1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TMZ: Kobe Bryant killed in helicopter crash

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by justtxyank, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

The problem is, Kobe's case was not open and shut. What victim brags about having sex with an NBA player while a trial is going on? What victim changes their story multiple times? Kobe's statements are also public record too. There is a reason why the case was thrown out and that's because the victim was not the most credible due to some of the things I named. Kobe was only accused and paid the settlement to essentially clear his name.

It's important to take rape seriously but just as important to throw out money-grab cases because it gets in the way of actual victims. I don't see anyone here minimizing rape. What I do see are people placing someone as guilty when that isn't proven literally hours after he dies with his daughter and other innocents. Some people just don't have the emotional intelligence and come off as pompous assholes.

#781 Scarface281, Jan 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

3. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

It is regulated. Go read Part 91 and 135 of the Federal Aviation Regulations.

There are requirements to fly under VFR, Special VFR, and IFR. The conditions were met for SVFR for most of Bryant's flight.

Continued....I'm going into jury selection...

malakas, BigShasta and Yung-T like this.
  4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Kobe and Vanessa started this charity in 2006 and have focused on causes they both really care about. An excerpt of causes they deal with:

"KVBF provides scholarships and operates Mamba FC, a youth soccer club that teaches young athletes how to become leaders and independent thinkers through sports.

Since 2011, the foundation has partnered with the United Way of Greater Los Angeles, Step Up on Second and homeless youth drop-in center My Friend's Place to provide comprehensive services to homeless kids in Los Angeles"

Here's a link to their website: http://kvbff.org/getinvolved/

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

#786 Os Trigonum, Jan 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
    Nook likes this.
  7. malakas

malakas Member

Thank you very much for the information.

Keep up the good work you are doing.

It's not farfetched to say that you are actually saving lives out there by following your conscience and your duty reminding these pilots that the license itself doesn't matter if the skills are rusty.
    I wish you to always have good wind in your wings.(as we say in my language).

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Kobe left that game at 4.1 seconds. Kobe left this world at 41.

Corny maybe, but I think that's a pretty crazy coincidence.

gatsby, Tfor3, bmelo and 4 others like this.
  9. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Yep, and there is a saying in the pilot world. "There are old pilots and there are bold pilots but no old bold pilots"

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. i3artow i3aller

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

God Bless the Altobelli family.
    God Bless all these families.
    :'(

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. the shark

the shark Member

I am not going to defend Kobe nor am I going to judge him (I'll leave that up to the big guy upstairs).

To label a man as ________ and that this defines and sums up his entire life is just pure ignorance.

The man was a father, a husband, a son, a friend, a mentor to countless kids and professional athletes, he was an artist, a motivator, a teammate, a champion and the list goes on and on.

As for what happened years ago in Colorado I would like to think that as he grew up and ultimately became a family man and had his own daughters that he learned from this experience and hopefully if put in the same situation it wouldn't happen again because he was hopefully wiser but more importantly humbled.

Did he make mistakes.....hell YES and who here hasn't???

As Jesus said "let thee who hasn't sinned cast the first stone".

Some of you on here need to WAKE THE F up and realize there's this thing called timing.

This thread (in my humble opinion) shouldn't be blasting a man WHO JUST DIED and hasn't even been laid to rest yet (funeral).

Again I'll say if you don't have anything nice to say it might behoove you to zip your pie hole shut.

15. TheresTheDagger

This is very cool.

Richie_Rich and Reeko like this.
  16. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

1991 - year that particular helicopter was built (the exact one all 9 passed in).
    1978- Kobe's birth year

1991-1978= 13. Gianna's age at her death and Kobe's age when helicopter was built.

Doesn't mean anything - just something I noticed

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. bmelo

bmelo Member

2+2=4
    4-3=its dumb af

18. malakas

malakas Member

A rape isn't just a minor mistake that it happens and you move on.

Easy for you to say.
    Did he rape you?
    Did he rape your daughter or your sister?

Then it's not your place to say that it means nothing.
    There is someone out there whose life was affected in the worst way possible by the criminal actions of this man.

A man who was an amazing basketball player, an idol of a generation, a good father.
    And a rapist of a teenage girl.

Nook likes this.