1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mike Pompeo is a big fat idiot, volume XXI

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Jan 25, 2020.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Let's not let it get lost that this man is a liar and an embarassment to the State department and the United States .

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/01/mike-pompeo-tirade-npr-reporter-ukraine-interview.html

The tension revolved around a nine-minute interview Friday in which reporter Mary Louise Kelly asked Pompeo about Iran. The interview, which NPR has published in full, deteriorated when Kelly moved on to questions about Ukraine and asked Pompeo if he felt he owed former Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch an apology. Pompeo refused to answer her questions, insisting he had only agreed to come onto the show to discuss Iran.

Later in the day, Kelly explained on NPR what happened next. An aide appeared and asked her to follow her to Pompeo’s private living room. There, “he shouted at me for about the same amount of time as the interview itself had lasted,” she said. He expressed his fury at her asking him about Yovanovitch. “He asked, ‘Do you think Americans care about Ukraine?’,” she said. “He used the f-word in that sentence, and many others.”

Then, according to Kelly, he asked her if she thought she could locate Ukraine on a map. He had his aides bring him a world map without labels. “I pointed to Ukraine,” she said. “He put the map away. He said, ‘People will hear about this.’”

Deckard and joshuaao like this.
  2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Welp... at least he was correct at the very end. People are hearing about his rude tantrum and childish map stunt.

3. B-Bob

Pompeo not disputing the after-interview tantrum but claiming Kelly pointed at Bangladesh on the map. Also saying she violated an agreement to have that conversation (tantrum) off the record.

4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Either Mike Pompeo or Mary Louise Kelly is lying.

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

What a Pompeous ass

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

There's no way Mary Louise Kelly pointed at Bangladesh...

David Kroman explains the idiocy of that lie by Pompeo "I suck at geography, but kinda the whole thing with this Ukraine drama is that it borders Russia!"

7. B-Bob

If these goons (offensive, Os?) weren’t in power, this **** would be super funny.

joshuaao, Newlin and RayRay10 like this.
  8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

reggie_hammond_okay.gif

B-Bob likes this.
  9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

It's kind of a "the card says Moops, not Moors"

Pompeo doesn't realize how embarrassing he is. Which is a feature of the Trumpist cancer.

subtomic and fchowd0311 like this.
  10. WNBA

WNBA Member

the fat pig lies more than trump.

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Pompeo trying to convince the public that Mary Louise Kelly confused Bangladesh for Ukraine when the lady has a god damn graduate degree from Cambridge University in European studies shows how hopelessly incompetent the dude is and makes me question the level of difficulty of the curriculum at West Point.

12. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

To be fair, Mike Pompeo isn't lying, Bangladesh is not the Ukraine. I'm not sold that Mike Pompeo actually knows which is which though.

13. fchowd0311

Man, if you are going to convince the public that a Cambridge graduate degree holder in European studies is going to incorrectly identify Ukraine on a Map, you probably should chose a country like Belarus and not ****ing Bangladesh lol.

What a god damn idiot.

jboslett and B-Bob like this.
  14. fchowd0311

I also wonder if this was a male reporter, would he command him to do a geography test to prove his credentials on said subject matter?

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Because she went Cambridge she knows where every country is? I never had a geography class in college. Did you?

16. fchowd0311

If she went to Cambridge for mathematics or computer science, ya.

But European Studies?

Dude are you trolling now? Please tell me so I don't have to waste my time.

Ukraine's geography has immense importance in European studies as their border with Russia is a primary reason for one of the most well known conflicts occuring in Europe as of right now and I would assume a GRADUATE degree holder in European studies would know the general area in which the country is located and not point to a country that is on the coast line of the Indian ****ing Ocean.

jboslett and joshuaao like this.
  17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I didn't ses the part about European Studies

18. fchowd0311

Goodbye.

B-Bob likes this.
  19. Buck Turgidson

She was also NPR's chief correspondent for intelligence, foreign policy and/or the Pentagon from 2004-2011. Pretty sure she's familiar with a map of Europe.

jboslett, B-Bob, joshuaao and 2 others like this.
  20. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Regardless of when you last took a geography class, I'm guessing, however, that you know that Bangladesh is in Asia and that the Ukraine borders Russia in Europe. Would you have made that mistake?