1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So I was almost phished, questions

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dubious, Jan 25, 2020.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

FWIW, I am partial to a service called ID watchdog but there are several good ones. Message me for more info if interested.

Dubious likes this.
  2. PhiSlammaJamma

Women are overrated. Go fishing.

3. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

There's a lot to unpack here. Good luck man. When you're better, go to Brazil for a great time.

Dubious, Invisible Fan and BigShasta like this.
  4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Besides what people have said, only other thing on the list is security questions you put in. Hopefully it's nothing obvious, but if it is rotate them with less searchable or left field answers.

Hope it isn't a big setback for you. There's scammers and cheaters on dating sites but already plenty of people also looking for connections.

Dubious likes this.
  5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Damn, brother- lean on CF.

Dubious and B-Bob like this.
  6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I’ve been with my lady for about the same length of time. I’m older than she is and have assumed that I’ll go long before she does, and I likely will, but nothing is guaranteed in this life. We’ve both learned that, you with a terrible tragedy far worse than losing the friends and family I miss so much. I can’t imagine going through what you are going through, Dubious, and I’m moved by what you told us. Good luck. You deserve some luck and I hope it finds you.

Dubious, MadMax and mikol13 like this.
  7. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

That one is the same price and benefits of upgrading my Discovercard service

8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

My dad was married to my mom for 48 years when she passed in 2018. Less than a year later, his girlfriend had moved in and they're now engaged. My brother and I were pissed and shocked but, in the end, we (at least I did anyway) realized that he was very happy and she was pretty cool. My dad was essentially a nurse for the better part of a decade. His fiancee now is active and healthy...so he's happy being able to travel and do things again.

Might seem weird at first, especially for your kids/grandkids. But you should be able to have some fun and see what's out there.

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

So sorry to hear about your wife, @Dubious. I can't even imagine.

My wife's parents just celebrated their 57th over the weekend. All they do is snip at each-other and roll their eyes, but we can tell it's all an act because we see them holding hands when no one else is around.

God help me if I ever enter the dating world again....

B-Bob likes this.
  10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Life does move on and I think older folks are mellow enough to find new love.

My Grandmother met a really nice man several years after my grandfather passed and they spent 15 years together before he too passed a few years ago. We were all super happy for my grandmother that she found love again.

Deckard and B-Bob like this.
  11. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Sorry for your lose brother...Like people said, most of your info is readily available, but be cautious in providing personal info, just in case...

As they say, if it's too good to be true, it probably is. Dating is expensive, and I prefer meeting people through friends, so good luck in the dating scene (it sucks), and I know with patience, you'll find the right companion for you...

12. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Thanks everybody, I'm in my 3rd week of anti-depressants. Today felt OK ish.

B-Bob likes this.
  13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Well, having gone through ID theft in the way back, I've had several simultaneous services before that you would think would be equivalent, but they are not. the "watchdog" one caught things that the others didn't, for what it's worth.

But the best thing, IMHO, for anyone concerned: just lock up / freeze your credit. It's inconvenient next time you need to pull off a real estate transaction or buy a new car, but you can sleep fairly easy. (Not completely, of course.)

14. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I can't believe I missed this...Atta boy lol...I will say just let things happen naturally and try not to rush or force things...You'll be just fine...