela has appeared to regress significantly from two years ago defensively and rim protection wise. It's too bad because we'd be a much better team with him at that level. But if we don't think he can get back to that, then maybe it's time to move on.

saleem and snowconeman22 like this.
  14. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

Open your eyes he isn’t moving any needle in 2020. He was damn near unplayable in 3 nba finals. You remember that dumbass? Terrible defender and inconsistent as hell from 3. Kevin Love. Lmaooooo!

15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

who is playing defense on this team - literally ranked like 30 out of 32 teams LOL??? are you new to the sport? i mean if trolling is your thing, you can be alot better, you know use wit, sarcasm, edgy memes, but nope you linger on the surface with the pond scum and single celled organisms. Hard to help you.

Kevin Love + wide open 3's = made shots! (see even a troglodyte like yourself should figure that one out!) Cheers!

also: "inconsistent af from 3" LOLLL career % = 37.1% and THIS YEAR? 37.9 - God you're an idiot.

16. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

that would be cool but aren't the reports saying they want to pick up draft picks

17. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

You you’ve refuted nothing I said about Kevin Love and spewed some cornball Zack Morris bullshit.
    The same Kevin Love under 40% twice in the playoffs or the one who averaged 7 pts in a finals series?

18. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

Len? Lmaoooo

19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Yawn. You live in the past. You allow yourself to be paralyzed from an overanalysis of "dumb sht" .. so again keep jacking off to "defenders" and hoping that one player will take this team from 3oth ranked D to what 25th while countless open shots get missed by the current chuckers on the roster. Smart plan. I mean I know Capela is this DPOY type that is irreplaceable but this is ridiculous, do you not remember just how unplayable Capela himself is in the playoffs? I'll take my chances with a guy who has range in his shot with this team. PJ Tucker and Capela are worthless to this team as constructed.

let me guess "defense wins championships" right Mr deGrasse Tyson? LOL.

20. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

It was MDA who signed capeala to 80 million so let mda trade him away to admit to the east and admit it was a mistake for 80 million dollars!

The rockets need to give hartenstein a raise in pay.