1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

That's like a normal shopping day at Costco for most people. Don't forget toilet paper. Those beans and rice gotta go somewhere.

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Prepare your backyards for food.

3. Buck Turgidson

malakas and Andre0087 like this.
  4. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

When **** hits the fan we won't be wiping it with toilet paper.

malakas likes this.
  5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

7. Nook

Nook Member

I don’t know but in the first video the expert was “Dr. Poon”... so Poon Tang? Wu Han? Wu Tang?

8. Nook

Nook Member

Who the hell would choose to go to China on vacation?

9. Senator

Senator Member

Modern China is just the worst. A once historic civilization capable of great things, everything about it now is terrible, not to mention the influence their money has abroad. None of it is going towards actually bettering humanity. Stop buying Chinese products. And if you're CHinese, stand up for yourself and speak out about eating all kinds of rodents and domestic animals in the most inhuamne way possible. The virus was very much brought about by this culture, not "freak incidents".

https://nypost.com/2019/11/01/chine...y-starves-to-death-trying-to-support-brother/

10. Nook

Nook Member

The CCP is just disgusting. Biggest threat to civilization in the world.

11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I’ve been there.... have you ever heard of the Great Wall ? Hong Kong is amazing along with Macau.

Along with the Yangtze River

[​IMG]

Or the Yellow Mountains

[​IMG]

Where do you go on vacations?

Nook likes this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

I have been to China well over a dozen times. I would never go on vacation. Same with India.

Where do I go on vacation? I’ve been to most major countries and all across North and South America.

I have been to Hong Kong for business and Taiwan as well. Both are very different than the mainland.

If you give me a choice between virtually all of Western Europe and China or India - I will choose Western Europe. I found nothing remotely relaxing about China.

If I want a more challenging trip I will go back to Africa or Egypt or the Middle East (without my wife).

There are areas of China that are beautiful but the trips were nightmares. Further large areas of the Great Wall are fake. I saw it.... one of the least impressive things I have seen compared to the pyramids or the treasures of Rome or Africa.

To each their own.... but the two worst places I have been are China and India.

Joshfast and peleincubus like this.
  13. malakas

malakas Member

Deaths grew from 57 to over 80 in a single night.
    Experts say the infected are estimated to be over 100 thousand.

This is basically out of control now.
    Silent infectors who haven't developed symptoms yet, are travelling all over the world spreading the disease.
    And WHO still thinks it's no cause of emergency.

This thing is on course to infect 10 times more people than SARS.

14. malakas

malakas Member

Come on. This has nothing to do with this epidemic.
    Very shocking photos I am glad that kind hearted people gave her and her family some help. Heartbreaking.

But the Wuhan coronavirus didn't come from starving people who were dying from hunger.
    It came from rich people who wanted to buy live wild animals, see them getting butchered in front of them so as to be "fresh" and take the exotic meat home to make delicacies.
    The poor and starving aren't to be blamed.

The poor eat rice.
    The rich eat the bats.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  15. Senator

Senator Member

My goodness you're thick. That was just another issue from the void of cutthroat inhumanity that is china - the cause is clearly highlighted in the first post of the thread.

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

17. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

@Nook quotes “I have been to China well over a dozen times. I would never go on vacation. Same with India.”

I have been to both many times and Shanghai and Suzhou multiple times over the last 2 years and basically up and down the East coast of china in the industrial areas over the past decade. I completely agree with what you’re saying. All my times there have been on business and it makes me appreciate what we have here at home so much more.

I love exploring the culture and foods and etc but I’d never go there on vacation, much less expose my family to it. I do it because it’s business and pays me well to take care of my family. I’ve seen all kinds of weird stuff. I’d NEVER take my family there on vacation!!

I’ve also been to various countries in Europe and I’d happily take my family there.

It’s crazy and sad to see this virus outbreak and knowing how China operates, I know they aren’t sharing everything because honor matters. Having said that, I think they are doing much better with this than in past outbreaks. Hopefully they get it under control sooner rather than later. That is if they understand the situation at hand and that’s the million dollar question.

Nook likes this.
  18. malakas

malakas Member

When it comes to poverty China is not alone. Hundreds of thousands of people in America and in Europe are equally starving with minimal access to healthcare or any kind of help from the state.

Just saying CHINA SUX does nothing to help here.
    Poverty =/= Wuhan coronavirus.
    Their extreme undemocratic government has nothing to do with the virus.

The root of the problem is the superstitions and the cooking culture of the common people who want to eat fresh wild exotic game because it has the character for happy.

At least the government is now taking steps in education and in laws to eradicate this practice that not only has thrown the world in chaos but also contributes in the extinction of endangered animals.

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I mean I understand what you are saying. Out of everywhere I have been I would probably choose to live in China last out of everywhere lol. Are you talking about a distinction between traveling and a vacation. Because the times I have been to China (3 times) there was nothing much relaxing about it. One note. When I saw the Great Wall I went on a bus for a few hours and went out to an area where there were not many tourists at all, mostly just our group from the hostel that we booked together online. Much of it falling apart. But there were still reasons I wanted to go to travel etc.

The only place I have been to in Africa is Egypt. But there are things I would like to see there also. Not wanting to go to areas where I could get sick or anything, screw that.

What are your 2-3 favorite places in Europe?

20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I feel bad responding this way as someone who has never been to China or India... but has travelled international and respect other cultures and vacationing in other cultures outside of your comfort zone... I haven never quite understood the draw to either place....

... but then in the type that would prefer vacationing in San Diego over LA, don’t like to travel to the northeast that much, etc. just not my cuppa.