1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TMZ: Kobe Bryant killed in helicopter crash

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by justtxyank, Jan 26, 2020.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2. malakas

malakas Member

Let's hope that with the advance of technology more and more helicopter models can fly IFR with a single pilot so tragedies such as this can be avoided.

Of course the best way is not to fly in fog in the first place.

BamBam likes this.
  3. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

We understand this but the timing of your argument is way out of line

RudyTBag likes this.
  4. Roc Paint

Right now my thoughts and prayers are not only with the Bryant family but with my friend Lamar Odom

5. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Yeah, except that he was never convicted of rape, but you go ahead and continue with your defamation. Smh...

RudyTBag likes this.
  6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

You know, the more I look up this stuff, it makes me think my assertion of what I remembered---that single pilot operation under IFR in a S-76 was prohibited---was flat out wrong. I think the source I read it from was incorrect. I just can't find confirmation of that statement anywhere in the certification statements for any of the S-76 helicopter models, nor in Part 91 or 135 of the FAR. Lots of blather about how tough it is to get a single-ENGINE helicopter certified for IFR, but that ain't the same at all. And the S-76 has two engines.

Which leads us then back to wonder why the bonehead didn't request a pop-up IFR clearance as soon as he saw he wasn't going to make it over that pass on 101 without getting into the soup? Because, if we take that sound engineer's statement as what actually happened, the helicopter was dicking around in the cloud for a bit before he accelerated and hit the hill.

OTOH, the ADS/B data doesn't indicate any slow speed travel while they were on 101, and I guess the witness could be mistaken that the helicopter was in the clouds. He did say the final crash was very abrupt. He didn't say it, but I imagine it was about as fast as the sound when you crush a beer can under your foot.

Really confusing. I'm eager to read what the NTSB have to say.

Hakeemtheking and malakas like this.
  8. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Rape is definitely a brutal thing, nor is it neat or pleasant. It shouldn't be made light of or swept aside, but nor should the question of guilt/innocence or fact/opinions.

Mourning, death and grief is a also often brutal, messy and unpleasant.

Was Kobe innocent or guilty, was it evidence of rough sex or rape? I don't know, nor did I ever claim to know. I'm not invested in Kobe being innocent. I take zero issue with anyone believing he's guilty.

If the desire is to bring light to Kobes past or the issue of rape, my view is that there is a better way to address the issue than to yell "rapist" at the wake/funeral. If the desire is to troll and grandstand, have at it.

IMO there's a time and a place, a manner and respect in how to express ones opinions if the purpose is to start dialogue and conversations without it devolving into namecalling and absenities.

jklb, pahiyas, BigggReddd and 6 others like this.
  9. Roc Paint

F him

10. CCorn

CCorn Member

I wasn’t much of fan of Kobe, so the story didn’t hit me hard. But man Jerry West talking about him did give me the feels.

11. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Exactly. All I can say is that incident probably changed all who was involved. Kobe became by appearances a better husband and father to his kids. Regardless of what occurred what Kobe did was selfish at the very least. Cheating, in my opinion, is one of the selfish things you can do. Let alone everything that happened that night. The ironic thing was Kobe in his later life became a champion of woman’s rights.

RustyHarden likes this.
  12. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

It was rough sex. White girl could handle him and she cried rape. It was consensual. She saw dollar signs.....filed suit....got a settlement. If it was rape, she could have testified in the criminal case. She refused to. Tells me all I need to know. And don't get give me "she was afraid of the publicity

#992 Mr.Scarface, Jan 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    RustyHarden likes this.
  13. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

For the first time. I agree with you. WoaH.

14. malakas

malakas Member

White girl couldn't handle him? You do realise this isn't only misogynistic but also racistic right?

Also tons of rape victims don't testify in court for various reasons. Who the fck are you to say to a victim that they have to testify to be believable?
    Have you been raped?
    Do you have a degree in psychology?

People like you who are racists and misogynists are the reason that this is the BEST time to bring up the truth about Kobe.

Shut up?
    When there are such scum going around posting lies who make the suffering of rape victims even worse?

15. malakas

malakas Member

What is way out of line is that members of the press, current and former nba players, and employees of the league are actively campaigning to change the logo of the NBA into a rapist.

How can I as a woman tolerate this disgrace?
    I am a fan of the NBA for more than 10 years but I have to sit quietly and hear that the very symbol of the league that I love will turn into a man who raped a teenager?

I'm not going away, no way.

16. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Really that’s a pretty disgusting take.

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Degree in Marketing. And the girl saw an opportunity for money and sold a rape to the world. She is the one that went up to his room (she meet him at the lobby/front desk). There was consensual stuff going on....the he said/she said came from the intercourse part of the encounter.

Some women do call consensual sex rape for various reasons. You can't say all victims are truthful and you can't say all of the accused are lying. This particular case was very he/said she said.

18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Um....how old were you 16-17 years ago? Do you remember the case? I do....

This is when songs reference that 4 million dollar ring he gave his wife during this saga.

19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well said.

20. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Again that is your view and understand that but I personally can’t say what happened that night I wasn’t there. But I will say that Kobe’s life from that point in time changed. Not to forgive for what he did, which was cheating at very minimum. But to see how lived his life later on he became champion for women especially when it came to women sports.